Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-19, 11:42 AM  
YogaGal

Kundalini Yoga for November 2019!

“The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.”
~ Yogi Bhajan

Let’s always be grateful for our yoga practice, wherever it is, wherever we are.

This is a check-in thread for anyone who is trying to add regular Kundalini yoga to their lives (either as a sole form of exercise or along with other types of exercise). It doesn't matter if you're doing it with dvds, on your own, in live classes, etc. Anyone that wants to try adding regular kundalini to help achieve their goals of fitness, health and well-being is welcome (as well as those who are just interested in the possibility).

Sat Nam!
Old 11-01-19, 01:21 PM  
amg

Yesterday, I did Practice 1 from Nirvair's Complete Course then I watched Practice 2 since it wasn't the complete practice on YouTube. Today, I did Practice 3.

I really enjoyed both of Nirvair's practices. They were nice, slow and gentle practices. I really could feel how relaxed my body was after completing each practice. And I learned a few new things.

Lannette - I think I want to purchase Nirvair's set also. These practices seem like something I need to slow down and pay attention to how my body feels. I'm hoping for a sale too. And I also like just prefer having dvds to use in my workout room.

I usually use kettlebell dvds 3 days a week. The combination of kettlebells and KY has really strengthened my core. I also rebound a few times throughout the day and go for walks when the weather is nice.

Glad to hear that you have healed so well!

Amanda - I have slowed down too and really am enjoying where I am at now. I have a few Lee Holden dvds that I enjoy. They are perfect for winding down at night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 11-02-19, 05:26 PM  
Lannette

A bad wind storm knocked out our power all day Friday so just a bit of KY. Nothing to speak of really.

Today I did Nirvair’s 6th class. It was for upper back and shoulders and felt wonderful. I’m getting ready to go do a short family set.

Amanda & April thanks for sharing your non-KY fitness activities. I enjoying what people do outside of their yoga.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 11-03-19 at 07:20 AM. Reason: It was actually the 6th class that I did.
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 07:32 AM  
Lannette

I corrected my last post. Having two practices together gets confusing. Does anyone know if the Nirvair Complete Course DVDs are each chaptered into two classes versus straight through?

Today I did the 7th practice. It was for elimination and was pretty much the same as Nirvair’s Weight Loss DVD. It has a great explanation of the connection between physical and mental elimination. Will do family yoga later.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 11-03-19 at 07:34 AM. Reason: To add and clarify
Old 11-04-19, 06:11 PM  
amg

Sunday - Yoga House Calls: Tune In, Free & Flexible, Closing Prayer

Today - Nirvair's Complete Course Practice 4

Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 11-07-19, 09:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I haven't done a physical practice yet this month, but have been good about doing Sa Ta Na Ma after my morning meditation. I miss it and need to get down on the mat. I had a six hour Reiki training on Saturday which was wonderful, but cut a dent in my weekend. And on Monday my niece and I drove to a meditation workshop so I'm really behind. All worth it!!

Carolyn, thank you for starting us! I can't believe how October sped by. Forever grateful! For a couple of months now I've been incorporating a few minutes of gratitude, it is a huge help in setting the mind straight for the day. Some mornings I'll give thanks for something as simple as having running water, what a blessing that is.

Lannette - I have a couple of Nirvair DVDs but am not sure if the ones I have are separate volumes of his course. The ones I have are chaptered into two separate practices and they each have a bonus, too. The morning/evening practices one demonstrates a Kundalini ritual to perform before bed.

April good job keeping up!

Good morning to Amanda, Gale, and anyone who has time to pop in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 02:53 PM  
amg

Yesterday was Warrior Workout - Tune In, Warm Ups, Warrior Cardio, Deep Relax, Closing Prayer

Today was Nirvair Practice 5 (Lower Back)

I am finding that Nirvair's practices are so gentle that they are perfect on days that I use long kettlebell workouts. I'm loving that combo.

Pat - You are staying busy! A meditation workshop sounds lovely. I have been doing Sa Ta Na Ma in the evenings to help me transition to bedtime. It seems to be helping.
Old 11-08-19, 09:58 AM  
Lannette

Today I finished the 12th practice from Nirvair’s old college class. I actually want to do it again. Inner to email yogatech.com to ask about the chaptering. I’ve ordered three DVDs from them. Two were chaptered, though not by exercise and were DVR. One was not chaptered but was pressed. I’m wondering if they’re making their own copies as they run out of pressed stock.
Oh, my Maya Fiennes DVDs were pressed and chaptered but not by exercise.

Gotta run!

Old 11-08-19, 11:24 AM  
amg

Today was Nirvair Practice 6 (Neck) - another nice, gentle practice

I was looking at yoga tech to see what I want from the black Friday sale. Will definitely get Maya's Mantra set and something from Nirvair. They also have Matra Girl dvds: Intro to KY and Chanting and Advanced KY for Spiritual Warrior. Has anyone tried the Mantra girl dvds? Are they worth adding to KY collection for variety? Thanks!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 11-09-19, 04:23 PM  
Lannette

After finishing the last Nirvair college class I decided to pick back up with Maya Fiennes’ Mantra Set. This morning I did “Accept Love” and really enjoyed it! Like the others it’s split more or less into half practice half mantra. Both the class and mantra have a lot of arm holds/movements because they center on the heart.

I planned on doing 11 minutes of the mantra but surprised myself and completed all 21 minutes. I can’t believe how much KY has helped my neck, shoulder and arm! This week I increased my step height, tubing resistance and weights without a hitch. I think KY really made that possible.

April I know what you mean about Nirvair’s practices working well with more demanding exercise. They really get my day moving in the right direction when I work in my massage office.

Pat Your Reiki training sounds wonderful.

Last edited by Lannette; 11-09-19 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo