Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-14, 11:13 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I'm not aware of the downloads though. Did we get downloads also? TIA
Hi Debbie!

Before pre-ordering I asked them when they would be available and if there was a way I could get the downloads in the meantime and Cody from Udaya told me that if I pre-ordered and sent him my purchase info., he would send me the download code for DYP that would work until they shipped out the DVDs. I guess if you requested it, they were happy to oblige since the pre-order went way longer than they anticipated.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 11:19 AM  
Mickey12

Becky,

I pre-ordered in either February or early March and I received mine last week. I've been doing one each day since I got them (and I seem to be the only one that is posting any thoughts).

I'd love to hear what others think about these great classes with Vytas!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 01:17 PM  
Becky

I emailed Udaya with my receipt and just asked if they had an idea when it would ship and Cody responded within a half hour. Apparently they had an error in my mailing label, but he fixed it and has sent mine today. I've already received a tracking number, although it doesn't show anything yet.

I am very pleased with how quickly Udaya, and specifically Cody has responded to my queries.

I'm so excited to get these!!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 08:00 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did the backbends class. It's 58 minutes. At around 46 minutes the hard work is done and Vytas takes you through some nice stretches then his usual ending to class with 2 minutes of seated mediation and about 2 minutes of savasana.

The teaching tips on this disc explain how to do scorpion using a wall for support. He also demonstrates supported bridge using a block. I never saw supported bridge before. I tried it and it felt kind of good. He also demonstrated using a strap for wheel to keep your knees from splaying out beyond the width of your hips.

The class begins with some easier poses, then A & B salutations, then into the backbend poses. For instance, he does twisting half moon with a backbend element by taking your hand and grabbing the ankle of the extended leg, pulling it to make a backbend. He also does extended side plank with a backbend element the same way. I have never seen poses like these and they certainly were challenging. My form needs a lot of work.

Most of the time I'm not watching the TV, but during scorpion, since I can't do it, I saw that one of the participants fell out of the pose. Rather than edit it, they kept it in and I think it demonstrated how challenging the pose is.

Vytas gives really good instruction on how to position your body to get into the poses. Another great practice.

Kim
Old 04-15-14, 09:00 PM  
NotThatGirl

Again, thank you so much for the review of the classes Kim! I know that if I pick this up, it will be almost solely because of the great feedback you've given. Do you still feel that if you can do UY you can handle this? I am not especially bendy but can manage wheel alright even if I can't hold it for a long time.

Thanks again
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 06:45 AM  
Mickey12

NotThatGirl,

Yes, if you can handle UY I still think you can handle Deepen Your Practice. I can't do wheel - I'm REALLY not bendy, so if you can do wheel, then you're ahead of me. But with Vytas there is enough in his sessions that I can do that when I can't do a few poses, I don't feel like it's too advanced or I'm not good enough. He is very encouraging and motivating. He makes you feel ok about your limitations.

The only class I'm a little worried about is the inversions class. I can only do the very basic of headstands with my knees on my elbows. I guess I shouldn't worry, though. So far Vytas has taken very good care of me!

I sure wish others would post their impressions of these practices.

Kim
Old 04-16-14, 08:24 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

is there a coupon code for this?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 08:57 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Hi Debbie!

Before pre-ordering I asked them when they would be available and if there was a way I could get the downloads in the meantime and Cody from Udaya told me that if I pre-ordered and sent him my purchase info., he would send me the download code for DYP that would work until they shipped out the DVDs. I guess if you requested it, they were happy to oblige since the pre-order went way longer than they anticipated.
Thank you, Becky! I'm glad you contacted them and that your order is on its way.

I do belong to their streaming service. Sadly, I view them more than I watch them, but you just can't beat the quality of their workouts. Vytas is definitely one of the best instructors they have. Love his voice and love his form pointers.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 09:39 AM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
NotThatGirl,

Yes, if you can handle UY I still think you can handle Deepen Your Practice. I can't do wheel - I'm REALLY not bendy, so if you can do wheel, then you're ahead of me. But with Vytas there is enough in his sessions that I can do that when I can't do a few poses, I don't feel like it's too advanced or I'm not good enough. He is very encouraging and motivating. He makes you feel ok about your limitations.

The only class I'm a little worried about is the inversions class. I can only do the very basic of headstands with my knees on my elbows. I guess I shouldn't worry, though. So far Vytas has taken very good care of me!

I sure wish others would post their impressions of these practices.

Kim
Thanks again so much Kim!

Please keep me posted on the inversions class, because that is not really something I have ever been even moderately ok at. I can barely do it against a wall and that really is only for a about 2 seconds haha. I think I'd be alright with not being able to do a few poses too, I love the sound of him and the whole set so far.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 11:35 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Love his (Vytas) voice and love his form pointers.
DEBBIE, I TOTALLY AGREE!!

Kim

Tags
deepen your practice, udaya.com, vytas, vytas baskauskas