Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-13, 08:38 PM  
pollytc

D2S: How Do You Do It?

I'm starting d2s tomorrow and am sooo excited! For those of you doing it or have done it, how did you do it? Days between strength days do you rest or do some form of cardio?

As always, thanks for your replies!
Old 09-03-13, 09:32 PM  
Cecelia

I worked out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I did my metabolic workout Saturday morning. On Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I did yoga, specifically kundalini yoga. I also did Classical Stretch and tai chi. I did not add in additional cardio. I think that the down time may have helped me lose fat/inches/pounds by lowering cortisol. I could be wrong of course, but I loved giving the workouts my all 4 days of the week and having plenty of time on the other days for stress reduction activities.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 09:34 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm on my third week of phase one, and I'm not doing any extra cardio. I'm going as heavy as I possibly can. I find I need the rest days in order to recuperate and be ready for the next workout.

I do try to be active, but do no specific workouts. I'd say to try it the way it's written and then add things in if you feel the need.
Old 09-03-13, 09:35 PM  
4leftlimbs

I pretty much stuck with the suggested D2S schedule: 3 days of strength and 1 of cardio, though I usually tacked on the cardio to the last strength workout for the week. For two days per week, I would do yoga or some type of stretching/therapeutic workout. So the following would be my workout week:

Sunday - Strength 1/2 (depending on the week)
Monday - Yoga/Stretching
Tuesday - Strength 2/1
Wednesday - no workout
Thursday - Strength 1/2 + (usually) Cardio
Friday - Cardio (if not done on Thursday); Yoga/Stretching
Saturday - no workout

I'm actually on my last week. I can't believe I've stuck to the rotation! This is my first set, and, before I started, I was thinking I may condense the rotation, so I'm really surprised I've stuck it out and did them as suggested (well, except combining the cardio to my 3rd strength).

I have had times - mostly in Phase 2 - where it became kinda boring for me at times. (Based on people's comments, it seems people enjoy Phase 2 more than Phase 1, but I had the opposite reaction. I preferred Phase 1 and 3 over 2.)

I've had good results - feel stronger and more toned. However, I didn't watch my diet, so I could easily see how my results could've been even better. If you watch your diet, I think this could provide significant improvements.
4leftlimbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 06:40 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I've pretty much been doing the strength workouts as designed, and sometimes subbing other things for the metabolic cardio (namely Physique 57.) It's not that I don't like the metabolic cardio workouts, I just love Physique 57 and don't want to go 12 weeks without it!

I also will do a Leslie or other cardio on the active recovery days. I wear a Fitbit and try to get to 10k steps every day.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosgrove, d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, metabolic conditioning, rachel cosgrove