Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-18, 03:18 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDeb View Post
Hey, you've listed my debut novel on your release list!!!
The Uninvited Corpse, book 1 in The Food Blogger series. Can't lie. I love seeing my book on lists!

There are some great books here. So much to read, so little time to read.
Congratulations! I'm reading it right now!
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 04:32 PM  
BunnyHop

Read Gratitude in Motion by Coleen Kelly Alexander. In some ways it is a tough read, because it's the story of how she survived being run over by a truck and the many surgeries afterward.

She pulls no punches, describing her injuries and her surgeries in graphic detail, and it's really not for the squeamish, but she focuses on being grateful and hopeful.

I couldn't help thinking that the members of this forum would be likely to appreciate her story. She's always been an athlete, and focused on getting strong and running marathons as part of her recovery. She'll never be truly well ever again, but quite literally doesn't let that slow her down.
Old 04-18-18, 05:29 PM  
leigh1673

Recently finished The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I did not love-love it as much as her earlier book, The Nightingale, but it was still very good and engaging.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 05:30 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Recently finished The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I did not love-love it as much as her earlier book, The Nightingale, but it was still very good and engaging.
i finished that one not too long ago - and I agree!

I just finished The Enchantress of Numbers that was mentioned up thread. It was interesting and a good read.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 07:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Congratulations, FirmDeb -- that is very exciting!!

I ended up listening to The Wife Between Us, which is actually written by two authors and they both talked after the book was finished -- interesting. The book had a pretty good twist that I did not see coming.

Then right away I went into The Daughter by Lucy Dawson and it was a "page turner" that I just kept wanting to listen to. Finished that pretty quickly.

What's next for my ears?!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 07:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I recently finished On Being an Introvert or Highly Sensitive Person. I got it to review, but I noticed that I have slight leanings for both. It's a very short, easy-to-read book for anyone interested!

Now I am reading Shakespeare Saved My Life. It's a very cool non-fiction book about a professor who goes to a supermax prison to teach inmates in isolation about Shakespeare.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 09:36 AM  
sherry7899

Has anyone read these? I have them on hold at my library:

Before I let you Go-Kelly Rimmer
After Anna-Lisa Scottoline

I am inhaling "The Family Next Door" by Sally Hepworth

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 11:02 AM  
BunnyHop

I'm back reading more Charles Finch. An Old Betrayal. The next in the series is still checked out, so I guess I'll have to wait to figure out where the story goes next. I remember the gist, but don't want to miss the way it plays out.

Still have Juliet Blackwell's A Magical Match as standby. Read a bit of it but am holding off the rest to see if I can finish this other series again.
Old 04-19-18, 09:50 PM  
Loriann

I just finished The Rent Collector by Camron Wright. The story is set in a dump in Cambodia. Although the protagonist seemed a little too cheerful given her circumstances, I enjoyed the story and the lessons it contained. I also never really knew much about the Khmer Rouge regime before this so it was a good history lesson for me.
Lori
Old 04-20-18, 08:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I really liked The Rent Collector, partially because I was so surprised I didn't dislike it. It was a book chosen by a book group, but for some reason I thought it wouldn't be one I would enjoy. But, I really liked the characters and the story.

Currently, I'm reading Pebble Cove by Mairead O'Driscoll which I am really enjoying and How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry, which I am having trouble getting into.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading