Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-16-15, 10:28 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
From the announcement at Summit: preview in October on Beachbody on Demand and release in December, pre-holiday release.

I posted this and a few more details earlier in this thread.
Thanks for the details! I think this sounds like an interesting set for sure!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 07:21 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Yay! It was true! I'll be ordering for sure. I love Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and 21 Day Fix Extreme so a set that combines all of it sounds GREAT! Can't wait.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 07:32 AM  
jazzy75

I am currently on the fence about purchasing the original "Body Beast". The title of this thread (i.e. Body Beast for Women") is throwing me off......one thing holding me back from the original is I have it in my head it is for men mostly. Did you ladies use it? Would you recommend it for an advanced exerciser looking for a lifting rotation to follow (whilst adding in some summer running and HiiT workouts)?
Old 07-17-15, 08:16 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
I am currently on the fence about purchasing the original "Body Beast". The title of this thread (i.e. Body Beast for Women") is throwing me off......one thing holding me back from the original is I have it in my head it is for men mostly. Did you ladies use it? Would you recommend it for an advanced exerciser looking for a lifting rotation to follow (whilst adding in some summer running and HiiT workouts)?
Sorry, I thought this set was going to be Body Beast 2 for women but it looks like Beach Body is being creative with it, lol. Yes, it would be great for what you're looking to do. The set has all men background exercisers but it's very do-able for women. There is a Facebook "Body Beast for Women" page that has some amazing success stories. These women are in phenomenal shape from this program.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 08:28 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:

I use it and got great results. Improved my shoulders, which for me is good because I have wide hips. So, I little more definition makes my waits look smaller.

The program is marketed for men. There are macho and beast talk but...well it doesn't bother me. I am around men all.the.time at work. I am use to this kind of stuff but I can see it can turn off others.

Now, if you want to build muscle the routine is very good. It is an advance program. Is intense! The only exersise that some may not interested are the Shrugs for traps. There is no room for intense cardio if you are challenging yourself enough with weights. Low intensity cardio is all I was doing while I used BB.

I see this new workouts are not Body Beast 2. I bet they are good, but I hope a Body Beast sequel is on schedule.
Old 07-17-15, 09:40 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I highly recommend it. I'm an advanced exerciser and a runner, and use this set a lot. It is one of my favorite workout systems.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 09:53 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I hope they separate out the instructors by disc or chapter. I love Body Beast but not Autumn's stuff so much. I would buy the program just for Sagi's 30 minute strength workouts

I am with you. I think that I would much prefer that Sagi do all of the workouts. I like Autumn enough but I much prefer Body Beast over 21DF for lifting workouts. I would buy it in a flash just for Sagi's strength workouts. The Beast is one of my all time favorite programs. I got great results with Body Beast and I really like Sagi.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 10:18 AM  
pbnj

There are women in the Body Beast infomercials now. So although the dvd's are geared towards men, I guess Beachbody realized that women might be interested in the program too.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 10:43 AM  
carres1973

I'm in!!!!!!!
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 11:14 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Just saw this after answering in your other thread - it's classic weight training and definitely doable for women who want to lift heavy. I did not have the energy to add in other workouts while doing Beast, besides subbing a different (and slightly) longer cardio for Beast Cardio on cardio days and adding in more stretching. The rotation is deceiving: you think , hah, 30-45 minutes a day, that's IT? But I was drained after those workouts if I went to failure, and only wanted food and rest!

Tags
autumn calabrese, body beast 2, hammer and chisel, power lifting, sagi kalev