Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-13, 01:55 PM  
violingal3

Very cool story!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 03:29 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

What a great story. It really highlights one of the great aspects of video exercise--being able to get a great, guided workout without feeling self-conscious from having other people around.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 03:30 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Amazing!!!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 06:30 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
snip

(I can't help, tho', putting on my daughter-of-journalist hat and wondering why this is national news. It's a wonderful story, but... CNN? Really?)
It is part of an ongoing series. They had links to a half dozen more stories of people who lost very significant weight (100+ pounds).

I had to dump CNN as my main news page because 4 or 5 years ago, they went tabloid big time! They aren't alone. The day after the huge typhoon, no news of that, but I learned that Miley smoked pot on stage (now THAT is not news.) Miley isn't news in general and the obsession with her baffles me. Instead of annoying her mom on purpose, she's annoying the whole media and yanking everyone's chain.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-13, 06:17 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
It is part of an ongoing series. They had links to a half dozen more stories of people who lost very significant weight (100+ pounds).

I had to dump CNN as my main news page because 4 or 5 years ago, they went tabloid big time!
They are going out of business, fewer and fewer viewers, so are desperate. There was a recent scandal where they were paid by Middle Eastern countries to give them good press. Essentially being the countries' PR firm instead of reporting the news, which was not favorable to those countries if you told the truth. Believe it or not, I've heard Al Jazeera is now the balanced news source -- no political agenda like American outlets.

Tags
success story