Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-06, 09:12 AM  
new2me

Hi Sara, welcome back!!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 03:46 PM  
SthrnLdy

Hi everyone. I just joined today after finding a link on another site. I love what I see so far.

I have been wanting to start kickboxing, not for the weight loss, but for the toning. I bought a beginners DVD today and am excited to start.

I am a full time RN in critical care, part time grad student, and full time mom to 2 teenage boys. Life, to say the least, is busy.

Glad to be here and look forward to reading more!
SthrnLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 04:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

SthrnLdy,

Welcome to VF! It sounds like your life is busy, at best, but with all good things. Have fun reading. You'll find a lot of threads historically about kickboxing. Feel free to jump in with any questions you have. Just be sure to guard your credit cards!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-06, 05:03 PM  
SthrnLdy

Thanks! I have been wandering around looking for one of the checkins that fits. Too many to decide today....lol

At least with my busy life, kickboxing will definitely be a good stress reliever!!!!
SthrnLdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 10:04 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnLdy
Hi everyone. I just joined today after finding a link on another site. I love what I see so far.

I have been wanting to start kickboxing, not for the weight loss, but for the toning. I bought a beginners DVD today and am excited to start.

I am a full time RN in critical care, part time grad student, and full time mom to 2 teenage boys. Life, to say the least, is busy.

Glad to be here and look forward to reading more!
Welcome to VF! I'm a Registered Nurse too; I work in cardio-thoracic surgery full time, and I rotate being on call at the hospital with the other nurses. It sounds like you are very busy, but it's good to hear that you're taking time out to exercise! I exercise mostly at the gym, but I also have fitness DVDs at home and I find the VF forum to be invaluable. Good luck with finding the right videos for you!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 07:53 PM  
OrangeSofa

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but a long-time video exerciser. I started with Jane Fonda. I even had her LP record before I had the video. I remember the feeling of achievement I had the first time I made it through Firm Volume 1 without having to skip any reps.

After several years away from exercise, it was the Firm that lured me back in with the BSS 1, and I've been happily back in for a few years now. Besides the Firm, my collection has lots of Kathy Smith, some Karen Voight, Yoga Booty Ballet, and other odds and ends.

I have a few yoga videos, but I usually attend a weekly yoga class. I usually spend my video time on cardio and/or weights if I have a class in yoga that week.

I am thinking of taking the leap into Cathe-land sometime soon.

I have 2 tabby cats who usually leave me alone while I work out, but one sometimes wants to be petted when I'm stretching.

Happy to find this forum!
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 04:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF! It sounds like your experience mirrors that of some of people here - from your Jane Fonda LP to taking yoga classes. Hope you find info here you need/want. Cathe info is certainly frequently posted here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-15-06, 08:06 PM  
daisy_girl

I am a long time exerciser, but have been "out of it" recently. I had my first baby 6 months ago and am WAAAAY out of shape! I used to workout with videos at home years ago, then became a gym junkie. I am also a former personal trainer and fitness model. But all that seems like a lifetime ago ......

I was really good about working out all through my pregnancy - only gained 27 lbs. BUT, I battled walking pneumonia the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy - so no working out. I had my daughter no problem, started walking with her and doing some mild videos and workouts on FitTV. THEN, BAM! When she was 10 weeks old I broke my foot - no weight bearing for 6 weeks.

So here I am, recovered, healthy and READY to lose some weight and get my former self back. But I am fighting what most working moms fight - how to work out AND spend time with my baby girl. Not to mention my poor husband! I live in Las Vegas - so walking is pretty much a no-go until late September (way too hot!).

I recently have re-committing to working out with videos again. It seems like the perfect thing for me. I can workout at home, with my daughter playing with her toys in the same room. That way, she is still "with me" but I can actually workout!

I look forward to catching up with all the new videos out there!
Old 07-16-06, 05:49 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF. What a time you had! It sounds like you are ready to go in the exercise department and exercising to videos at home is the solution for you. You will get lots and lots of suggestions here as to what videos are good, of course. (Hide your credit cards...) If you want further motivation, feel free to investigate the check ins and challenges and jump into one that seems to be a "fit" for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-17-06, 01:13 PM  
RHend

Smile Hi

Hello all!

I found VideoFitness a few weeks ago while doing a search. This is an incredible place! I've been reading lots of posts and I'm in awe of the wealth of fitness knowledge and genuine friendliness of the forum members. I decided to come out of lurker mode and join in!

My name is Randi (the female kind, not the male kind ). I LOVE fitness videos and don't know what I'd do without them! I had gotten pretty out of shape over the past 7-8 years and was finally getting back on track when I had some health problems last year that caused quite a set back. I'm finally getting back to exercising again and taking things slowly.

Anyway, just wanted to drop into this thread to introduce myself and say hello to all of you nice folks!

Randi
RHend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread