Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-20-19, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the mat pilates section from just b method Attitude Tu dvd.
Then I did a 47 minute walk a little while after that. The weather never really improved that much, it was cloudy and damp, but at least no showers.
I am planning a walk and hopefully more today.

PENGUIN, nice workout. Have you found a favorite YT channel yet or still enjoying exploring it all?

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 04:20 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Then I won't tell you that its 70* and sunny out. But don't worry its going to start raining tomorrow . I'm enjoying trying new people. there are a few I know I can count on for a good, fun workout such as Up To The Beat Fitness and Gymra is a new favorite for the outdoor sets, but mostly I'm having fun trying new people. Occasionally not that much fun like today.

I started with a 40min walking workout from AngieFitnessTV. I think this was her first time filming but her style was a lot like a drill Sargent and every time she breathed we heard it on the mic; the music and moves weren't that inspiring either. I stuck with her for 20min then switched to UTTBFit for the last 20 min.

I finished 55 stuffed bears for the toy drive collection tomorrow.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 10:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 42 minute walk. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more, pilates or weights. I'm cooking a turkey breast for dinner with the trimmings today. I work on Thanksgiving so this is my little mini Thanksgiving dinner with the family .

PENGUIN, sorry the first workout didn't suit you but it looks like you have some favorites to fall back on. At least it's sunny here today and we should hit 50.
That's about the best we can do around here this time of year. lol. Awesome job on the stuffed bears.

Old 11-21-19, 04:47 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today's workout was a YT Leslie. The title was Fast walking in 30min. White and blue set with pink shoes, black pants and white tops, I believe they cut two 'stretchie band' miles out. The blue bands weren't on the floor for the first part, appeared on the floor for the second part, {I thought they were blue tape markers to keep everyone in place}, then they all changed direction and were in front of the exerciser instead of beside.

Despite warmer weather I've been cold for the past few days and am tired today. I hope I'm not getting sick. My friend who gives me a ride also felt like she was getting sick, but she's having family company coming and staying for the Holiday's.

SB, Your Tday meal sounds nice and hopefully there will be leftovers. Next Wednesday I'll be making two pumpkin pies, one for us and one to take to Mom and Dad's.

Its raining and yucky so I'm thinking about a nap!

Old 11-21-19, 09:17 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my latest workouts. I've continued my Joyce rotation. Hopefully I'll get in a workout before DS and DIL arrive tomorrow.

Tuesday (11/19) - Joyce Vedral Non-Stop! - All
Wednesday (11/20) - Amy Bento Hip Hop Walk + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 725
Thursday (11/21) - Joyce Vedral Top Shape It's Now Or Never - All

SB, nice job with the pilates and walks. My favorite on the Precision Training dvd is the mat workout using the pilates circle. I love using the pilates circle in workouts. Oh no! I can't believe you have to work again on Thanksgiving. I'm glad you were able to celebrate today. I hope you had a wonderful dinner with your family!

Penguin
, I see you are still enjoying your new workouts on YT, even though some don't quite meet expectations. It sounds like a great way to workout and avoid the boredom factor. Yum - pumpkin pies! One of the my favorite things about fall. I like sweet potato and butternut squash pies also.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I did a 43 minute walk in the park yesterday. It's been awhile since I did that.
I am hoping to walk today but it's kind of damp and maybe some rain is coming in so we'll see. I definitely need to do some pilates or similar.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Leslie walk. Hope you're feeling better and don't get sick.

TAMMIE, very good workouts. I love using the pilates circle too so I'll definitely check that out. I didn't get the dvds yet. Maybe they're coming from Australia? Our dinner was great and we do have leftovers. Yeah he needed me for Thanksgiving but I may have to put my foot down on the other holidays. Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days at our restaurant. I told him if I worked Thanksgiving I was taking Saturday off though. I can only work 2 days a week.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-22-19, 03:25 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I felt better today and did two short weight workouts by Fitness Blender. All Strength UB with Daniel and Fat Burning Butt and Thigh with Kelly.

Tammie, I've never heard of a butternut pie before! Sounds good. I've always tended to be very picky about workouts, free YT workouts are easier to pick and choose than buying, trying, and being disappointed, then being stuck with a $20 workout I didn't like.

SB, Weather here is still damp and cold even though the rain stopped. Hubby said something about a picnic tomorrow but I'm not sure its a good idea looking at the forecast.

I'm happy its Friday.

Old 11-23-19, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I started with just b method Attitude Tu standing portion but after 10 minutes I took it out and put in CF Arms & Abs and did the upper and ab sections and then the core pretzel toner from CF Lean & Toned. It was a showery day so no walk. Today is sunny but chilly so not sure if I'll walk before work later this afternoon.

PENGUIN, glad you're feeling better and were able to do a nice weight workout.
Aww sweet idea about the picnic but not in damp cold weather.

Old 11-23-19, 09:58 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

I thought i posted a couple of days ago, but apparently I did not! oh well.
Yesterday: Squeeze #1
Before that: Jay Blahnik step, Cathe's Cardio and Weights, Some other stepping and some walking.

SB- I think I'll pull out my CF workouts this week too. My fave is the Legs and Glutes one. I hope you're able to get in some dry walks this weekend and that work isn't too crazy.

PP/Tammie - One thanksgiving many moons ago, I decided to serve a squash pie for thanksgiving instead of our usual pumpkin. 20 years later that pie still comes up for conversation on thxgiving (including the one just past)...and not in a good way!!!
Old 11-25-19, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts to report for Saturday or Sunday because I was working and needed to conserve my energy but I wanted to bump us up. We have a few relatively mild days coming up so I hope to walk and more.

NORA, nice workouts last week. Too funny about the "memorable" squash pie.
I've never had one but it sounds like it could be good.