Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-20, 08:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - April 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy and healthy April to all !!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

From March's thread.

Nora, I saw a meme that read "the cleaning lady called to say she would be working from home until further notice." Frankly, I wouldn't want to go into other peoples homes at this point even if I do know them well, or go there often. I agree there are certain jobs I don't want to do either. I do feel a little bit like a superhero cleaning the house these days. Protecting us from the bad germs

SB, fortunately I did a lot of decluttering last year. The decluttering podcast I listen to said "even if you can't donate right now, storing it in a corner of your garage still counts". Hmm, in this small house, more like leaving it in the middle of the living room, but I see her point. I have a cleaning routine and then there's stuff I only do once in a while, that's the stuff I'm finally getting to these days.

Tammie, I didn't even think that the extended shutdowns would mean a pickup in the hoarding. I've been able to get most everything I've wanted. I've still got a few ab muscles on my right side that are mad at me. I tried to switch scrubbing hands but that didn't work well.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:38 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was nice so we went to a local park, Shelby Forest. We saw a few other cars but most people were keeping their distance. We would drive around until we found a nice empty spot to get out and walk around. We also found a new spot on the lake that we've never seen which was really pretty. So I hope to go back there again.

Stay well

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 09:17 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today: 50 minute walk and STS back and Tris. I started STS with cycle 2 and am now doing cycle 1. She doesn't repeat any sets in this cycle, it seems, so I just skip over exercises that I don't like and make sure to keep the time to 40 min. or less. Working so far.

PP- my cleaner and I agree. I don't want anyone in my house, and she doesn't want to go into anyone's house. But we're meeting up for a walk later this week.

SB - Thanks for starting the new month for us.
Old 04-02-20, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 63 minute walk, most of it with DH. He hung in there a lot longer this time. I also did a couple of segments from 10 MS Tighten & Tone Pilates, and the core pretzel toner from CF Lean & Toned. And a burst after dinner. I am planning another walk today and hopefully more.

PENGUIN, your visit to the park sounds lovely. I do have a book about decluttering by Maria Kondo? I think her name is. We cleaned out my mom's room last fall and brought things to goodwill. But there was still some stuff left I wanted to go over with my sister, pictures and keepsakes. It's just sitting in my living room now since my DD moved into my mom's room last month.
I guess it's just going to have to sit there awhile longer.

NORA, nice workouts. I like how you do Cathe's workouts. I always think I want to do one and then I look at the back of the cover and see all the equipment needed and the time of the workout and I just can't. But I can always skip over things and use the timesaver premixes etc.

Waves to all. Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Old 04-03-20, 08:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 53 minute walk with DH. It was a very windy day but in the upper 50s so it was bearable. I am hoping for a walk today but it's cloudy and they're expecting showers so I'll see how it goes. I also hope to do some weight work too.

Waves to all!!
Old 04-03-20, 07:41 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. I hope all is well!

yesterday: PK Grooves. A dance workout with Petra K. also, a coldish 30 minute walk.
Today: STS Legs and a 50 minute walk.

SB - Yes, it's very freeing to just do Cathe's workouts the way I want to do them! I used to be really anal about doing workouts as laid out, because I felt like a cheater.... but somehow, I'm not that guy anymore!
Old 04-04-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was not a walking day for me, drizzly, damp, some showers, so I did a timesaver premix from Cathe's Step Boss PHA 3 dvd. I followed NORA and did it my way, very freeing indeed. I didn't use the gliding discs so those moves were stationary, I didn't go quite as heavy as Cathe on some moves, and she still kicked my butt! I may have to do this more often . I am planning a walk today and maybe some pilates?

NORA, nice job with your workouts and walks. Just curious since you seem to be walking daily, do you walk in the rain?

Waves to all!!
Old 04-04-20, 08:33 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today was a one hour walk.

SB-I think I've walked pretty much every day for the last three weeks since this isolation thing started. I've only been caught in the rain twice. I would not set out if it's seriously raining though. Good job with the Cathe "your way"! Gotta say my LB has some good DOMS today from that STS thing yesterday!

Jeez - that last sentence sounds like I'm talking in code.
Old 04-05-20, 06:02 AM  
sbh

Hello everybody. I am envious of the workouts you all have done. I have had quite a battle with my back this past week. Still in pain, but not as much as the last couple of days. I did manage a few workouts last week. I am hoping next week will be better.

S-rest
M-Natalya K Low Impact Dance + MR MBOWU Vol 1 Prog A
T-JS 15FFB Power Pickup and Dance Party + MR MBOWU Vol 1 Prog B
W-unplanned rest day
T-Leslie Sansone Adv 3 mile walk + dog walk + MR MBOWU Vol 2 Prog A
F-unplanned rest day

Stay safe and healthy!!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote