Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-19, 03:29 PM  
TracyQ

Having Surgery Need Some Encouragement

I’ve tried everything to avoid it (physical therapy, cortisone) nothing helped with the pain and I got three opinions with three different surgeons (all agreed I should have surgery because it’s not going to get better without it) and now I’m scheduled to have rotator cuff surgery on Wednesday 11/6.

After surgery I will be in a sling for 6-8 weeks. No working, no working out except for PT. I am going mad just thinking about it.

I have Amazon Prime that I only use for fast deliveries so I am going to check out some of their programming. I’m not much of a TV person and the last and only show I ever binged watched was Breaking Bad which I enjoyed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what someone like me who’s always on the go can do stuck in the house in a sling for 6-8 weeks?

Thanks.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 03:39 PM  
sherry7899

Tracy,

Best wishes for your surgery! Sending you hugs

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

Do you have Netflix as well?

I'll try to come up with suggestions.

Sherry

Do you enjoy reading? If you post what types of books you like, I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful suggestions here.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 04:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

if you have netflix, my guilty pleasure is Shameless. there are like 8 seasons out there. Better Call Saul - yep especially if you love breaking bad.
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 04:32 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

If you have a firestick also, amazon prime, will be your friend. I used to have Netflix but it got cut as an expense.

So. Oh my. I’ve watched Frankie and Grace. Binge watch
There I this story abut the Nuns, she has on a purple dress.
I watched rescue 911
You can watch any season show you like on there. Don’t look at the fitness section, that will only aggravate you.

Orange is the new Black, love that show. Not my cup of tea with the lesbian footage.

How to get away with murder

Officer and a Gentlemn.

Lots at Christmas time.

You got the right thing.

You can geek out on Pandora for relaxing music. Also on YouTube.

Just have your thumb ready, and a joy the clicking. You will not be board. Do what they say and rest. Do your PT and drink up to get that anesthesia out of your system.

Stay on top of the pain. It takes the meds longer to get to the pain then it does if you already have some in your system.

Smoothies will so come in handy.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 04:34 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Tracy,

Best wishes for your surgery! Sending you hugs

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

Do you have Netflix as well?

I'll try to come up with suggestions.

Sherry

Do you enjoy reading? If you post what types of books you like, I'm sure you will get plenty of helpful suggestions here.
Hi Sherry—thank you for the well wishes.

I have not watched Better Call Saul. That’s a great suggestion. Do you know if it’s on Prime?

We don’t have Netflix but I’m thinking about subscribing for my recovery.

I do enjoy reading both fiction and non fiction and have an audible subscription. I don’t read a lot though because I don’t have time so this will be a good opportunity to enjoy some good reads. The last two books I read that I enjoyed were My Lovely Wife and the Summer of 69.

Old 11-01-19, 04:37 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
if you have netflix, my guilty pleasure is Shameless. there are like 8 seasons out there. Better Call Saul - yep especially if you love breaking bad.
thanks for the suggestions. I’m considering getting a Netflix subscription for my recovery.

Old 11-01-19, 04:44 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
If you have a firestick also, amazon prime, will be your friend. I used to have Netflix but it got cut as an expense.

So. Oh my. I’ve watched Frankie and Grace. Binge watch
There I this story abut the Nuns, she has on a purple dress.
I watched rescue 911
You can watch any season show you like on there. Don’t look at the fitness section, that will only aggravate you.

Orange is the new Black, love that show. Not my cup of tea with the lesbian footage.

How to get away with murder

Officer and a Gentlemn.

Lots at Christmas time.

You got the right thing.

You can geek out on Pandora for relaxing music. Also on YouTube.

Just have your thumb ready, and a joy the clicking. You will not be board. Do what they say and rest. Do your PT and drink up to get that anesthesia out of your system.

Stay on top of the pain. It takes the meds longer to get to the pain then it does if you already have some in your system.

Smoothies will so come in handy.
Wow! Thanks for the great suggestions. You make it me feel like it won’t be so bad. I’m going to look into the Firestick too. I’m not sure how that’s works.

I borrowed a friends recliner and bought an electric throw for it and some new comfy leopard print PJs.

Old 11-01-19, 05:13 PM  
sherry7899

Tracy, the first 3 seasons of Better Call Saul are on Netflix.

You may like Stranger Things on Netflix.

Oh, you like psychological suspene. That is right up my.alley! I will make a list for you over the weekend.

The season of Dexter with John Lithgow as a guest star through the season is excellent.

The shows Parenthood and Friday Night Lights are on Prime. I love them both.

For music Spotify is free.

Old 11-01-19, 05:14 PM  
Erica H.

I've had four surgeries in the past year and have had to take a lot of time off. I don't watch tv or movies so I ended up reading a lot and wasting a lot of time on the internet.

Can you still walk? I did a lot of walking during recovery. What about lower body work with no weights and/or kickboxing workouts with just kicking? How about stationary cycling, low impact cardio like aerobics or step?

Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 05:19 PM  
sherry7899

I have some books I was going to donate to my library. I will pm you the list of any psychological suspense. If you would like any of them, I would be glad to send them to you.

Tags
rotator cuff, surgery