Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-02, 02:44 PM  
cdenise

I'm Claire, and I like to forum-surf!

My "small world" story: KrisA and I were in the same sorority in college. From her photos on VF, she looks even better now than when I last saw her in '87!

I pop in to visit VF for the great reviews, and have used it as a resource since I started seriously exercising in '98. With this convenient new forum design, I find I visit here more than ever. I spend most of my time at mykbt.net, where I'm ususally doing some check-in or another.

My favorite new video is Weights First, but I somehow have the feeling that no matter how many times I do it, I'll never look just like Tracie Long. A girl can dream, though! (And keep using those weights while she's at it.)
cdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:49 PM  
Motivatedbusymo
VF Supporter

Cool One of the new comers here

I was aware of the site, have been coming to it for reviews for the last year. But since I access the internet mostly at work, I couldn't access the old forum. So basically, I've only been lurking (and posting sometimes) for a few weeks.

I'm 32 (soon to be 33) , spouse, mother (DS is 22 months old) and laboratory physician. I've been into some form or another of fitness activity since my early twenties, while trying to get off the famous freshmen 15. Fast forward to 2001, after a first few years in clinical practice and a difficult pregnancy, the freshmen 15, had turned into 50 pounds.

My serious journey to fitness began last year, after having an episode of acute arthritis, and facing for the first time in my life my limitations. I learned then and there that I only have one body, and that I better take care of it.

One year later, after trying many different exercise videos (of which many of my purchases are because of the reviews here) and joining WW, I have lost a little over 50 pounds, and most importantly have maintained my loss for over 3 months. I'm also down from a size 16 to a size 4.

Janick
Motivatedbusymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:57 PM  
TonyaC
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I'm Tonya C. I've been mostly lurking here since 1998, although I've posted a few times. I'm 29 and I've been married for a little over 4 years. We have no plans to have children but we do have 2 cats, Whiskers and Eeyore. We call them our furry children.

We recently moved from San Diego to Orange County, CA, for my husband's job. I'm a former software engineer who made a drastic career change to become a personal trainer in June 2000. Actually, I was partly inspired by this forum to make the change! I love it, but the hours leave a bit to be desired. I had to get up at 4:45 this morning.

Cathe is my absolute favorite video instructor. I have everything of hers except her wedding video. I also like Chisti and some CIAs. I have a couple Firms and Gin Millers, too. I also run and rollerblade occasionally, and about half of my weight workouts are at the training studio I work at. (The other half are with Cathe!)

Tonya
TonyaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 03:20 PM  
Donna Marie

Hi Jennifer (my Homey)

I am soooo late with this reply but here goes.

I'd have to confirm with Wendy but I think I stumbled in here about 1997. Maryann Parker and I are a couple of the doyens here at ages 55 & 56. By the way, Maryann writes awsome reviews.

I just completed my 20th year as a county government employee and I work in Information Systems. My specialty is designing, programming and recording call control systems for other departments (press 1 for cardio, press 2 for toning). The public at large pretty much hates me, LOL. Just and FYI, I try to create friendly call controllers so when people get confused they can start over or talk to a "human". I have my Mom in mind when I build these things - she's 76.

Husband of 17 years and I are currently beginning (finally) a remodel of a house he has lived in on and off since he was 3 years old. It's a very emotional tie and we are putting much TLC in to every step.

We have two nice kids from first marriages and they have presented us with two sweet grandsons.

I'm happy to meet you all.
Old 02-28-02, 04:01 PM  
wendy sb
VF Supporter

Hello everyone

Helllo to all, I'm Wendy and I'm 35 years old. I used to work as a tech writer for an aerospace company, but now I'm a SAHM to two wild and wonderful boys ages 2 and 3. I used to go to the gym (pre kids) but it's much easier (and less smelly) to exercise at home. I also love to run, but the kids just don't want to stay in the baby jogger anymore.

I've been a VF lurker for about a year and started posting on the exchange a few months ago. I discovered Cathe from VF reviews and have really built up my formerly puny muscles using MIS (thank you Cathe!). I especially love having sculpted shoulders and arms, I look in the mirror and I think I look better now then I did in college, and that's an awesome feeling. Especially after 2 kids and losing 50 pounds of pregnancy weight gain.

I haven't been working out to videos long enough to have favorites for cardio and strength (except of course Cathe), but my video collection seems to be growing daily (my husband thinks I'm nuts, he just doesn't understand why I would need more than one video).

It's been great to find out more about all of you.
wendy sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 04:14 PM  
Liz N
VF Supporter

Greetings from Down Under

Hello, I'm Liz and I'm 33. I'm a weird combination of Mom, pharmacist, exercise physiologist and Bodystep/Pump instructor. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do in life.

I'm from Australia and discovered the power of exercise videos when I lived in Canada for a year in 93/94. I don't do as many videos as I would like, but have been active in all aspects of life since I was a kid.

I have been coming to the VF forum since 99, though time prevents me from posting more often. I really appreciate sharing my thoughts with such a sane and friendly bunch of people

"I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul" Savage Garden

Looking for some fitness inspiration? Visit my blog - see profile
Liz N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 04:44 PM  
Gloria Allison
VF Supporter

Hello from Tennessee!

I'm Gloria, a 35-year-old SAHM from Clarksville, TN. I've been a loyal lurker since 1997. I discovered VF right after my first baby turned 2 (she just turned 7 earlier this month) and I can honestly say that this site has changed my life. I know without a doubt that there is no way I would be exercising regularly without the information and motivation that I receive from reading this forum and the excellent reviews. My attitude toward exercise has changed so much--it's no longer just a way to lose weight, like it was 10 years ago. It has become something that has changed the quality of my entire life, both physically and mentally. Even though I rarely post, I check the forum several times a day--I'd never get through the day without my VF fix! I am a step lover and have also discovered that I really like gym-style strength training (after using the Firm tapes as my first weight tapes), so I am really enjoying Cathe's PS tapes. Just got Power Hour recently, which is a little more of a challenge for me.

Gloria
Gloria Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 05:21 PM  
jenny
VF Supporter

Smile Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to see this thread. I have been a lurker for quite a while, but I was always a little nervous to jump right in. You guys are such a wonderful community. I can't tell you how much money I've spend based on the recommendations from this site.

My name is Jenny and I'm from Dallas, TX. My family includes my husband of 9 years Ray and my yellow lab Otis. I'm 29 and I'm a marketing assistant for a real estate company.

I have been working out with videos for several years. I started with the Jane Fonda step. I now love Cathe, Firms, yoga. I love trying new things too. I just bought the EZ Jump Rope which I read about in Self. It's this crazy jump rope that comes in two pieces that way klutzes like me can actually get a cardio benefit from jumping rope. Normally I trip too much with a regular rope to get any cardio benefits. I'll let you know how it works.

It's nice to meet everyone!!
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 05:31 PM  
jlar

Hi everyone!

Well, I feel the same way as Charmed. I was a loyal FF participant but just got burned about with all the dramatics and starting spending more time at VF. I should have been here all along! It's which is a wonderful tool for beginners and advanced fitness enthusiasts and there's a great sense of community and respect which some other sites seem to lack.

My mom had the Firm's Vol. 1 back in the 80's but I didn't appreciate them until a few years ago and quickly increased my collection. I now branching into yoga (stick as a board), Cathe (kickboxing) and Christi (although I have two left feet). I also like to run and bike with my 2 yo golden retriever.

I live in a small town in Nevada and work in county government. I am originally from South Dakota and hope to move back with my BF in the next few years.
jlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 05:48 PM  
firmteacher

I guess I'm one of the refugees from the FF. I've been lurking mostly there and here for about two years. I post a bit, but not much. I do check in about three times a day from work during the week, but don't have enough time to post and almost always steer away from controversies, though I've watched it all go down three times now over there at the FF. This last time I think has just been too much. I'm planning to spend most of my time here and at the FP site.

I'm 43, mom to 2.7 year old twin daughters (my husband is being a stay-at-home Dad for now), elementary school teacher, and avid video exerciser. I've been working out to videos about 15 years and before that worked out to cassetes that came with instructions sheets demonstrating the exercises. I also took a lot of aerobics classes in the early 80's.

I have around 60 or 70 videos, mostly the FIRM, but also a lot of step aerobics, some circuit training, some interval training, very little yoga and Pilates. I work out 6-7 days a week, mostly alternating strength with cardio days. I also run some, especially in the Spring when there are more 5K races.

Also love to take my daughters to the park, on walks, and most recently introduced them to ice-skating at the rink.

Sorry to be so long and thanks for the VF Forum welcome!
firmteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread