Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-13, 02:07 PM  
wookiemouse

So sad to say this....but I'm bored with XTrain!

...and I'm only on week 7!

I already ditched the cardio for a local kisado class instead. And rotating the 2 bis/chest strength workouts is getting old. I'm really missing STS and just doing cardio on my own. I'm really considering not finishing this rotation, which is sad, because I really really wanted this set.

Anyone else?

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 02:35 PM  
Bo-bina

I was originally going to do the 30 day Xtrain + Ride rotation, but knew after the first run through that I would miss STS too much. I haven't clicked with any of the XT cardios. I really love the upper and lower body weight work, so I'm doing a mash-up of Xtrain/Gym Styles/STS for the next eight weeks. I'm only using Meso 1 for upper body and Plyo Legs for lower body, during the STS weeks. It looks something like this, with cardio every other day:

Week 1: Xtrain
Week 2: Gym Styles
Week 3: STS Week 1 Upper & Plyo Legs
Week 4: STS week 2 Upper & Plyo Legs

On the second half, I'll switch to Meso 1, week 3 and 4. After this, I'm jumping back on to a regular STS rotation. : )
Bo-bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 02:40 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I was thinking about doing an Xtrain rotation but changed my mind. I think that I would burn out quickly as well. I just opened my set this week. So far, I've done Supercuts and Hard Strikes. I enjoyed both. My plan is too continue to incorporate these with whatever I'm doing......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 02:49 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-bina View Post
I was originally going to do the 30 day Xtrain + Ride rotation, but knew after the first run through that I would miss STS too much. I haven't clicked with any of the XT cardios. I really love the upper and lower body weight work, so I'm doing a mash-up of Xtrain/Gym Styles/STS for the next eight weeks. I'm only using Meso 1 for upper body and Plyo Legs for lower body, during the STS weeks. It looks something like this, with cardio every other day:

Week 1: Xtrain
Week 2: Gym Styles
Week 3: STS Week 1 Upper & Plyo Legs
Week 4: STS week 2 Upper & Plyo Legs

On the second half, I'll switch to Meso 1, week 3 and 4. After this, I'm jumping back on to a regular STS rotation. : )
Ohh, that sounds like a really good way to use those sets and keep things fresh!

I found after about 3 weeks doing just XTrain wasn't for me. I'm viewing these workouts as more individual ones to plug in with my other stuff versus an actual set that I have to rotate through. It's just more enjoyable to me that way, with anything really. If I start trying to do anything exclusively I immediately start to miss my horizontal conditioning, kettlebells, yoga, circuit dvds... For me, I'm especially loving the cardio and leg discs from this set.
Old 02-27-13, 03:19 PM  
mrsyancy

I'm on wk 8, and even tho I don't think I'm bored with the set, I think I am ready to just do something different....so this will be my last week for now until further notice....lol
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 03:21 PM  
Irisg1

I was planning on doing this rotation after I'm done with Body Beast in another 3 weeks. How does it compare to STS?
Old 02-27-13, 03:33 PM  
isebelleg44

Wow, I admire anyone who even attempted a rotation. I didn't even bother, because to me it didn't seem like a system that I would even do a rotation with, like P90X, CLX or STS (the only 3 rotations I ever completed).

I have enjoyed the Xtrain workouts, and will continue plug them in when the mood strikes me.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 03:36 PM  
daisyfit

I'm on week 9 of the rotation and loving it and the results. The only workout I haven't clicked with is supercuts. It just does nothing for me so I leave that out of the rotation and substitute crossfire or another cardio DVD.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 03:40 PM  
fit44

I did 2 weeks of XTrain and switched to something else. I moved on to weight lifting paper workouts for a few months, and I'm back to DVDs. I'm working through all of my Cathe series (Gym Style, Pure Strength, Slow & Heavy, Pyramids, STS (2 weeks in each meso), Body Beast, then back to Xtrain for a double rotation.
I have too many workouts systems!
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 04:38 PM  
dela

I am taking this week off from XTrain because I don't have enough days to get in all of what I consider the "critical" workouts, so picking up with week 8 on Monday. So far so good, but from the beginning I have swapped out suggested cardio for other dvds to keep it fresh for me.

I don't like Hard Strikes, so I always sub that one, and I'm still reluctant to try Tabatacize, still subbing that. I always do the strength ones and Supercuts, and have been swapping out legs lately with other Cathe leg dvds since I only like the standing and Barre portions from XT Legs.

I inevitably get bored with everything and anything I do for too long, I have only made a full 12 weeks with STS and Body Beast. So we'll see where I land on this one. But once I do get bored, if it's more than a couple weeks until the end, I usually just move on.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xtrain