Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-19, 01:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Taking my time. I did Back to Basics,slowly, had time to play with cords to see what felt better

I was able to do elephant with 2 black cords

Walking:?30 reps on 2 black cords
Hug a tree 1 black
10 reps of the 100 with head up

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 02:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Nothing to report for yesterday and today.

Tooth pain sucked the life out of me and left me irate and not wanting to work out. I went to the endodontist this morning and I finally found out what was the cause of the pain. My unerupted wisdom tooth is just fine but the tooth next to it that I previously had root canal on was the problem. So, this morning I had a retreatment of a root canal. So far so good, no pain. I'm relieved that this will be (hopefully) the end of that. I'm not very good about waiting for anything....just tell me what the problem is, what I need to do to fix it, and let's do it now. Yeah, it was very expensive morning despite me having dental insurance.

I'm couple of days behind in ePilates challenge, but I will catch up by the end of this week. Oh, I still feel my abs after doing Day 1 Abs on Sunday.

Waves to all!
Old 11-19-19, 03:06 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Pilates Nest Day 2: Strength & Balance

For anyone interested in yet another streaming site, I heard the "Gone Adventuring Pilates" site will be offering streaming classes after the current 10 day challenge is over.

Dana, I'm glad your tooth feels better!

Cheryl, I love brownies with walnuts!

Linda, I'm with you, I don't snub many desserts.

Carol, I hope you finally got some answers today!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 09:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today Cardio Coach Vol. 2, and Tamilee beginner stretch standing and sitting stretch sequences.

Cheryl experimenting with the cords sounds fun!

Dana you handle the retreatment of a root canal pretty matter of factly. I'm a big baby. I'd have whined on for a while if it were me..lol. I'm sure it was expensive but glad you know what the source of pain was.

Christine how does anyone keep up with streaming possibilities?

Carol, I echo Christine's hope that you get an answer re: your neck.

Donna outdoor walks are a no go right now in this weather for me. I do enjoy them though.

Sending well wishes to Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 07:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Leslie Sansone - Walk 15: 4 Mile Walk - Mile 1 - 15 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Retreat: Day 2 Balance & Strength - 15 minutes

A fast-paced mile from Leslie's group along with a workout that challenged my balance from Smriti. Too bad I'm so out of shape that the Leslie mile left me winded! Good grief, what is this world coming to??

Dana - so sorry about your tooth issues. I'm cringing as I type this.

Good workouts Linda, Christine, Donna, Cheri and Cheryl. And what a diverse group of workouts - we have so many choices these days it can be overwhelming just deciding what to do!

Another day with no neck news ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat Day # 2

Both were good workouts. I may consider subscribing to Pilates Nest again. I like the workouts - she tends to do full body vs. "parts" and that is my preferred way to workout.

I also walked at work yesterday.

Dana - ugh and double ugh!

Christine - yikes, a new site!! I can't decide what I want to do/keep. I will definitely keep Ellen's streaming it is very reasonably priced and I always enjoy her workouts. It isn't 100% worth it for me as I own all of her DVDs, but she is adding new content regularly....and it is not expensive. I like Blessful Body - but not sure how much I will end up using it. I really am enjoying the PN challenge this week....ePilates, I only did one workout and while it was good - I tend to prefer to do full body vs. parts. I have Jessica Valent still - and i may renew her for another year b/c if nothing else, it provides a framework for me to get exercise in when things are busy and I suspect that for the foreseeable future I'm going to be time crunched and stressed and worried....(just a lot on my plate right now with my family....extended and immediate....)

Carol - I know, LOL! I am not pleased with myself for losing some of my strength and cardio capacity but I just can't bring myself to do more than I'm doing right now...so someday, hopefully, I'll get back to doing a few more intense workouts a week....we'll see.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 09:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk- 42m. Mile 2 was taught by Mary Kay.
ePilates Day 2 Glutes - 16m. I really like Emma. Glute moves were known to me but the execution was low key, no gazillion reps and workout was effective and zero dread. I ike her style of instruction.

No pain at all after root canal retreatment yesterday! Yay! Gotta run. Waves to all!
Old 11-20-19, 02:59 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: 30 min walk/read
Monday: 30 min walk/read
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: JS Strictly Strength

Last week was a bit of a struggle with endometriosis stuff going on so I didn't work out much. I'm also fighting the coming pressures of the holidays. I say every year that I'll keep it simple and I do in many ways. But it's the Boy Scouts biggest fundraising time selling Christmas wreaths at craft fairs weekend after weekend. And my mom is turning 80 on Dec 7 and my brother plans to have a party for her across the state... of course I want to be there. It's all good stuff but it all adds up!

Linda, thanks for the well wishes! You and my mom share a name.

Waves to everybody!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 03:04 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Linda

I am backing away from chocolate. I think it's part of my reflux. I'm going to tackle dropping acids.. So, sure there is a lot I may not have but I'm now open to new foods.

I enjoy enjoy that I''m still happy using the reformer.

I did the stretch dvd that came with it. those cords make it so much more doable. I go just enough to feel it and when I do that, it doesn't hurt.

I can't wait to see what I check in about in December.. I bet it's going to be using my reformer.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 03:19 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Pilates Nest Day 3: Stretch & Sooth

This challenge has been perfect for me. I'm really low on energy this week. I noticed Smriti was wearing a microphone pack or something on her side. The videos are definitely much clearer.

Cheryl, good for you! When you find something you really enjoy, it helps with consistency.

Brenda, hugs and prayers for everything coming up! It's defintely a busy time of year.

Dana, I'm glad you're really liking Emma! Hooray for no tooth pain.

Donna, I know! So much to choose from. I really love the Shaped by Faith workouts, and those are free, so I plan to stick with those. I just wish she had some shorter, gentler workouts. I'd love to re-join Robin's site, and I do love Smriti's workouts, but I don't think I can afford another monthly fee at this time. We shall see! Definitely stick with whatever will help you through this season. Continued prayers!

Carol, it can definitely get overwhelming! It helps to know what you like, and who you click with. At least that narrows it down.

Linda, I agree with you! It gets to be too much. I don't particularly click with the Gone Adventuring Pilates instructor, so I can cross that one off my list, lol.

Cheri, I'm really liking Smriti's challenge!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote