Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-12, 05:33 PM  
caligurl

what currently available POLAR hrm do you use?

i'm ONLY interested in POLAR.... i'm thinking about getting a new HRM to wear for my workouts and was wondering which POLARs you all use and what you like or dislike about them?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 05:49 PM  
Artist of Eyes

I bought a FT7 to replace my F6 about 12 months ago. I like my F6 better. I am having problems with it reading my HR. It freezes, resets to zero, sky rockets, then just stops reading it altogether. I've tried everything including buying the special contact gel and changing the batteries. I never had issues like this with my F6. I stopped using it last week bc it got on my last nerve. I was supposed to watch my HR closely during exercise for a couple of months and it was touch and go.

I've heard great things about the higher models though.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:01 PM  
mamaste

I got the FT60 very recently to replace my F11. I love it so far. I find it easier to use and it's purple! The one thing i don't like about it is you have to buy a seperate transmitter to post your stats online. Other than that it has been great.
Old 05-21-12, 06:24 PM  
zippity

I have a very basic Polar FT4 and LOVE it; so much that I've used it while mowing the lawn, vacuming, and doing housework (good calorie burns might motivate me to clean more). My best fitness purchase of the year!
Old 05-21-12, 06:37 PM  
ellaenchanted

It is a F7. I like it a lot but the strap stopped working so I was using an old Polar strap w/ the long plastic piece. I was going to buy a new strap but I think I may get the FT60. My F7 is a few years old. Before that I had a F4 that I loved but I stepped on the watch and broke it : ( (the strap I am using now is from the F4).
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:44 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

The FT7s seem to be glitchy. I had an older Polar model that lasted about 4 -5 years. When it died I replaced it with an FT7. It only lasted about 11 months. Seems like a lot of people are not having good luck with the FT7s.

I've been HRMless for well over a year and I'd kind of like to get a new one, but I like the FT7's price point and that I already know how to navigate the dang thing. I don't really want to spend a gazillion bucks and get something that I practically need a second college degree to operate.

However, I think getting another FT7 might be throwing good money after bad.

Not sure what to do, actually....
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 06:53 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I have an F6. I use it to get my HR, calories and time in target zone. Mine was glitchy (readings of 00 or really high or really low) until I started washing it with soap after every use. It does a lot of other things but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to use it.

No complaints.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 07:10 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
The FT7s seem to be glitchy. I had an older Polar model that lasted about 4 -5 years. When it died I replaced it with an FT7. It only lasted about 11 months. Seems like a lot of people are not having good luck with the FT7s.

I've been HRMless for well over a year and I'd kind of like to get a new one, but I like the FT7's price point and that I already know how to navigate the dang thing. I don't really want to spend a gazillion bucks and get something that I practically need a second college degree to operate.

However, I think getting another FT7 might be throwing good money after bad.

Not sure what to do, actually....
This is me. I had the F6 for probably 3-4 years and loved it! The FT7 not so much. I've only owned those two HRMs so I'm 50/50 on polar. Although I'd buy another Polar in a heartbeat if I was willing to drop $$$ for it again. Seems a little hard to do after owning this one for such a short time.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-12, 09:05 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Odd, I love my FT7, but then I've only had it a couple of months. It doesn't cut out on me when I go to the floor like the F4 and F6 used to do. I hope I don't have trouble with it in the future.
Old 05-21-12, 10:45 PM  
Sharaz

FT40 I like that is cute white color and user friendly. It show you if you are either on the fat burning or aerobic zone. It has the fitness test feature too. You can track you cardiovascular fitness level and progress. I use this at home for fitness DVD's

RS300X I use it for running pretty much or for when I use the treadmill because I have a foot pod. I have this one at work. Without the foot pod you use it for any other fitness activities. This one have an interval timer and more advanced training features.

I purchased the FT40 first and then later on added the RS300x for running training. Both works fine. I just have to make sure to wet the strap before each workout. I wash the strap with hand soap weekly.

Tags
heart rate monitor, heart rate monitors, heartrate monitor, hrm, polar