Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-19, 08:14 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hey, would you all mind sharing when you ordered? I checked my order status and it says, processing. I ordered at the beginning of September.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:26 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Hey, would you all mind sharing when you ordered? I checked my order status and it says, processing. I ordered at the beginning of September.

~Beth
Beth, my status still says processing and I received mine yesterday. Actually all my orders say that. Did you check your spam box? That’s where my shipping notification was.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 09:57 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thanks for the reviews everyone and for the thread Hilary. Just wondering if Rev’d Up Rumble has a punch only/no kick option?
Not sure as I only have the downloads for now. DVD’s are delayed due to the snow this weekend. I think Wednesday at the earliest for me.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 09:59 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Denise, Rev’d Up Rumble has no moves that go to the floor. It’s all low impact and everything is upright. It’s truly intermediate.

Kim
Agreed. The combos to me remind me of KP&C combos. Obviously they are not the same as KP&C but the build and combos had a similar feel to me.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 12:08 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Here's a website that gives examples of "stacking" exercises. Not explained by Cathe, but it's basically grouping exercises in such a way to get the best benefits in a short amount of time. Either by exhausting muscles, working opposing muscles, etc.

http://wendyfitness.com/how-to-superset-exercises/

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 07:37 AM  
Sara1000

Thanks, Pam
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 08:00 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks. So stacking is what many other Cathe workouts do, she just doesn’t call it that.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 08:11 AM  
Rhonda

I did Cardio Party/Calorie Crush premix. I like Cardio Party and wasn't expecting the calorie crush to be so choreographed and high impact. I skipped it. Not my type of step. I like straight forward step. So I know I won't be attempting the calorie crush on this workout as I wasn't an IMAX fan and she does say that this part resembles IMAX.

Otherwise I will do Cardio Party on days when I want to move but not all out. I felt it was a nice workout to get yourself moving.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 08:24 AM  
Cher

I also did Cardio Party Bonus Calorie Crush premix (27 min), then Bonus Stretch #1.

Like others have said, the CC is like a mini IMax workout. It was 4 step intervals and fun for a little quickie blast of cardio if you like choreographed step....which I do. (I'm pretty sure this is probably the only Calorie Crush I will do from this set ). She breaks nothing down but after going though the combos once or twice I got it down without a problem.

Bonus Stretch #1 Started out nice and relaxing, then about 1/3 through she does downdog into a plank then down on knees then to your belly than back to child's pose or something along that line. I wasn't a fan of the downdog/plank thing but just did it anyway thinking I'll just do it and get passed it. Then she did it again, and again, and again (4 times). By the third time I quit and did my own thing until she was done with those. I don't mind a few sets of that but I don't need it 4 times if I'm doing a relaxing feeling stretch. After that she was back to some nice relaxing stretches.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 08:33 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I really, really liked Rev'd Up Rumble, and I'm a little surprised at that since I'm not always a fan of Cathe's kickbox/boxing. The warmup was still too long IMHO at close to 10 minutes (why does she do that, does anyone know? she seems to be the only instructor who has an extra long warmup for this type of workout) D
I agree Cathe loves her long warmups but to me that is one of the best things about her as an instructor. For a cardio workout it makes it so much easier for me if there is an extended warmup, I feel like I can work twice as hard after a long warmup and not feel fried. I’ve been doing some 20-minute workouts lately where the warmup is about a minute and I feel like I’m gasping for breath after the first interval whereas with Cathe I feel like I’m in the zone and can go forever and get more benefit from the workout and not feel horrible in the process. The warmups that DO bug me are many of the Firms - “Step touch, step touch, step touch OOOOHHH that was hard!”
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands