Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-19, 08:03 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Yes, I'm still doing it despite the drama. Today they actually loaded a new one. Unfortunately when they loaded it they messed up the music so when I did it, it lacked music, so I was thinking they were now leaving off the music. But apparently that was a mess up and they later fixed it. Bad timing for a mess up, though. I liked the workout, but it was more of a stretch one and others were mad it was too easy. The barre3 world is now very testy and angry. They really changed the mood there in quite a short time. Quite a lesson in how not to run a company. We'll see how things change.

Cynthia, how was your trip?

Cheryl 1, are you pretty much recovered now?

Cheryl 2, sounds like you still need time for recovery, so just be patient with it.

Diana, you are a good example of how not to shop. I am trying to cut back -- really I have plenty and just need to enjoy and use what I have and not be so wasteful in buying more.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:36 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with three longer Blogilates butt and thigh workouts. Glad to get these in and am easing back in slowly.

Lynn, I am getting better but still having some issues. The coughing just sticks around and gets bad if I do anything too strenuous. But it's nice to be working out again!

Cheryl 2, I don't do the Secret Santa thing. I think it would stress me out too because I don't know the recipient. I love buying gifts and trying to come up with the thing the person would most like, even if they might not realize it themselves. I think I do pretty well with that most of the time. Or it's easy to buy blindly for an unknown recipient, like for a toy drive. But I think this, where you know a little about the person but not much, would be hard.

Cynthia, you are getting a lot of dancing in! Is it more busy seasonally?

Diana, DH just told me he was inspired to walk by an interview he read with Tim McGraw. I guess Tim realized he had let things go to far, so he walked for a month, then jogged 20 minutes for a month, then started going to the gym. And he changed his diet but nothing crazy, over time. So that's what DH is doing. Today he started only eating/drinking between 11-8. We'll see how he does. This is all his thing; I have nothing to do with it. We just found out that Tim has a new book out today about his health and fitness changes, so I ordered it from the library because DH wants to check it out. Wherever the inspiration comes from is good!

Lynn, glad you liked the workout. I hope Barre3 can redeem themselves. The tide of social media can be merciless and they obviously had a good, helpful thing going.

Cheryl
Old 11-04-19, 09:00 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I like the combo I did today. I have done it several times now.

Check-In: Jessica Smith
~15 Minute Standing Cardio Strength w/5's
~11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's
~12 Minute Arms & Abs Circuit Walk w/5's
~1 Mile Express Abs Walk

Seabliss I totally agree about inspiration. Sometimes DH will find something online that's almost earth shattering for him. He tells me about it and I had already told him about it. But obviously what I said or the way I said it didn't have the same effect on him as what he saw online.

Have a Blessed Evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 07:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Anyone else struggling with the fact that we already have a post about Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals? LOL

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-05-19, 12:29 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Cynthia, you are getting a lot of dancing in! Is it more busy seasonally?
Cheryl
No, my local organization has regular dances twice a month and the Foggy Moon weekend in the fall. Other places have weekends too. I like Balance the Bay in San Francisco in August -- didn't go this year b/c of opera rehearsals, Harvest Moon in Santa Barbara in October, Contra Carnivale in San Luis Obispo in January; and my only out-of-state, Raindance in Portland in April. I know lots of dancers who frequently go all over the country, every month or more. My next event will be the one-evening No Snow Ball in Oakland in December. And then New Year's Eve in Palo Alto.

Men are so funny. They'll do something only if it's their idea. Glad something clicked for your DH.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 12:47 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

[n Francisco in August -- didn't go this

Men are so funny. They'll do something only if it's their idea. Glad something clicked for your DH.[/QUOTE]

I was told by a wise woman, we have to make them think it was their idea. I still don’t know how to do that effectively. She was very good with her husband. I’ve gone through 3 and still I don’t get it. But I believe I was suppose to be single. Another thing I wish I knew.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 12:56 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
Cynthia, how was your trip?
Fabulous! Nice hotel. I got a free upgrade to the penthouse. I wanted to live there! I could get used to luxury. The smaller bathroom had a shower stall that functioned as a steam cabinet. Fun to try. There were laundry machines in a closet. I laughed merrily when I was shown them, but did do a load after I bought a washable sweater in a thrift store. I'll buy used clothes but feel the need to clean them before I put them on. It's a pink cotton cable knit hoodie style, Tommy Hilfiger label for $5. I had a gas-burning fireplace that clicked on & off with a remote control. And a spectacular view.

The hotel did have a semi-hidden elevator presumably for ADA compliance. There were stairs and more stairs; the penthouse had stairs. The town is hilly. That was my only exercise all week.

We knitted in the mornings and had afternoons free. It was beautiful and the weather, amazingly, was sunny the whole week. Low 50*s. I checked the yarn shops and thrift stores. Had a massage at a local spa. Took a ferry ride around the islands.

Meals were catered, with local ingredients. I noticed that each day there were beans or legumes, and prunes in the chicken dinner once. Good idea since we were sitting and knitting a lot of the time.

The knitting room was available after dinner but I couldn't wait to get back to my penthouse for a hot bath and knit by the fireplace.

As I had expected, most of the group, that is, everyone but me, were master knitters. They were all wearing things they had knitted: socks, sweaters, wraps, scarves, hats. I had my hat (same pattern as your Germany hat) in a gray-pink tweed. My first project was the same hat pattern in blue (I found the yarn I liked, in the drugstore; limited color choice). I made it as a present for the airport's hospitality lady who gave me a ride to the hotel. She complimented my hat, which I was wearing. (The hotel people mistakenly believed that I was arriving in a float plane and were waiting at the dock. I was in a wheel plane which landed in the little airport; which goes to explain the upgrade.) I gave the hat to her when I saw her at the airport on Friday; she was delighted. I also knitted a doll vest. The featured project, not mandatory, was a vest in the leader's new design, which I didn't like and knew I would never wear. But since she also provided a dollsize pattern, I went for that. The doll won't complain.

2 people asked me for that hat pattern!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-19, 03:49 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with 2 shorter Fitness Blender upper body strength workouts, and a 2.2 mile walk around a lake. DH took me along on his lake walk for the first time! It really is nice. It's not the lake in our community but very nearby. Almost all soft, smooth path under the trees, right next to the lake.

When I got done, I saw that my phone had (as usual) under-credited me for the miles. It counted 1.9. I did some research and discovered I seem to have a longer-than-usual stride for my height. So I adjusted the stride to a person a couple of inches taller than me. That helped bring the mileage closer in line.

Yes, you are all right that men have to come up with the idea on their own! Diana, my DH does exactly the same thing. Something that goes right past him when I say it will stick when he gets it from another source. But also, I think the man has to be mentally decided that he wants to do something. DH had to really be ready to make a change. He also likes to find things other people do and use that as a template if it seems like it will work for him (not just in fitness; in a lot of things). So I'm glad he was ready and he found something he can work with.

Cynthia, your vacation sounds like it was lovely. So glad you got to have those experiences!

Cheryl
Old 11-05-19, 04:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Seabliss
I also have a longer stride, so my steps are usually less but higher miles.

Check-In: TJ Cardio Party 1

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-05-19, 08:16 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Smile

Yes I will continue to believe I’m still in Recovery Cheryl. I also am feeling this is how you change. It hurts. When I look at older people I say, now when did all this happen? Lol. Now I see.

The secret Santa is fun because you get a list like you do when you make a wedding registry. So, I get to pick from their list and I won’t go wrong.

I did aeropilates beginner and so far so good. I’m not singing it’s praise but it sure does feel good, so far. .

Cleared some space from my sewing room that will now be my cave . I’ll only come out to feed, sleep, eat and go potty. lol. Oh ya, and volunteer at the Y which causes me to exercise more.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote