Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-14, 08:10 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Please review no matter how old the workout is

Reviews are good things!

Every time you write a review a baby giggles, a puppy poops outside, and red lights cooperate.

No matter how old your DVD (VHS, Beta, stone tablets) is, there is a thrift store, storage room, or couch somewhere that has that same workout and people want to know!

Do a review of it. The workout already has 43 reviews? Do a review anyway. Review it through today's eyes, especially if the workout is older than you (or your underwear or your mother).

I buy 99.9 percent of my workouts from secondary, tertiary, quaternary sources. I look at VF reviews on my smarter-than-it-should-be phone, and I love it when something pops up to help me.

Later today I will be posting a review from a 2008 (gasp, yes, we had electricity then) workout. Join me in the vintage madness!

ETA: And please don't forget to TAG it. Put the instructor's name, how you would classify it, something to help searchers, well, search.

(Functional fitness exercise of the day: pulling out the soapbox.)

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 10:05 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
ETA: And please don't forget to TAG it. Put the instructor's name, how you would classify it, something to help searchers, well, search.
Well written ! May I ask one extra request: If you are posting a review in a discussion thread, please also think about taking an extra few seconds to copy and paste it over in the actual reviews section: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 10:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Reviews are good things!

Every time you write a review a baby giggles, a puppy poops outside, and red lights cooperate.
Agreed, Renda, although you put it more eloquently than I could have!

And I will second LAC's request to add your review to the VF Reviews section--some search GD for info, some search the Reviews section (especially for older reviews); it takes only a few seconds to cut & paste your review to both areas.

Finally, I've also become a big fan of tagging! It does make searching SO much easier...I've become known to tag random threads I've opened, even when I haven't posted in them at all! (Yep, that's me, the phantom tagger! )

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 02:18 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

ITA! Also, please don't feel like you need to do a second-by-second breakdown of every part of the workout. If you want to, then fine, but it's really not necessary for most of us! I'm perfectly happy with people's general impressions.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pleading, reviews, tagging feature, tagging threads, tags, whining, writing reviews