Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-19, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for the support, it means a lot.

I made it out to the beach yesterday evening for a chilly walk. Saw lots of Canada geese, mallards, and some terns I couldn't identify because of the dark. I watched the ferries go back and forth for a while. It helped a lot!

Margot, it's so good to see you.

I have three days bereavement leave coming up, so I'm looking forward to getting back on track. everyone !!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 09:02 AM  
sherry7899

Pat, sending you more hugs.

This morning I did:

Soul Sweat with Tori 75 minutes (my knees will likely hate me tomorrow!)
Yoga with Adriene-Yoga for Vertigo. She just posted this, so I tried it. It was very mellow and included alternate nostril breathing, which I have not done in ages.

I am going to do meditation later. I will check back in later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 12:02 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Sorry I've missing for a while! I pulled my pelvis out of alignment, which I thought was from doing Jessica Smith's single leg forward flexion balance work with hand weights but now believe it was from poor posture from sitting at my desk. I noticed my feet were dangling and I was slumped over to one side a lot when writing! I've been planting my feet on the outside edge of my left foot, so it's been sore to walk or do any kind of cardio. My fascia therapist straightened me up on Friday and I'm keeping up weekly sessions until we leave for the US. I'm still studying hard for my exam, which is now just a week away. I also had a flare up of eczema on my face (not fun), which ended up being a masked allergy to lavender. It felt almost like being a teenager again.

It's so nice to get back into exercising.
Yesterday I did:
- Body Groove - Spicy Latin #3. I think this is her best series yet. Great music too, unlike the House Party, which didn't appeal to me much.
- Jessica Smith seated 20 minute workout (YT)
- LH Monday Nov 11, 18 with guest AmaLi. I'm really glad I signed up for Lee's site. I think he's getting better and I love the appearance of guest teachers.

Today:
- Pilates Anytime - Mat with band - Amy Havens. I didn't care much for PA when I first subscribed. This time, I'm enjoying the different styles from so many instructors and already have a lot of favourites.
I'm planning on doing one of Aprille's Yin Yoga classes tonight.

Pat - I'm glad the beach walk helped a bit. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. ((Hugs))

Sherry - It's so nice of you to do some baking for your friends and I'm sure they appreciate your thoughtfulness. I was thinking of you when I was making some 'healthy' chocolate brownies for my DH the other day. Thank you for mentioning Adriene's new class. I need a lot of mellow-type classes and meditation to get me through this coming week!

Pam - Wishing you a very belated birthday. I see you're getting good use out of your inversion stool. Do you see any benefits? I looked at Linda's video clip of her new short workouts coming soon. I may cave, as they don't look too advanced from what I've seen of the previews.

Jackie - Poor Aubrey. I hope her hand has fully healed by now. My DH almost cut the top of his finger off on the table saw a week ago. He ended up in the ER. Thankfully, it's healing quite well.

Laura - Your classes always sound so nice. It was great that you were all prepared to step in and teach the other day at work. I'm sure everyone was glad that the class didn't have to be cancelled.

Cyana - Hope the new job is going well. Have you been doing Lee's classes lately? I really enjoyed the different style of his guest presenter, John from New York. His Mom taught one of Daisy Lee's flows, although it was slightly different. I ended up closing my eyes and doing Daisy's flow, as I know it by heart.

Waves to everyone visiting today!
Old 11-17-19, 06:32 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm behind here.

Aubrey's hand is healing but as we all know, it takes time. The good news is that she isn't needing to take ibuprofen anymore and is handling things with a homeopathic remedy.

I've been teaching a lot of classes and the schedule is full with kids activities. Aubrey and I are actually flying out of here if all the stars align on an airfare voucher to Dallas on Thursday. Aubrey needs a break and I need a couple days off...we will stay with another Essentrics instructor. I say the stars need to align...as the weather looks not so great....and I feel a bit frantic.

I started doing Ellen's long workout...Total Body Tune Up....got about half way through. Switched over to a 10 minute Barre3 workout and then tried some Essentrics floorwork. I think I might be burnt out!

Sending Pat a hug, and waving hello to everyone.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 08:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~3 km walk
~Barlates: Dynamic Flow Active - No weights but lots of big sweeping moves in this one, nice length at 29 min. I made some of the movements smaller to protect my SI joints.
~Essentrics PCW 10 - barre segment
~Headstand practice
~Gaia: Loving the Wilderness Yin - Lovely, with the Canadian Rockies as a backdrop. I dedicated this practice to Pat.

Margot - Sorry you’ve had some struggles. I hope they resolve soon & I’m sure you’ll be glad to have the exam behind you. Best wishes!
I am enjoying my headstand bench. I can’t say I’ve felt any huge benefits but I think it does help somewhat with core strength and balance. Mainly it’s just kinda fun, lol.

Jackie - I hope your trip works out, it will be a well deserved break for you!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 08:16 PM  
cyana

Today:
Holden Streaming 11.14.2018 Class - AmaLi guest taught the last part of the class and this woman has some serious energy and an amazing crystal chalice bowl. The students who were in the room that evening must've had an amazing experience.
MFML - Feel Better Flow - Adam Houcke. I really liked this - self-massage, a few down dogs, some all-fours, hip stretches, a couple of low lunges. Delightfully therapeutic when you aren't in the mood for an all-out vinyasa practice.
I finished up by listening to several crystal bowl meditations. During one, I had a vivid flashback to a wonderful dive I did in the Keys over 10 years ago. Beautiful sunny day with clear blue water, a giant grouper who was longer than I am tall and the real treat - a manta ray that kept gracefully circling around as if it knew I was about to burst with excitement since that's not something you frequently see in the Keys.

Pat - I am so sorry to hear about your sister. ((hugs)) Surrounding you in a blanket of healing warmth. I'm glad you were able to get out to the beach for a walk yesterday.

Jackie - I'm glad Aubrey's hand is continuing to heal. Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out for your trip this week.

Margot - It's so good to see you. I haven't done a ton of Lee's classes the past month, so I hope all the ones with the other guest instructors haven't dropped off. I did AmaLi's class today - whoa!!!! I think I would have been levitating had I been in that class - seriously. Good luck on your upcoming exam. I'm totally bummed, as I watched the last episode of Doc Martin Friday evening. I thought Season 9 was really good, though, so if it's going out, it did it on a high note.

Sherry - I would've been happy to take that chicken soup off your hands. I like alternate nostril breathing and find it works well when I have a slight headache. Hooray that you've been getting some better sleep.

Laura - Good for you for being able to pinch hit for the new work yoga instructor. I really need to get back to some live classes this week - keeping my fingers crossed.

Pam - You mentioned that practice of Lizzie's that you didn't really care for on MFML....I don't tend to have a half-way with her practices. I either like them or they just don't do it for me. The Canadian Rockies yin practice sounded delightful.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 10:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. DS is home, he got back from a business trip last night and slept here. He took the day off to visit BIL. I'm kind of nervous about visiting BIL for the first time without my sister there. The "new normal" and that - but we have to cross that step and move forward.

I tried Jane Adams Gentle Yoga last night, the lying full body practice. It was wonderful, thank you Sherry. The side lying shoulder sweeps and hip work were a nice twist from the usual passive stretches.

Cyana, that Holden streaming class sounds like a treat. Love your ocean flashback, manta rays! I'm going to try that as a meditation - listen to the music, put my cosmic snorkel on and check out where my mind floats to.

Pam thank you for the yin dedication. I'm sure inverting with your bench has hidden benefits, such as stimulating your lymph system. I love the feeling of chi rushing back when I ease down from my inversion table.

Jackie, fingers crossed that all stars align for you and Aubrey to get away to Dallas.

Margot it's nice to have you back. I can see how a prolonged postural position like that would throw you out of alignment. Desk sitting in the devil's tool for sure. Sounds like PA is going much better for you this time. Enjoy your yin tonight!

We've really been enjoying the Adagio teas from my Santa. DS Alex made a pot of loose leaf chamomile tea last night, so good. I'm having a cup of the English breakfast now, I think it's the best E.B. I've had. Everyone have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 09:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 10 - standing segment
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT Lower Body
~15 min gentle rebounding to recover
~Headstand practice
~MFML: Nourishing Yin :Love:

Pat - Your teas sound lovely! I love a good cup of EG, my fave black tea. I’m glad you have your DS home. Yes adjusting to a new normal will be hard, hope your visit with BIL went okay, (((hugs)))

Cyana - Always nice to see you! I’ve been eyeing that Feel Better Flow of Adam’s, sounds very nice. I am rarely in the mood for an all out vinyasa, lol. Loved your dive imagery! It brought back fond memories of snorkeling in the Caribbean. I would sure love to be there now as it’s damp & dreary here!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-19-19, 11:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day for me, just a nice long yin stretch this evening. I spent the morning at the ophthalmologist’s office, testing and eye exam as I’m monitored for glaucoma due to my family history. I felt like I was on the surface of the sun for a few hours, so much glare from having my pupils dilated. Back at it tomorrow!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-20-19, 09:20 AM  
sherry7899

I've forgotten to check in.

Monday-my knees were bugging me, so I skipped cardio and did a 25 minute Yoga Upload floor practice

Tuesday-rest day, but got in a lot of steps

Wednesday:
Soul Sweat-World Heat with Sara Jane 63 minutes
J. Brown Yoga 15 minute practice

I will try to post personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote