Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-19, 11:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think the back was just a bad sleeping problem, because it's fine now -- fortunately!! Today I detoured, just a bit, and tried one of my "new" Joyce dvd's -- I got the Cardio Interval one -- whatever she calls it. It's sort of just a steady state cardio -- the lower body work she does is sort of like kickboxing moves for the most part. I must say, I was feeling a bit sore tonight, but I'm guessing it's more from yesterday's lower body workout than this morning's mostly cardio. It was fun seeing her personality for the first time. I can see how she might be a bit much after a while, but it was amusing this morning.
Old 11-20-19, 06:18 AM  
Anny

Glad to hear your back feels better bee.

I have one Joyce DVD (Fat burning and the Bathing Suit workout) and Joyce is pretty funny in those workouts. Call the police! She says at one stage.

Tonight was a yoga night. Back to Joyce tomorrow.
Old 11-20-19, 10:15 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did the Insanity from Fat Burning upper. I'm going to try to get in the lower tonight, but if not, I've been walking during lunch.

bee, I'm glad your back is better.

~Beth
ealakey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 10:38 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks you guys! Yes, I'm glad it wasn't anything that stuck around!

This morning I did Fat Burning upper body, and I got the counts all messed up. I was doing 15, 10, 8 for some of my sets. Oh well!
Old 11-21-19, 02:34 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
This morning I did Fat Burning upper body, and I got the counts all messed up. I was doing 15, 10, 8 for some of my sets. Oh well!
Lol! I find it is sometimes easy to go on auto pilot with Joyce's paper workouts and then I forget where I am in the reps or sets.
Old 11-23-19, 11:38 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Weekend! Thursday I did lower body from Fat Burning. I may be starting to develop a slight bit of dread there -- may have to shake things up. Friday I did upper body again and then hiked seven miles with my friend in the redwoods -- so nice! Last night I went to see "Steel Magnolias" in play format and didn't get home until way past my bedtime so I slept in this morning, a bit. Will try to be active throughout the day with chores and maybe a walk or bike ride.
Old 11-23-19, 07:56 PM  
Anny

I decided to mix it up a little and do the upper body plus back for the Definition book. I know last time I did mostly Joyce I found it good to mix things up.

Today I will do the lower body from Definition.
Old 11-24-19, 10:55 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

My girls are in from college so this week will definitely be hit or miss. I ordered the Bone Building book to add to my collection. I think my family will be doing quite a bit of walking this week, and we have a winter storm rolling in some time this week.

~Beth
ealakey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-19, 11:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Well Anny, I was glad to see your comment about mixing it up because it convinced me to try a video for lower body today. I thought I had Definition and was going to try that, but I forgot I didn't order that dvd since I had the book coming. I did Bottoms Up Gold, but stopped at the Back & Calves section. I just felt done. I really liked having a video again -- it's been fun to listen to music or a good book while doing the paper workouts -- options are always good. And I liked that it was was different exercises for a change. At one point Joyce says "Ok, we're done with that superset" but I heard "ok, we're done with that stupid set."

Beth, you must be so excited to have your girls home!! Enjoy that, and enjoy some time outside while you can. Yesterday was gorgeous and I had a nice walk by myself. In a bit I'm going to walk with a neighbor friend.
Old 11-25-19, 02:59 AM  
Anny

I also did some walking today and on the weekend. It must be the time for it!

Tonight I did Definition Upper Body plus back. It just seems weird to me to have back exercises with the lower body.