Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-11, 10:25 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I only dab a bit of water on my receiver strap and I'm good to go. I really do like my FT4.
I don't need to completely soak it, but I found when I didn't wet it fairly thoroughly (ie. dabbing a bit vs. putting it under a faucet on low) it would show my heart rate wildly going up and then down again, but when I put more water on the strap it stabilized.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 06:49 AM  
beatchica

I agree with Iris, I Love my FT4.

It is so simple to use. I had a fancier Polar HR before and it was overly complex. But the FT4 is so simple and quick to use.

In terms of the wetting the contacts I do two things, in this order and now it picks up my HR instantly.
1. Get you heart rate up a little before putting on the chest strap. I do 60 jumping jacks. This was a recent tip from a VFer and it really works well and made all the difference in the world.
2. Use a plant mister to lightly moisten the contacts.
NOTE: If you get your heart rate up first, before putting on the chest strap you need to only lightly moisten the contacts.

I decided to get the FT4 as I was looking for a simple feature set.
- HR
- Calories burned
- Time in zone
- Can store multiple data files without it being overly complex, VERY simple to use, which I love.
- Audible alerts that can be easily and quickly enabled and disabled.

I mainly use my HRM for circuit training, interval training, tabatas, biking and power walking.
The FT4 is simple, yet versatile enough to serve my purpose for all of these activities.

I bought the man's version of the FT4, which is the same size as the woman's, but the man's was a better color IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

I have had it for about two months now and use it daily and I am really happy with it. It is very easy to set-up and use. I also find the calorie count to be pretty accurate. The newer Polar soft chest strap is much more comfortable then the older Polar hard strap.

Here is a youtube video about how to set-up the FT4 for use, you will see it is nice and easy to toggle through the settings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZZJGatALo
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 04:44 PM  
tammy

I can get the rs300 for 90 something...is this a good one.

Tammy
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heart rate monitor, heart rate monitors, hrm