Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-20, 10:14 PM  
Tammie M

Hi all! Here are my latest workouts. I tried to avoid catching DH's respiratory virus but ended up with a mild case of it. At least I avoided the more severe part of it. Today I talked to a friend living in a different part of Texas and his wife sounds like she has a similar disease. It is apparently going around the state. I switched my rotation from Linda to Ellen because I couldn't handle Linda's intensity. I still have an occasion lingering cough but I think it's on the way out.

Friday (1/10) - Fit by Tracey Circuit Zone
Saturday (1/11) - Barlates Bounce Express Series: Jacks + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1003
Sunday (1/12) - Ellen Barret Crunch Super Slimdown + Classical Stretch Season 10: 1004
Monday (1/13) - Ellen Barret Crunch Burn & Firm
Tuesday (1/14) - rest
Wednesday (1/15) - Ellen Barrett Crunch Fat Burning Pilates
Thursday (1/16) - Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion: Flow Cardio + Ellen Barrett Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates - Belly
Friday (1/17) - Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion: Fusion Strength + Ellen Barrett Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates - Total Body Bonus

SB, it sounds like you are enjoying SBF's challenge. I'm glad you found a site and a rotation that you really like. Are the workouts all around 30 minutes? Good job maintaining your walking.

Penguin, I hope things went well with the doctor visit.

Nora, have fun in Mexico! I did recover from the DOMS and then the virus hit. Oh well, I needed a Linda break.

Cambet, I also like the easy logging with Lose It! We had a "free" steak dinner one week. (We had to listen to a sales presentation for the "free" dinner.) I went way over my daily limit and I had no alcohol. I was under for the rest of the week so I like that it tracks more on a weekly basis. Good job with your workouts.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 11:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was very cold, in the mid 20s, and I just wasn't up for walking in that cold. But I did SBF Day 4, Upper Core 2. Suzanne sure loves planks but it's good for me. They are expecting a snow event today and I'm scheduled for work so I doubt I'll walk. I will try to fit in day 5 of the SBF challenge before I go to work, if I go. I'll have to see how much snow they're predicting.

TAMMIE, nice workout week. Sorry about the virus but at least it wasn't too bad or lingering. Ellen is always a good choice when you don't want to work too intensely. I'm having no dread at all with SBF which is rare for me. Hopefully I can keep going with this rotation. The workouts are all around 25 to 30 minutes which is great. It leaves room for walks or other add ons if I want.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday we got about 2 or 3 inches of snow but it happened in the afternoon and they called and told me I could stay home since I guess they weren't expecting much business. The roads were slippery and messy. So I did Day 5 and Day 6 of SBF's challenge. Day 5 was a lower body barre workout and Day 6 was just a 10 minute plank workout so I did that too since I usually don't workout on Sunday, I have a double shift. As much as I'm enjoying SBF, I do miss my other workouts, such as pilates and weight work. I'm going to continue with SBF but maybe sub out for pilates or weights once in a while too. I'm just not an exclusive rotation type of person.

It's been quiet here lately, I hope everyone is well.

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-20-20, 08:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I feel like I haven't been here in forever.

Hubby has a job interview tomorrow which we are hoping he gets because this would be his dream job! He's been spending a lot of time on the computer looking/applying for jobs.

Its really cold here, supposed to get into the teens tonight! Yuck! Yesterday I spent some time in my sewing room and got very cold, usually I'm hot in there. We decided to get a curtain and rod to cover up the extended hole from the washer/dryer install and that has helped. One of the outside walls isn't insulated very well {I thought I was going to have to write 'fluffy stuff' and let you guys figure out what I meant. I couldn't remember the name}. Gah!

I did a Jenny Ford walking workout. I don't think that was her leading but it was very beginner and we kept repeating the same few steps. Not very fun. I added on one of Nadyia's miles from Walk At Home. I'm really enjoying these workouts.

Tammie, the Dr office called as said I was stable and keep up the good work. Yay

SB, always nice to have a day off. My advice is to schedule some time apart. Since I don't drive I can't leave, so I have to wait for him to go which is compounding the problem. My Tuesday Bible study starts tomorrow so that will give us more time apart and me more time away from home. I think that will help a lot.

Nora, I hope you have a wonderful time! Sounds warm!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 10:35 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Didn't mean to go missing. The trip to Alabama was super interesting, but it totally wore me out because we were constantly on the go. I guess I don't bounce back as fast as I used to.

Here are my workouts over the last while:

Saturday - Feeling like doing something different, I did CIZE: In the Pocket and Country Heat Cardio Round Up. I forgot that CIZE has that blonde chick who gets too much screen time who gives off a sex kitten vibe (insert eye roll). I literally taped a piece of paper on the screen over where she was to not have to see her constantly.

Sunday - JS 1 Mile of Motivation from WS3.

Monday - Parts of LS BodyJam Vo. 2 and 3 throughout the day to reach 250 steps every hour.

Today - I had planned to do a short walking workout last night, but fell asleep. So, this morning I did CH: Dance Mash Up and JS 10 Min Powered Up Walk.

SB - Good job getting in your walks in spite of the weather. It's cold here, in the 30s, so I imagine that it's much worse in your neck of the woods. I hope that you continue to enjoy SBF streaming. I know that you tend not to be a set rotation kind of gal , so, I imagine that you'll be mixing it up!

Penguin - I hope that things work out well with your hubby's job search! Good job with your workout and so glad to hear that the Dr's office called with a good report.

Tammie - I hope that you continue to feel better. Ellen is a good choice! I keep wanting to primarily do cardio, but if I could get myself to do something gentler/different, I'd probably go with Ellen.

Nora - Enjoy Mexico!

Waves to All:
Old 01-21-20, 10:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I always have a hard time working out on Mondays, I'm usually wiped out and achey from work on the weekend. It was also very cold, highs in the 20s, so I couldn't face an outdoor walk. I tried SBF's Day 7 workout, it was a meditation affirmation which was just laying on the floor with a blank screen on the tv while Suzanne occasionally told us to breathe and relax. Nope. Couldn't do it. I looked at a couple of her other workouts but decided to just go with 10 MS Rapid Results Pilates, waist trimmer and slim & sleek stretch segments. Perfect for how I was feeling yesterday. Today is supposed to get into the low 30s so I'll see how it feels this afternoon and then decide if I can face an outdoor walk or not. I think I'll continue with SBF's Day 8 workout hopefully.

PENGUIN, glad you found a walking routine you liked. Good luck to hubby on the job interview! Yes I definitely plan on separate activities when DH does finally decide to retire. Aside from my working 2 days, I do love outdoor walking, which I'll do more of when the weather improves in a couple of months. DH is also planning on continuing to work a couple of days too. Ideally we'll both be working on different days so it should work out .

CAMBET, nice job with the cardio workouts. I wish I could enjoy indoor cardio workouts but I just don't, unless they are mixed with a lot of weight work. Great solution to avoid the annoying chick in the CIZE workouts. I knew the Alabama trip would be interesting but sorry it wiped you out. I get it though.

Old 01-22-20, 09:34 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

Got up this morning and did JS 10 Minute Happy HIIT Walk. I used my own music and did some of my own moves, just using Jessica as a guide. I'll probably do something else later.

I've been thinking about subscribing to Body Groove for a month to see what I think, cause I feel like I would like some new workouts (even though I'm not exactly working out regularly ), but I'm kind of on the fence. I've been looking at clips and some of her stuff is so unstructured and smooth dancey that I think that I would wonder if it would get my heart rate up enough for me to feel like I'm actually doing something productive. I like the idea of something fun and dancey that's not too hardcore everyday. On the other hand, I don't want to feel like I'm not using my time well with something that's not going to challenge me. Hmmm . . . going to look at more clips later today and decide.

SB - I definitely would not walk with temps in the 20s, and not sure that I could handle the 30s either. I hope you get some decent walking weather soon! I totally understand what you mean about not being able to do the meditation affirmation, especially if that's just not what you had in mind for the day. I can do those things on my own, but am not so good at following others doing them. I think that's because it feels like it should be a more personal thing than having someone tell you what to do. I know that it works for some people, though. Hope you enjoy the next SBJ workout!

Waves to All!
Old 01-22-20, 09:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday didn't get above freezing but I bundled up and went for a 47 minute walk. It felt great!! SBF had another lower body barre workout scheduled for yesterday and I just wasn't feeling it so I did a premix from Bernadette Giorgi's Pilates Power Ball Sculpt. A good choice, I liked it. I also did a burst and some kettlebell swings so a good workout day . I am planning another outdoor walk in the cold today and hopefully SBF. I think I won't follow the challenge exactly and just pick whatever workout in the challenge appeals to me.
I'm pretty sure I won't be re-subscribing for another month after this month is done. It's not her, it's me .

ETA - CAMBET, we were posting at the same time. I've seen clips of the Body Groove workouts and I also wondered if they really gave a challenging enough workout. I'm not a dancer by any means so they're not for me.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-23-20, 09:57 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't get in another workout last night as planned. I got home late (I ended up catching up with a coworker in the office until about 6:30 pm) and though I thought about what workout I might do, I fell asleep before doing it.

So far this morning I got up and did part of LM BodyJam Vol. 2. I'll probably do something else later. I've been working from home but I was more productive when I went in the office yesterday (I had 2 scheduled meetings yesterday, so I wasn't able to work from home). So I think that I'm going to go work in my office. If I don't stay too late, hopefully I'll get in a workout this evening.

SB - Wow, that was a great workout day for you yesterday! Good for you for getting out in the cold temps and getting in a walk. Though you are not going to stick with SBF, at least you got to try it out. I still haven't decided for sure about Body Groove, but I'm leaning towards probably not.

Waves to All!
Old 01-23-20, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 43 minute outdoor walk and a Standing Pilates for Flat Abs workout on Jessica's youtube channel. I wanted to work abs but none of my dvds were calling me so I tried Jessica. I think it actually might get in the 40s today so I'm planning on walking and hopefully more. Some weights maybe?

CAMBET, nice workout so far today. I hope you have another productive day at the office and get home at a decent time.