Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-17, 01:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I suffered with hot flashes and sweating for about 5 years, and just last year, it has thankfully subsided.

questions for consideration:
do you need moisturizer? could you use a powder instead?

I continued to use a light foundation with sunscreen and when I was feeling sweaty while applying it, I would turn on the fan in my room and place my face in front of it to let my face dry off.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 02:25 PM  
TinaT

Neutrogena is working great. Light weight feel to it. I've used Bare Minerals makeup for years. My hot flashes and night sweats have been on going for about 2 years. I think making sure that one ingredient is not in any of my facial products will help in the morning while getting ready for the day.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 03:22 PM  
donnamp

Tina - I'm glad the Neutrogena is working for you!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 11:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Thanks for this, I am going to try jojoba oil on my face as a moisturizer. I bought some sweet almond oil from Now Foods that I really like but it leaves my T Zone a little oily. I think they sell a Jojoba oil too which I will look for.

My normal moisturizer I really like, which is St. Ive's Collagen Elastin which I have used for years. I am just experimenting with a few different things to see what they do.
You can purchase quality Jojoba oil for a reasonable price at Trader Joes.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 01:16 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I started using something a few weeks ago that my skin is absolutely loving.

I mix one little part of black Jamaican castor oil with like 2-3 parts of jojoba oil at night.

I'm only doing it like 2-3x a week for now - just making sure it doesn't clog my pores (which it doesn't seem to be).

Just throwing that idea out there....I love mixing oils and stuff

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 01:38 PM  
donnamp

terri - thanks! I have been loving mixing jojoba oil and aloe vera gel - I do about half and half and if you put it in a jar and shake it up - it has a more lotion like consistency.

I think I like my homemade products the best. I am experimenting with the Every Day Coconut line of facial products, and they are nice, but I think I prefer the concoctions I have made at home.

I have also made a body lotion w/ coconut oil and aloe.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 10:11 PM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri1222 View Post
I mix one little part of black Jamaican castor oil
Terri
My scalp bloody LOVES this stuff! Tried it about 13 years back and it will remain a mainstay. I started using it in my (all purpose) balms paired with baobab oil too.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-17, 03:24 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
My scalp bloody LOVES this stuff! Tried it about 13 years back and it will remain a mainstay. I started using it in my (all purpose) balms paired with baobab oil too.
So you basically use the mixture to rub into your scalp then? I had heard that castor oil was good for your hair also, but that stuff is so thick that I have to dilute it with another oil just to get to apply it properly. ??

Donna: I'm also going to look into that jojoba oil/aloe vera gel mix you mentioned - I like to alternate products if I can.

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-17, 05:53 AM  
Lannette

I use Lucy Minerals Ambrosia for dry skin in the morning and Sweet Dreams Ambrosia for night time. I wait for a good sale. I got my current bottles for 40% off. These oils really make a difference in our low humidity, cold climate.

You only need a couple drops. I make my own face cleanser, toner, exfoliator and masks but it would be prohibitively expensive for me to order all the oils she puts into her ambrosia line. I love the fact that I'm mixing up my moisturizer fresh, morning and night.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 10:55 PM  
lorajc

I love far too many moisturizers to just list one. That being said, I use a lot of organic products.

I would definitely ditch that one due to the niacinamide! Anything that may cause a hot flash caused me to be soaked from head to toe! I suffered miserably and the bad part is that I worked for a major cosmetics line and was supposed to look fresh and pretty. For about 3.5 years, I thought I'd constantly be hot, but now I don't get them constantly.

My tip is that to save money, I've sometimes been known to spritz my face with rosewater --keep it in the fridge for an extra treat...... You can make a thicker cream turn into a lotion this way. Also, if your skin is getting super dry, the make rosewater/glycerin blends. Also feels good to refresh with when flashing.

2 places I like (first one I just tried.....Other one have used for many years.

Www.Skin2spirit.com
www.sheaterraorganics.com
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
face lotion, menopause, moisturizers