Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-19, 01:35 PM  
sherry7899

Good afternoon!

Of course I did not get an extra hour of sleep. I woke up my normal early time and that was it!

This morning I did:

Body Combat 79-the 45 minute version. I had to take a lot of water breaks! This was really fun, and my heart rate got higher than it's ever gone. Oddly, my calorie burn did not reflect that, though.

After that I needed yoga on the floor, so I did Yoga Upload Side Body Stretch yoga, which is lovely.

My son is working and my DH is out with a friend, so I am catching up around the house.

Laura-I haven't had actual hot flashes yet. I've had the totally messed up TOM cycle of not getting it for a month or getting it twice in the same month. Ugh! Sorry for the TMI.

Your yoga practices sound lovely!

Jackie-I hope the car and gf problems are resolved now-hugs!!

Pam-love the Anne of Green Gables quote. I bought the dvd set with Megan Follows starring as Anne, and may watch it over the winter. I remember watching it on PBS on the tiny tv had in my room growing up!

Hi, Pat!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 08:36 PM  
cyana

Quick post and run - wanted to officially announce that I'm not dead , but still busy. Keeping my fingers crossed with the arrival of November things will calm down a bit at work so I'll have time to post.

Sherry - Thought about you when I went to Trader Joe's yesterday for the first time in ages. They've moved everything around, so I was totally lost, but happy to see Brussels sprouts on the stalk and those were last night's dinner. I also got some Cotija cheese for significantly less than it costs at the Whole Wallet and the WW closest to my house doesn't even carry it anymore. Along with everything else they seem to eliminate from the shelves on a regular basis.......

Pat - Hope your Reiki training went well. Your meditation on the beach with the wind and high surf sounded divine. I saw an article earlier that mentioned living near water and well-being so I'm definitely up the creek in that department!

Laura - I wasn't familiar with the modified Horse face pose either - interesting! I really need to pull out Happy Hormones. That practice makes me feel happy.

Pam - Yum on the soup. It's been cooler here the past several days, so I'm definitely ready to throw on a pot of soup. I got an email from MFML a couple of days ago noting that I hadn't logged in recently.

Jackie - Hope the car issues got squared away. I've always wanted to live somewhere that you didn't even need a car.

Hope all is well with Margot.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 08:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis, quick fly by for me as I’m expecting dinner guests shortly....

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s 8 Week WS: Tone & Flow - a lovely high rep/low weight cardio & toning mix with lots of balance work
~Practiced Essentrics standing trademarks sequences & barre work I’ll be teaching on Tues
~headstand practice with my beloved headstand bench
~MFML: Heart Opening Yin

So good to hear from you Cyana & hope November brings you time to stop & catch your breath!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 02:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to chat now that my dinner guests have departed.

Sherry - Ugh, hormonal issues are such a drag! I had a forced menopause at 50 & my biggest issue has always been sleep. It’s a bit better lately & the herbal sleep aid I take 2 or 3 times a week does help a lot. I’ve never had hot flashes but I can’t wear heavy long sleeved sweaters unless it’s a cardigan I can take off. I get what I call warm flashes, lol. I gravitate towards 3/4 length sleeves in the winter.

Jackie - Hope things have settled down for you!

Laura - I’m not familiar with horse face pose either, it looks challenging!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-04-19, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Just stopped in to say hi, I really didn't get any activity in all weekend. I'm still glowing from the training, she did such a good job with it. Yesterday we saw a screening of the original Godzilla in Japanese. I've never seen it on the big screen, and was as wide eyed as a child and even jumped a few times. I'm excited over the Godzilla 65th anniversary things going on - he was TCM's Monster of the Month in October. Love me some Kaiju.

Cyana it's good to see you! Brussels sprouts on the stalk are so much better, aren't they?

Pam it sounds like you're loving the headstand bench. I've developed a close relationship with the inversion table. While vacuuming yesterday I took several inversion breaks, such relief. Like a home chiropractor.

Laura I've never seen horse face pose either, it does look advanced. Did you put extra padding under your knees?

Sherry your Body Combat sounds fun. Stinkin' calories, why won't they burn the way we feel them burning.

Jackie good luck with your issues, I hope things work out.

Have a great Moan Day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 01:11 PM  
sherry7899

This morning I did an hour of Soul Sweat and Yoga Upload morning yoga stretch something Her titles sound alike sometimes. I need to do more standing flow yoga, but I'm too tired after an hour of cardio. I should try that later in the day, but sometimes when I push it off I don't do it at all. I figure stretchy floor yoga is beneficial also.

Tomorrow will either be a total rest day since I did cardio three days in a row, or I might try Yoga Upload's 45 Yin Yoga with no props. I need a good stretch.

I need to get back to weights again, but my back/shoulders have been kind of sore lately and I'm afraid to use them. I figure body weight yoga sort of counts for strength work.

Cyana-good to see you!! We may head to Trader Joe's this week. I think the pumpkin stuff may be done. I will cautiously buy ONE box of chocolate covered peppermint JoJo's. I had acid reflux last year and skipped them. I am pretty much healed, but have not tried peppermint. My DH and son hate peppermint, so I am the only one who eats them.

Pat-I really thought kickboxing would burn more calories than dance, but you do spend more time standing in one place for kickboxing, so I guess it makes sense. It doesn't matter-it is all cardio and good for me!

I am glad you had some time to relax and get in beach walks.

Pam, I love soup season! I made Skinnytaste's Loaded Baked Potato Soup last night. I skipped the fresh chives since the ones I bought tasted off. I just had a few strips of Trader Joe's organic turkey bacon that I chopped up and added. I had them left over from Sunday breakfast. We rarely eat turkey bacon. I don't like using bacon bits since they're basically a bunch of chemicals.

I may make lasagna soup with sweet Italian turkey sausage later this week.
I skip the cheese-it has enough flavor without it.

I can't do the herbal sleep remedies. They give me horrible nightmares!

Thanks, Laura! I am dreading hot flashes.

Hugs to you, Jackie!

I hope Margot and Donna are okay.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~20 min freestyle rebounding watching Netflix
~Essentrics Precho 10: trademarks & floor work in preparation for tomorrow’s class
~Barlates Kettlebell HIIT: Lower Body - Trying to keep up a glute focus, might feel this one tomorrow! It was good though, nice pace, and I made a few minor mods to protect my low back.
~headstand practice
~MFML: Soothe into the Evening - a lovely yin class all done at the wall

Pat - Glad your Reiki went well & left you with an afterglow! Can’t say I’ve ever been a big Godzilla fan, lol, enjoy the anniversary festivities! Inversions just feel good don’t they.....whether it’s legs up the wall, an inversion table, or headstand....

Sherry - Yes soup season is here! My favorite new one is stuffed pepper soup in the IP. I made so much soup when I had all my houseguests, a good way to feed a crowd & clean out the fridge.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-06-19, 12:02 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics
~15 min freestyle rebounding
~3 km walk
~Headstand practice
~MFML: Twilight Yinyasa - This is a favorite, a slow flowing seated & reclined stretch with a yin feel.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-06-19, 08:22 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Ugh I am having a difficult week and it's only Wednesday. I backed into a robotic's kids' car on Monday, and last night my daughter burned her hands with a hot glue gun. I don't know....it's GOT to get better here.

Last night, I went to a barre class in a little town about 15 miles from me. Honestly, it was awful. I don't know what this instructor was doing, but it wasn't barre. It started on the floor with I'm not sure what. Yoga type pilates. It wasn't Barre3 fusion or Suzann Bowen and this gal was just an awful instructor. No intro, no explanations, no modifications, didn't establish eye contact, couldn't count or keep time with the music. Quite possibly the worst class I've ever been to. I guess that is what you get in small town Minnesota.

I teach my aging backwards style class this morning.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Whew I finally got back to working out after a three day hiatus:

~ Daily Burn Ten Minute Tone program - Legs & Glutes 1 and Chest & Triceps 1
~ Sarah Beth 20 Minute Yin Yoga for Relaxation

The yin was super gentle and mostly a nice 4/3/5 breath and then a lovely healing guided relaxation.

Jackie, oh my goodness I hope your DD is okay, that sounds painful. The barre class sounds awful and you really needed the fender bender. Yikes! What's going on?

Pam - Twilight Vinyasa sounds like a good one for your fireplace.

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote