Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-19, 04:01 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I went to do one of my favorited workouts this morning. I assumed it would be there since it really wasn't that old, but it was not.

FYI, b3 magazine came out and the following article addresses why workouts were taken down: https://blog.barre3.com/2019/10/17/w...ways-evolving/

The scorched earth approach they took still seems a little ridiculous to me, but at least they provided some insight as to why they did it.
I read the article and am curious to know where their science is coming from. As with any exercise, it's important to practice good form and modify for your own situation. I still do ab crunches but I use a squishy ball to support my lower back. I definitely lift weights overhead but I now use moderate weight. I'm really sad they removed so many videos.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 05:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I went to do one of my favorited workouts this morning. I assumed it would be there since it really wasn't that old, but it was not.

FYI, b3 magazine came out and the following article addresses why workouts were taken down: https://blog.barre3.com/2019/10/17/w...ways-evolving/

The scorched earth approach they took still seems a little ridiculous to me, but at least they provided some insight as to why they did it.
I read this article and didn’t feel like I knew any more about why they removed workouts than I did before I read the article. I need specifics to be able to understand why they did it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 05:46 PM  
alisoncooks

I'm not really invested in this since I don't use Barre3...but I'm just wondering at how they're rebranding themselves. I liked Sadie's personality, in the early videos. They - as a brand - felt good and encompassing.

Just now, I peeked at the site and almost fell into the shop page with lululemon. I just feel icky about a site that spouts Authenticity, yet hawks $100 leggings. I mean, in general barre brands tend to lean upper class/privileged. No surprise there...but it doesn't seem to jive with the message Barre3 is forcing.

***I'm sure none of the above makes sense - I'm a lil' sick and foggy headed.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 06:04 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post
I read the article and am curious to know where their science is coming from. As with any exercise, it's important to practice good form and modify for your own situation. I still do ab crunches but I use a squishy ball to support my lower back. I definitely lift weights overhead but I now use moderate weight. I'm really sad they removed so many videos.

~Beth
That's what I thought--I wish they had cited the studies. I know most people aren't interested in nerding out about that kind of thing, but I am. Even so, I do not think it would be dangerous to have kept those workouts up. If they really felt they needed to take them down, they should have had a series of at least 10 new workouts to publish with the new site launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I read this article and didn’t feel like I knew any more about why they removed workouts than I did before I read the article. I need specifics to be able to understand why they did it.

Carol
If you click through to the link about core work, it details their new philosophy. They explain what they did before and how they're doing things differently now (in summary, they are stabilizing the spine and moving the limbs to create resistance, rather than crunching the spine.)
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 07:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
That's what I thought--I wish they had cited the studies. I know most people aren't interested in nerding out about that kind of thing, but I am. Even so, I do not think it would be dangerous to have kept those workouts up. If they really felt they needed to take them down, they should have had a series of at least 10 new workouts to publish with the new site launch.

If you click through to the link about core work, it details their new philosophy. They explain what they did before and how they're doing things differently now (in summary, they are stabilizing the spine and moving the limbs to create resistance, rather than crunching the spine.)
Thanks for that clarification! The entire article just seemed like double speak, but that makes more sense.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-19, 06:06 AM  
lizr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post

Just now, I peeked at the site and almost fell into the shop page with lululemon. I just feel icky about a site that spouts Authenticity, yet hawks $100 leggings. I mean, in general barre brands tend to lean upper class/privileged. No surprise there...but it doesn't seem to jive with the message Barre3 is forcing.

***I'm sure none of the above makes sense - I'm a lil' sick and foggy headed.
I scratched my head when they started their relationship w/ Lululemon. It's a company not really known for their body positivity unless you are a size 12 or below.

Also sad to hear Dino left- I liked his workouts. Thanks for the link to his new place.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-19, 11:41 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizr View Post
I'm curious about what next week's will be like. That might give us a good indication of how they plan to move forward.
I just did this week's video. So thankful the instructor was my fave--Christa Joy. It was just a good, normal barre3 video. Thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm still irked with barre3, but I'm glad they are still putting out their usual fare.

I also subscribed to bar method online using the $3 coupon. It will be nice for a change. I need to go mark my calendar to cancel so I don't get charged for another month.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 06:37 AM  
lizr

I like B3 workouts bcs they incorporate large range and small movements- it's not 30 min of 'down and inch up an inch'. Does Ballet Physique offer something similar? I have a $3 bar method coupon so I might try that too.
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 07:01 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
It's like you're getting less for the same high price.
So in effect they've raised their price, like when products remain the same price while the packaging decreases in size.

ETA - didn't realize this thread was started days ago not did I read thru it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 09:04 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
For those that have cancelled - do you lose access immediately?
I still have access through November - I was an annual subscriber so the timing of this has worked out perfectly.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming