Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-18, 05:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Bzar, Thank you for contacting them!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 01:47 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

What is the difference between streaming and downloading? I love Gilad! I tried to load purple player once a few years ago and wasn’t successful- weird error messages.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 02:09 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I think Purple Player is a proprietary format. I know I can't play the Jessica Smith Purple Player files with my laptop video player. (Windows Media?). I can play downloads just fine with the Purple Player app on my phone and computer.

Leslie
Old 02-24-18, 02:20 PM  
bohogirl

Talking

Oh my gosh!! I had no idea Gilad was still around!! Seriously he looks phenomenal. And I have to agree: he never ages.

I used to do these as a preteen. And I totally remember the terrible spandex bike shorts and leotards. But then, you always got to see Gilad’s tanned, ripped body while his tank top flapped in the Hawaiian breeze. His stuff isn’t trendy or flashy, but I think it’s good, solid calisthenic routines and low impact aerobics. And I feel it’s all modifiable.

I’m not sure I would do the workouts or not. But definitely keeping these in mind especially if they go on sale.
bohogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 02:26 PM  
Scorpio6

I caved on these, they look good.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 04:44 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1120 View Post
What is the difference between streaming and downloading? I love Gilad! I tried to load purple player once a few years ago and wasn’t successful- weird error messages.
I'm certainly no techy but I believe w/ steaming you need some sort of internet connection but w/ a download you can save it to the hard drive of your device and then play it whenever you want w/out having an internet connection. Some services allow you to download and also to stream - Bellyfit is like that - you can choose to stream the workout or you can download it.

I think if you can download something and save to your hard drive or a flash drive you can likely save it to a DVR but that is beyond my capabilities at the moment.

I'm not really sure if you can download from Purple Player or if you can only stream. I bought some of Gilad's downloads (30th Anniversary Series) and I stream them through PP.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 05:00 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i contacted them about whether it would be released on DVD. they responded with:

We have not decided yet. Most of our workouts are now being downloaded or streamed. People want their workout immediately and most have good internet. Our DVD sale has dropped 70% over the last couple of years.

You can also get this on your mobile devices by streaming them. I know, not the same but you be surprised how many do this.

We will announce it if we decide to put these on DVDs.

Tom Evensen
Gilad Productions, Ltd.
Oh Bzar what a lovely response and so honest. They sound almost like they are sad to see dvds going away too.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 07:08 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I'm certainly no techy but I believe w/ steaming you need some sort of internet connection but w/ a download you can save it to the hard drive of your device and then play it whenever you want w/out having an internet connection. Some services allow you to download and also to stream - Bellyfit is like that - you can choose to stream the workout or you can download it.

I think if you can download something and save to your hard drive or a flash drive you can likely save it to a DVR but that is beyond my capabilities at the moment.

I'm not really sure if you can download from Purple Player or if you can only stream. I bought some of Gilad's downloads (30th Anniversary Series) and I stream them through PP.

Donna
Thanks. So it sounds like I could only download to my laptop but if I wanted to use my iPad, I would need to stream. Is that correct?
Marie
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 07:32 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i contacted them about whether it would be released on DVD. they responded with:

We have not decided yet. Most of our workouts are now being downloaded or streamed. People want their workout immediately and most have good internet. Our DVD sale has dropped 70% over the last couple of years.

You can also get this on your mobile devices by streaming them. I know, not the same but you be surprised how many do this.

We will announce it if we decide to put these on DVDs.

Tom Evensen
Gilad Productions, Ltd.
I hope they put them on DVD, not interested in streaming workouts.
Old 02-25-18, 07:43 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I have a Michelle Dozois "download" on Purple Player, & I cannot download it further to burn to a DVD. I know virtually nothing about computers, though.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, gilad xcelerate