Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-19, 07:04 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yes, SB, it's a lot of cardio but as I said, I'm on the 5 lb weight loss mission and I'm not quite there yet. I like to eat, so I need to up my cardio!

Today, I finally put in Tone it Up (D. Seibers). Now I remember why I hesitated: it's gruelling. The woman doesn't give a stretch break for the whole hour. I also did about 40 minutes of walking. I put Lesley on the screen, but listened to a podcast instead of her.

Hi to everyone else and I hope you're all having a relaxing Sunday.
Old 11-11-19, 03:24 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We spent the whole weekend cleaning house and getting ready for a Chili Open House for the neighbors that helped us with the w/d. The guy that did the main electrical work wasn't able to come, so that was disappointing but everyone seemed happy to come. Since I had made 4 crockpots full of chili I gave out containers of chili as they left. Since I borrowed M/D's crockpot I'll share some with them, too. Of course. This left me exhausted so I'm surprised I didn't sleep later, Cindy had a paw in that!

I did another new to me from the YT list. Heather Robertson's Low Impact HIIT Cardio and Legs. No cueing but she demonstrated previews of the next exercise during the 10 second rest {}, easy moves, but repeated. I didn't like the music and tried muting it but the silence broken only by my panting and the fan was worse. . Id be interested to see if she gives form pointers during her weights workouts.

Nora, I should have tried listening to a podcast during my workout today. I hope you reach your weightloss goals. Our scale battery died but I think I've gained weight again. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi2...AkWsRlZEwleUfw It was multiple threads from doing a tag search for 'youtube'. Enjoy the week in FL

SB, The lows are supposed to get into the teens tonight. Not looking forward to that or having to go out into the world this week! Hope this week is slower for you.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 08:03 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP - thanks so much for the link. I will definitely be checking it out. Your party sounds like a lot of fun. If I got a container on the way out, I'd be so happy! Lucky guests.

today, I did a Cathe medley involving 4 day split, Step Blast and some hi/lo. I also took a 30 minute walk.
Old 11-11-19, 09:56 PM  
Tammie M

Hi everyone! Here are my latest workouts. DS is back from his deployment. Yeah! We were there when his plane arrived. We live about 13 hours away and we spent last week traveling to deliver his clothes, his car, and his new wife. I am not sure if you remember, but they eloped about a week before his deployment. They met and dated online. We spent a week with her before he arrived so we got to know her a little. He seems very happy now.

Sunday (11/10) - Joyce Vedral Bone-Building Body-Shaping Workout - Day One + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 721
Monday (11/11) - Joyce Vedral Bone-Building Body-Shaping Workout - Day Two + Classical Stretch Season 7 - 722

SB, I recently bought 3 of Linda's 3 disc sets so I have been trying to work them into a rotation. That's 36 workouts! I just bought 5 of Joyce's dvds during the latest Collage sale so I am switching to a Joyce rotation then I'll go back to a Linda rotation. Good job with your walks and dvd workouts. I walked some with DIL last week. The weather was beautiful. Tonight it is supposed to freeze here. Bbbrrrrr! I hope you got the insurance stuff resolved.

Nora, it sounds like you did a marathon workout today. Wow! And Tone It Up plus walking. Wow! Nice workouts. I hope you achieve your target loss quickly.

Penguin, I found out that my new DIL likes to workout to YT. I gave her that link. She said she likes HIIT workouts. Good job with your workouts. It sounds like your Chili Open House was a great success. I am sorry your hubby is having to go through a stressful time at work. Didn't he go through a similar thing last year? I hope his back is still ok.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 04:01 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Delivering his clothes, car and wife. That's funny, Tammie! I do remember that elopement story. Nice that you're finding some common ground with the new family member. Also, glad to hear that your son is safely home.

Today, i did Cardio Sculpt with Pam Cosmi. No, not for me! Too many repeated reps/sets and tubing. But I finished it. Also, a 20 minute walk.

Well, I hear y'all complaining about the weather, but you'll get no sympathy from me as we had a big dump of snow overnight and it's unpleasantly cold out there! So sick of winter already.
Old 11-12-19, 04:56 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, that sounds like a fun medley.

Tammie, I'm happy that you DS is back safely! Nice of you to bring him his things, especially the wife . Lay-offs do seem to happen frequently and always around Christmas.

My Dad sent me a text saying that the wind chill here in TN was 10* lower than that of Anchorage, AK. I didn't want to know that~!.

This morning my MIL was supposed to have surgery on her knee to clean us calcium deposits but apparently once the started they decided to replace the knee instead. Probably better overall anyway.

I had a little trouble with my workout today. I started one didn't like it and switched to another. They were both Vivid Training {from the list} but the first one was an hour long, repeated the same circuit 3 times and played the same song for the first 22min, including lyrics. skip!

The next one was VT No Repeats Full Body Strength. I skipped the WU, subbed in cardio for the exercises I had already done, and finished it. I guess I just need to make sure the title says no repeats! This almost 40min workout only had two songs but they were instrumentals so basically just background noise with a beat.

Old 11-13-19, 10:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still no workouts but I wanted to check in anyway to see what you all have been up to. It's still cold here so no walking. I worked an extra day on Veteran's Day because they give free lunch to all Vets and I'm going through some stressful things here I need to get done. It's in the 20s now so unless it warms up quite a bit I won't be walking today. I will definitely try to get a dvd workout done though.

PENGUIN, nice job with the YT workouts. I would also go for the no repeat workout every time. The Chili Open House sounds like a good time for all.
I hope your MIL recovers quickly from her surgery. That must have been quite a surprise for her.

TAMMIE, nice job with Joyce and CS. I saw that thread on GD and pulled out one of her workouts last week. She just goes so darn fast, I feel like I'm in a race to keep up with her. Well I have the insurance issue temporarily resolved at least but I'm still working on a permanent solution. I do remember when DS eloped last year. Glad he's home safely and happy .

NORA, nice workouts. That's great that upping your cardio helps with weight loss. The only time I lost weight from exercise was almost 40 years ago when I started "jogging" as they called it back then. I lost 10 lbs and 2 clothes sizes in 6 weeks. Of course I was 23 at the time so that helped. I can't run anymore.
I tried the summer before last doing walk/run intervals and my sciatica flared up for almost a year. I can't risk it as much as I would love to. Well at least we haven't had any snow yet.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 03:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did 3 separate YT miles with Leslie. The first and last seem to be from the same DVD which I don't have. Wake Up and Walk! week 1, WAH walk 15 1Mile, and Interval Training.

Still cold here but will be warming up tomorrow.

We visited MIL last night and she was arguing with the Nurses and giving them a hard time, basically being her usual self. She was on some nice drugs because she started talking to my Hubby like he was her brother. Hubby checked with the nurse and she reassured him that she was okay.

Old 11-14-19, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I sucked it up, bundled up and went for a 47 minute walk to the post office and back. It's a good thing I had a destination or I would have never walked so long. It barely made it to 30 degrees. I also added on several segments from Callanetics Evolution. I may try for another walk today and maybe some weights.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Leslie walks on YT. Hope MIL continues to improve.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 03:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, good job with your walk and addons! The sun decided to come out today, which certainly helped. We go back to visit MIL again tonight, we'll see if the nurses have strapped her to the bed yet :P

Another new to me workout. I typed in No Repeats Weights and chose one that looked good. Tracy Steen No Repeat Full Body strength. We did 3 ub, 2 lb and then 3 abs, repeat circuit but all different exercises! That was a lot of abs and by the end I was just doing cardio instead of more abs. We worked by a timer with light music in the background, her house was decorated for Christmas so that was fun to look at.