Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-05, 10:37 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Congrats of your results! Makes me want to dig mine out from behind the closet, put it back together and use it!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:47 AM  
horsemom2

YogFlex link

This is the link to the Bodyburner twin called the YogFlex that Amazon is selling for an incredible bargain

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...goods&v=glance

Barb S
who is really enjoying exploring all of the options this piece of equipment enables
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 10:48 AM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofone
Do you really break a sweat? I just can't get over the fact that boucning around gives results. Seems like the rebounder might do most of the work?

Thanks,
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

I needed to respond to your post because I think this point is key about rebounding. I have and do Cathe's MIC and Step Max as well as Charlene's Crazy for Step. But, I think rebounding gives me a far better cardio workout than any of these combined. Sweat, you ask? You bet! In fact, I live in Canada and in the wintertime my basement workout room is very cold. When I rebound, I begin to break a sweat within minutes. Like I said before, you work harder because it is not jarring on your joints. And like another poster said, it is a lot of fun and because of that, once I get started I don't want to stop. So, to sum up, I must say that rebounding has totally increased my cardio capacity!

Jessica
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 11:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Just butting in to say that while I don't own a rebounder, I went to a picnic with my daughter last summer where they had a moonbounce (a large inflatable structure that kids jump around in). The operator invited me to go in since Blaire was the only child inside, and after only a few minutes, I was DYING! You don't even have to jump - just walking around on such a soft surface is more intense than plain walking, since you have to work harder to push off each step.

So I completely believe that it's a tough cardio workout. And if you get totally immersed in something, like I am with DDR and rhythm games, then you're going to do it more often and see positive results.

Jessica, congratulations to you!
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 11:28 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
This is the link to the Bodyburner twin called the YogFlex that Amazon is selling for an incredible bargain

Barb S
who is really enjoying exploring all of the options this piece of equipment enables
Oh great, now I really am tempted! But "Body Flex" - does that mean you have to go HAAAAAAAAAHH and make faces while you bounce?
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 11:44 AM  
mommyofone

ok I'm sold

This goes on my list today, so far I have the Transfirmer, Turbo Jam, and now this. I am going to be in big trouble if I don't knock it off. Thanks for all the info!!!!

Kristen
mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 11:45 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2

That's so cheap, I'm sceptical of the quality! Is it really sturdy?
I've seen similar type rebounders that can be tilted, to be used as surfaces for bouncing medicine balls on. Can you try that out, Barb, and see if it works (if you throw the ball onto it, does it rebound so you can catch it, so you can perform "partner" medicine ball tosses without the partner? Like doing a curl-up in front of it, tossiing the ball, catching the ball, and rolling back down?)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-05, 11:46 AM  
horsemom2

not THAT BodyFlex LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
Oh great, now I really am tempted! But "Body Flex" - does that mean you have to go HAAAAAAAAAHH and make faces while you bounce?

LOL no association with that workout style or instructor
BUT hey, if you want to go HAAAAAAAAAHH and make faces while you bounce, there is always that option LOL

Barb S
who actually does make faces when healthbouncing to work the facial and neck muscles and often feels the DOMS to prove it
Old 12-11-05, 11:58 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
That's so cheap, I'm sceptical of the quality! Is it really sturdy?
I've seen similar type rebounders that can be tilted, to be used as surfaces for bouncing medicine balls on. Can you try that out, Barb, and see if it works (if you throw the ball onto it, does it rebound so you can catch it, so you can perform "partner" medicine ball tosses without the partner? Like doing a curl-up in front of it, tossiing the ball, catching the ball, and rolling back down?)
LOL I just did the tilting legs switch which I am getting really fast at!!
and tried tossing my 5 lb medicine ball and it worked fine!
thanks for reminding me of yet another way to use this equipment!!
ETA: when standing and tossing the ball, it returned directly but when tossing from the top of a curl, it bounced twice before returning to me.

I believe the YogFlex is identical in its construction to the Body Burner which is still being seen on infomercials and sold online for $90 plus S&H. Only difference being the Yog Flex comes with a different vhs demo workout rather than dvd. As far as sturdiness, I saw a leg coming off and when I went to reattach it saw I had it upside down so the treads for screwing was on the bottom end instead of the top (my fault not the manufacturer's).
Anywho didn't wobble with the leg practically off during my whole workout!

Barb S
who is still thinking about ordering a second one as a spare and for double tilting movements
Old 12-11-05, 12:03 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Just to add to the enabling:

It's $39.99, free shipping, and if you take amazon.com's credit card you get $30.00 off --- making it $9.99 - that's what totally pushed me over the edge

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounding, success stories, success story