Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-19, 09:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
When a friend of mine turned 60 she made a list of 60 things to do in her 60th year. She started right after her birthday and took most of the year to get through the list. It was all kinds of things she hadn’t done before.....specific hikes, activity/exercise goals like swimming 60 lengths of a pool, books, artsy stuff, food/restaurants, movies, travel, things she was always afraid to try like this huge suspension bridge in Vancouver, and the list goes on.... I did several with her, it was a lot of fun. She wrote a blog about it.
I love this idea!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 09:48 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I love this idea!
Also can be done as a New Years’s Resolution. 20 things this year for 2020. That’s my plan 😁.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 10:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Also can be done as a New Years’s Resolution. 20 things this year for 2020. That’s my plan 😁.
Nice! I'll have to ponder it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 08:46 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
That's a good one!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 09:32 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
When a friend of mine turned 60 she made a list of 60 things to do in her 60th year. She started right after her birthday and took most of the year to get through the list. It was all kinds of things she hadn’t done before.....specific hikes, activity/exercise goals like swimming 60 lengths of a pool, books, artsy stuff, food/restaurants, movies, travel, things she was always afraid to try like this huge suspension bridge in Vancouver, and the list goes on.... I did several with her, it was a lot of fun. She wrote a blog about it.
Pam, would you mind sharing your friend's blog? Maybe I can find it if I search, but seeing as how 60 is on the not as distant as it used to be horizon, I started mentally trying to put together a list of 60 things and I only came up with a handful so far (granted, I wasn't fully awake -- just waking up). I'm sure a bunch of her things had to do with local ideas, but it may spark something that's local for me. Thanks!
Old 09-24-19, 06:58 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I love this idea!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 10:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Pam, would you mind sharing your friend's blog? Maybe I can find it if I search, but seeing as how 60 is on the not as distant as it used to be horizon, I started mentally trying to put together a list of 60 things and I only came up with a handful so far (granted, I wasn't fully awake -- just waking up). I'm sure a bunch of her things had to do with local ideas, but it may spark something that's local for me. Thanks!
Unfortunately she took it down, she turns 64 this year. I know a lot of the list was activity related.....hikes, walks, cycling, swimming. Some were food related....cooking, baking, dining out. Others were artsy....museums, art galleries, painting classes, reading certain authors or books. A few were travel related.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 10:49 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

How about 40 things you love about your life, 40 ways your fitness level enables you to do what you love or enjoy the people you love?

Since I have struggled with injuries in my 40s, I no longer set fitness goals, per se. I find them too discouraging. As I'm getting older, I have had to accept that I am probably not going to be setting any personal best records, and that's ok. I was very fit in my 20s and 30s, so any idea of "I'll be in the best shape of my life in my 50s' is not realistic. I'm grateful for that because I've been pretty fit all my adult life! So I now try to focus on mobility, exercising for enjoyment, appreciating the benefits that exercise brings to my life, instead of exercise for the sake of exercise... if that makes sense!

A very happy birthday to you, Alison! You've always been a delightful presence on this board!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 11:30 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Unfortunately she took it down, she turns 64 this year. I know a lot of the list was activity related.....hikes, walks, cycling, swimming. Some were food related....cooking, baking, dining out. Others were artsy....museums, art galleries, painting classes, reading certain authors or books. A few were travel related.
Ah, ok -- thanks for the ideas! I should start with categories maybe. I have a couple of years to work on it.
Old 09-25-19, 01:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
How about 40 things you love about your life, 40 ways your fitness level enables you to do what you love or enjoy the people you love?

Since I have struggled with injuries in my 40s, I no longer set fitness goals, per se. I find them too discouraging. As I'm getting older, I have had to accept that I am probably not going to be setting any personal best records, and that's ok. I was very fit in my 20s and 30s, so any idea of "I'll be in the best shape of my life in my 50s' is not realistic. I'm grateful for that because I've been pretty fit all my adult life! So I now try to focus on mobility, exercising for enjoyment, appreciating the benefits that exercise brings to my life, instead of exercise for the sake of exercise... if that makes sense!

A very happy birthday to you, Alison! You've always been a delightful presence on this board!
Thank you!
And I totally get what you're saying! My most recent purchases are rehab-focused systems and stretch/mobility stuff (dealing with some joint issues). I hold no illusions about my fitness -- I've been telling my daughters that I lift weights so that (hopefully) I'll be able to lift myself off the potty for many more years. (To which my 13 yr Old says..."um...okay...tmi" )

ETA: but I still would like to be able to do a push-up.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals