Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-14, 05:07 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Gilda, maybe you can convert your DVD player into a region-free one? That's what I did and then I purchased it on DVD from England (where it's called The Body): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Macpher...e+body+workout

I also bought Claudia Schiffer's Perfectly Fit series on DVD there as well.
Thank you Lucky Star! I have no idea what kind of DVD player I have etc. I do know I need a new one so any recommendations would be helpful.

Sherry is also offering help and I am most appreciative for both your posts.

VF came through for me yet again!

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 05:12 PM  
sherry7899

I was able to convert a regular dvd player into a multi regional dvd player using instructions someone posted in a review on Amazon. I will try to hunt down the player. It was actually the remote that broke, and to replace the remote would have cost more than the dvd player!

I remember it was a Phillips brand dvd player. The reviews for recent models are not great, so if someone can suggest another brand, please post.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 08:41 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Minna

Apologies if this has already been said, but I didn't read the entire thread. Total Fitness DVDS has Minna Lessig Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly, Boy Shorts Bottom.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 02:16 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I just found that Kathy Smith's Power Step has been released on DVD along with a step workout of hers that I never had. Power Step was one of my favorite workouts back when I did step fairly regularly. It's the one filmed using the flexible step that Kathy put out for a short time but works fine on a regular step.
Fairly light set with a brick background and early 90s outfits are all black so a bit less jarring.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 07:10 AM  
dnna

KarenJo, I always wanted that flexible step, but never found one. I love that workout- and I am quite sure that Michael Carson is a background exerciser in it!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 01:53 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

These days all I use are "videos by the wayside", lol. I haven't bought anything new in quite a while and see no reason to do so. I'm quite happy wallowing in my extensive collection of golden oldies, which usually consist of calmer instructors, more joint-friendly moves and *much* better music.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 07:51 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
These days all I use are "videos by the wayside", lol. I haven't bought anything new in quite a while and see no reason to do so. I'm quite happy wallowing in my extensive collection of golden oldies, which usually consist of calmer instructors, more joint-friendly moves and *much* better music.
Same here, Gina! I even bought Jane Fonda's original workout on vinyl and had the tracks transferred to an MP3 file and then copied to my iTunes library. After 30+ years, I still know the workout by heart. Except for the instructions to bounce into the stretch, it's still a good workout.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 02:27 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
KarenJo, I always wanted that flexible step, but never found one. I love that workout- and I am quite sure that Michael Carson is a background exerciser in it!
I'm quite sure I would have hurt myself on that flexible step, but you're probably right about Michael Carson. He was in other videos of hers.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eric nies, hit the spot, of steel, oldies but goodies, seasonal disorder, vf hall of fame, vintage workouts