Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-12, 11:10 AM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I don't love Fluidity. It is a solid barre program but I don't think it produces better results than other barre techniques and there are some factors that make the workouts tedious for me (like the music!)

I posted a review and breakdown of the initial set here: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=fluidity

I also posted breakdowns and impressions of the Real Class set in this thread that has several reviews: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...uidity&page=11

I did a one-month rotation with Fluidity RC back in March 2010: I did each class once a week (3 days) and alternated with either a dance class or a dance-based workout like Ellen Barrett, Jen Galardi, etc. (3 days).

I saw some improvement in my core strength and my glutes looked pretty good (round, toned, lifted). However, I lost flexibility and felt very tight - strange since there is a lot of stretching but I don't find the stretching sequence in Fluidity particularly effective. I was also completely bored with these; the music is awful and the pace is so slow that I did not get the "cardio" effect I usually enjoy in other barre workouts.

I have not used the workouts since... guess that says it all for me!

fuzzie - what are your fave barre workouts with a cardio effect and that give results?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 10:43 PM  
lorajc

anyone else?

I just did Pop Physique and fell in love with it! I wonder what else is like they are?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 11:50 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
okay thanks....so I guess, what I'm "getting" from this thread is that "any" barre work will yield the results I saw in the before and afters in the Fluidity commercial, yes?

I have P57, Pure Barre (is that the name?), Core Fusions and the Grace Lazenby ones, as well as more that I can't think of right now.

I guess the infomercial "hoodwinked" me....so to speak....LOL!!

I'm naive....eh??

Oh well, I'm still gonna try to get "teeny tiny" as TA would say with a combo of TA, barre, Tonique, BBL, Ballet Body and an occasional JNL or other weight cardio circuit thrown in for variety, as I need to lose 30 pounds.

I don't need anyone to mention food....diet, etc., as I'm gonna start a food journal again...plus I've been in "fight or flight" syndrome at work for the past 7-8 months due to a horrid situation where I've been abused/humilitated and harrassed, and that is about to come to an end.....cuz I'm transferring, so hopefully the Cortisol I've been storing due to stress will back off and help me lose the humungous (word?) pounds I've gained.

Thanks ladies..................You are all so awesome and motivating for me. Sometimes I wish I could talk to some of you in person.

Speaking of that --- Margaux ...if you read this thread, please call me.....I have DVDs I want to give you.. You can come see me at work.

Thanks ladies...and gents...........what would I do without you all (and my furrie friends -- can't leave them out....as that's true unconditional love).

Love all of my VF friends...............lora
Hugs to you. Glad you find support here!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 10:09 PM  
Genevieve M

Good thread. I started a barre class at a local gym through a groupon offer. It was awesome! I hope all of you look to CL before you make any full-price purchases. So if Fluidity is not all that, what barre program is? thanks for any help you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, fluidity, pilates band