Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-13, 03:32 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
That is a great story, but I have to admit I couldn't help but wonder if her new mother-in-law was trying to kill her - I can't imagine inviting someone along on a 5K run just weeks after she had been on bedrest because of extremely high blood pressure .
OK I admit I wondered about that too. But....let's give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she really wanted to help. Seems they are pretty much on the same page now.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 03:33 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
That is a great story, but I have to admit I couldn't help but wonder if her new mother-in-law was trying to kill her - I can't imagine inviting someone along on a 5K run just weeks after she had been on bedrest because of extremely high blood pressure .
Yeah, I thought that seemed a bit odd...
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 03:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Inspirational story! She looks AMAZING!!

Thanks 4 sharing!

----------

Quote:
I couldn't help myself, but laught!! If her MIL is like mine, she probably wanted to kill her

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 03:46 PM  
intelsana

Loved the story! Very inspiring. Shows that if you're motivated and dedicated you can lose weight without expensive gym memberships and personal trainers.
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 04:05 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
shows that if you're motivated and dedicated you can lose weight without expensive gym memberships and personal trainers.
+1
She looks realllllly good!
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 04:12 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
Loved the story! Very inspiring. Shows that if you're motivated and dedicated you can lose weight without expensive gym memberships and personal trainers.
And without "supplements" and expensive programs.

I think her MIL must have had some sort of insight. She risked being shunned forever by her new DIL if this attempt at showing her another way to live failed. I think her continued support shows that her motives were good.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 05:08 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I think her MIL must have had some sort of insight. She risked being shunned forever by her new DIL if this attempt at showing her another way to live failed. I think her continued support shows that her motives were good.
Her awesome relationship with her MIL was my favorite part of the story, and I found myself wondering where her mom was. But I'm pretty sure we tend to project from our own experiences on these things. (And I suspect that there may have been some compression/incomplete details in there... it's possible that the 5k wasn't as soon after the bedrest as the article made it sound. Also, doesn't walking 3 miles in an hour and a half sounds safer for somebody in that state than TurboFire or P90X? )

(I can't help, tho', putting on my daughter-of-journalist hat and wondering why this is national news. It's a wonderful story, but... CNN? Really?)
Old 11-21-13, 11:22 AM  
joanna33

We should invite her to join VF
Old 11-21-13, 12:52 PM  
Gams

Walking 3 miles may be safer than TurboFire or P90X, but those aren't the only 3 options for a morbidly obese person who wants to begin to exercise. I wouldn't have recommended she beging with any of those. I suspect, though, that PrairieGem is right and there may be a few details missing and the timeline might be off some in the article. I don't seriously believe her mother-in-law was out to harm her, although I think now that my ex mother-in-law must have really loved me because I went on a few 5Ks with her and the worst thing I got was a couple blisters...)
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 01:01 PM  
Leonana

Inspiring story! I also like how it said she made new friendships from her online forums, and the support she got from them and FB.

Tags
success story