Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-20, 07:01 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, Sorry to hear about your re-injury. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Nora, I tried Turbo Jam once as a loaner. I was standing there staring at the screen wondering how I was supposed to keep up. too fast for me. My parents, Mom especially, are worried that after cancelling their trips to see my sister, will have to cancel the one in May.

Tammie, Great mix of workouts this week. We never did hear back from the RV place.

The city schools and some collages here in Memphis are clearing out the dorms and closing down. Since Hubby is now teaching, this is nerve wracking! He just got the job, please don't close down the school. Its a small campus without dorms so we are hoping it will stay open. Stupid Coronavirus!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 07:24 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP - That's great news about the teaching job. Congratulations to your hubby! Even if there's a short-term close down, if he has a job...all good for the long term. How far is that institution from where you live?

SB - Here's hoping the removal goes A OK. So far, there are no flight restrictions in and out of Canada from Europe. But do I really want to go, considering the circumstances? Air Canada is offering credits for paid flights my husband told me. So I guess that's what we will do. Then fight with Airbnb and hotel. Pain in the butt. I was really looking forward to that trip!

Edit: I forgot to add my workout
Today: STS back and bis and Cathe's Step Sync ( a shorter pre-mix)
Old 03-13-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I couldn't talk myself into an outdoor walk in the gray damp weather yesterday so I did 3 segments from CF Arms & Abs and the core pretzel toner from CF Lean & Toned. Good stuff. It's raining now but it should clear up later so I'm planning a walk then. I do have my dr appt this morning and I considered cancelling it but decided I wanted to get this mole removed. I called the office and the girl answering the phone acted like I was crazy for considering cancelling . I'll just wash my hands a lot and hope for the best.

PENGUIN, nice workout. Congrats to hubby!! Hopefully it will all work out with this virus situation.

NORA, nice job with STS and step sync. Yeah it's a tough decision but I think things are even worse in Europe than here. It's a shame.

ETA -- I'm back from my dr appt. I was told to take it easy for 72 hours, no exercise, light walking etc. I never even considered that I might not be able to walk or exercise! It's so the stitches don't pop. So I guess I won't be walking or exercising this weekend. On the plus side, I called work to let them know I won't be in this weekend. My boss told me business is way down and they were going to cut the staff anyway so it all worked out. Just hoping the mole is benign.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 01:43 PM  
sbh

Still plugging along here. So far so good. I've lost a few pounds and my arms are looking great! I think I will keep up this "rotation" for a while since it has been very doable and I am getting results.

S-rest
M- JS Cardio Ballet + HASfit 14m biceps
T-JS 30m Power Walk + HASfit 7m triceps (pyramid down)
W-JS Flat Abs Walk + HASfit 5m chest
T-JS Feel Good Fusion (YT) + HASfit 8m back
F-JS Dance Party Zumba Style + abs/low back on stability ball + shoulders

SB - I feel for you and your low back issue. I have been really trying to consciously keep my abs pulled in even when I am not working out. I'm sure the mole will come back benign! Enjoy your weekend off.

PP - Great news about your hubby's new job. I got to teach a web design class a long while ago. It was so much fun. It hardly felt like work at all.

Nora - That is horrible that you have to cancel your trips. I hope all this panic does away soon. Nice work with the STS.

Tammie - I forgot about The Firm 5 Day Abs. I saw it in your workouts and remembered I have it. I'll have to pull it out next week and give it a go. The HASfit single body part workouts were tough!!!! I had to pyramid down on the triceps.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 11:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, Thank you. we are so excited! Its only 30min away. We learned that the school only runs from Monday thru Thursday, so he gets a 3 day weekend every week! We went to the school today so he could show me around. Its tiny; there's only 3 real classrooms and about as many teachers working there as well as two administrators but they have a hanger with aircraft etc. We found out that most of the students are from Memphis. It used to be a community college that was annexed by ASU. The 'mechanics' program runs for two years but the courses run back to back, unlike regular college classes you go to the same class each day until its finished and then start the next one.

SB, I'm glad you went to your appointment. I hope you got your walk in. thank you. We found out that the Governor of AR is who decided if the schools close. I found that interesting.

Sherri, I'm hoping that Hubby will feel that way once he gets past his nerves. He was reading me some of the material from the next course and it was on a chemical with a very long name; I didn't understand most of it and I'm glad he's the one learning this, not me! He said a lot has changed in the past 30 years too. I think I've done most of the Jessica workouts you did. I need to put her on my short list of YT workouts. I'd like to 'visit' with her again.

I didn't do a workout today but we did a lot of errands, so I'm counting the walking as a workout. Including going to the grocery store and zigzagging around trying to find something to buy. Its a good thing I stocked up on bread last week, if anyone needs it I've got a good recipe for a loaf of bread that's basically flour and a beer. I'm not kidding

Old 03-14-20, 08:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I decided not to walk yesterday since they did advise me not to power walk and just do light walking if necessary. It was a gorgeous spring day so that really hurt. I may do a short walk today at a slower pace just to get outside even though it is cooler today it's still nice.

SHERRI, great job with your new "rotation." Congrats on the weight loss. Are you modifying your eating along with the workout plan? I need to remember to pull in my abs too. I did a plank yesterday since I couldn't do much else. I may try it again today too.

PENGUIN, sometimes errands do count as a workout . The community college my DD teaches at is extending their spring break and DS teaches at a middle school and they are going to online teaching for the next 2 weeks. Crazy stuff.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-15-20, 06:21 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

yesterday: Yoga with Wai Lana
today: Step and short weight segment with Gay Gaspar

Sherri - I like your rotation. I may do something similar when I'm done with STS.

SB - It sounds like your resto is cutting capacity. That's a good thing. Good luck with your medical concern.

How is the social distancing going, everyone? I'm doing my best. I had hoped to go skiing this week, but they have closed down the hills due to the virus. So I'll walk more, I guess.
Old 03-16-20, 08:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Well I have all this time on my hands and I can't exercise. Doesn't seem right. The nurse had advised me not to exercise or power walk for 72 hours but I read online that some people don't exercise until the stitches are removed which will be another week or so. I'm thinking maybe some short walks will be ok now that 72 hours is up. Maybe some upper body weight work? Very frustrating.

NORA, nice workouts. Yes I think walking is probably the safest thing besides home workouts of course. I'm doing ok with the social distancing. DH has gone to the stores a few times but I've been laying low. My DD is a germaphobe anyway so she's been on lockdown for awhile now. My DS is another story. He and his friends went out Friday night then congregated at our house afterwards. I usually have no problem with his friends hanging at our house but I told him the next day to maybe curtail the crowds coming over for awhile. He's been over his gf's house most of the weekend. I think they've been going out to eat and what not. But if the restaurants shut down I guess that will take care of that.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Old 03-16-20, 10:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Just popping back in.

My boss called to tell me the restaurant I work at is closed until further notice.
He said that's all the info he had but the way he was talking made me think it's closed for good. He said to possibly look into unemployment benefits. Then he ended the call by saying to stay safe and healthy and it's been a pleasure working with me. Sounded kind of final.....
Old 03-16-20, 02:15 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, that does sound a little foreboding. I hope he wasn't serious and you get to keep your job, but otherwise it might be a good opportunity for something else. I'm sorry your having to restrict your exercise for the time being. That must be frustrating.

Nora, the knitters etc have a meme out saying 'staying home and knitting is what we've trained for, people!" My church and my parents church just cancelled everything for the next few weeks. And with Hubby home from school/work we are back to where we have been the past few months.

stay well and sane!