Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-31-20, 05:40 PM  
Tammie M

Hi all! Here are my last workouts of the month. It has been a crazy month. Let's hope things will be better next month. It sounds like the next 2 weeks may be rough though.

Saturday (3/29) - Gay Gasper CIA 2810 All Step Cardio
Sunday (3/30) - Barlates Bounce Intervals Series: Up and Down + Classical Stretch Season 6: 609
Monday (3/31) - Keli Roberts CIA 2303 Step It Strong

SB, nice walking and dvd workouts. You are in a virus hot spot right now. Hopefully the wallking helps your mental health also. We have had some rain but our weather has been nice. It's nice to sit outside, listen to the birds and watch the squirrels play. I hope your friend's husband is getting better.

Nora, good job with the workouts. I need to do more yoga. I have a yin yoga practice that really helps my shoulders. I can tell I haven't done it in awhile.

Penguin, I was seeing on FB that people were starting to find tp in our stores. My sister said that changed in her area when Pence announced extending the shutdowns. I haven't checked yet. Nice job with your housecleaning workout.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 09:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hi everybody. Today was a 50 minute walk. I meant to do some yoga or stretching, but it didn't happen.

SB - Thanks for asking about DD. Yes, she's all hunkered down. She goes out for a walk or run every day, but that's it. Everything else is delivered. She even bought a washing machine do avoid the laundromat. There was talk of her just coming back home, but it's complicated as she is waiting on her green card and there are rules surrounding all that...like what if she can't get back etc. I hope you got your walk in! It's what's keeping me sane these days. Yes, Yoga for stress relief..and also I need to stretch more anyhow.

Tammie - what's your yin yoga DVD? I put yin yoga into the search engine at totalfitness and it came up with Kundalini yoga (see above) which is decidedly NOT yin yoga!
Old 04-01-20, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk and a plank. Today is sunny, yay!, so I'm planning a walk and hopefully more.

TAMMIE, nice workouts to close out this crazy month. You're staying consistent as always. I'm glad you're enjoying the outdoors.

NORA, nice walk. That's all I was able to muster yesterday too. I'm so glad to hear your DD is able to stay inside even for her laundry! Her walks and runs must feel so great. What a terrible time this is for everyone, so much uncertainty.

Waves to all. Stay safe and healthy everyone!

ETA -- Oooops! I just realized today is April 1st! I'll start the new thread for April now!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:34 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I saw a meme that read "the cleaning lady called to say she would be working from home until further notice." Frankly, I wouldn't want to go into other peoples homes at this point even if I do know them well, or go there often. I agree there are certain jobs I don't want to do either. I do feel a little bit like a superhero cleaning the house these days. Protecting us from the bad germs

SB, fortunately I did a lot of decluttering last year. The decluttering podcast I listen to said "even if you can't donate right now, storing it in a corner of your garage still counts". Hmm, in this small house, more like leaving it in the middle of the living room, but I see her point. I have a cleaning routine and then there's stuff I only do once in a while, that's the stuff I'm finally getting to these days.

Tammie, I didn't even think that the extended shutdowns would mean a pickup in the hoarding. I've been able to get most everything I've wanted. I've still got a few ab muscles on my right side that are mad at me. I tried to switch scrubbing hands but that didn't work well.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote