Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications

Old 03-12-14, 08:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks katmom! I'm getting the DVDs in a trade, so I should be starting in a few weeks.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 11:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
DVD 1--Phase 1, Strength workouts

On the main menu you have the option of choosing:
Introduction
Strength Workout 1
Strength Workout 2
Foam Roller

The foam roller workout is 5:35. You start rolling at your ankles and move up your body from there.

If you select Strength Workout 1, you can select Weeks 1-3 or Week 4. If you select Weeks 1-3 your options are:

Add Foam Roller: 44 minutes
Add Warmup: 52 minutes
Add Foam Roller and Warmup: 58 minutes
Play Workout Only: 38 minutes

If you select Week 4 your options are:

Add Foam Roller: 57 minutes
Add Warmup: 65 minutes
Add Foam Roller and Warmup: 71 minutes
Play Workout Only: 51 minutes

So you say that the last two submenus come up when you select "Strength Workout 1." Are there similar submenus for selecting "Strength Workout 2"?

Also, are the two Strength workouts supposed to be used alternately during the first phase of the program? Thanks!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-13-14, 01:05 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks, Donna & katmom--katmom, that chart is very helpful!

I got some feedback from the FB group as well. I have no problem taking a day off between strength workouts (I'd probably do light yoga on something on the off days), but I'd rather have the metabolic workout planned for earlier in the week so that it's more like:

M=strength
T=metabolic
W=off
Th=strength
F=off
Sat=metabolic

Make sense? Also, it may seem weird, but I am used to my workout weeks starting on Monday, like the work week.
CAn you do a strength on Saturday, instead of a metabolic? Rachel says you should emphasize the strength workouts, and if you have to skip anything, skip the metabolics.

Actually, I rarely did her metabolic workouts. I substituted my own cardio most of the time.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 01:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
CAn you do a strength on Saturday, instead of a metabolic? Rachel says you should emphasize the strength workouts, and if you have to skip anything, skip the metabolics.

Actually, I rarely did her metabolic workouts. I substituted my own cardio most of the time.
Sue, that was just a typo--I meant to type Strength for Saturday (I made the correction). One of the reasons I liked the idea of this program is that it has more strength work--I'm not a big cardio person.

Other than that, is it okay to do the Metabolic earlier in the week?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-13-14, 01:16 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Sue, that was just a typo--I meant to type Strength for Saturday (I made the correction). One of the reasons I liked the idea of this program is that it has more strenght work--I'm not a big cardio person.

Other than that, is it okay to do the Metabolic earlier in the week?
I don't see why not. If you turned Thursday into Monday, it's exactly like her schedule.

In Female Body Breakthrough, she even leaves out the metabolic/cardio for the first phase (probably knowing most readers will do it anyway ).

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-13-14, 01:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Sue! I'm impressed that you had such great results doing your own cardio. Did you do other stuff on the off days as well? And I don't remember from the other threads--did you say that you did or didn't do the RAMPs and foam rolling? If yes, did you do them as programmed BEFORE the workouts or in a different order?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-17-14, 01:56 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I often didn't do the metabolic workouts because I just didn't have the energy. If I went all out on strength including the metabolic move at the end of each strength workout, I was spent the next day. All I could do was an easy going walk. I really needed the recovery time.
Old 03-17-14, 05:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jane, did you get results doing the plan your way?

I jut got my DVDs today. I don't have the book, but I am interested in in Rachel's diet recommendations and would like to at least incorporate some of them (although I don't expect to fully follow the diet). Does she describe the diet plan anywhere online?

PS--My library system doesn't have the book, but they do have Feminine Body Breakthrough; is the diet in the book similar?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-17-14, 07:57 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Sue! I'm impressed that you had such great results doing your own cardio. Did you do other stuff on the off days as well? And I don't remember from the other threads--did you say that you did or didn't do the RAMPs and foam rolling? If yes, did you do them as programmed BEFORE the workouts or in a different order?
I did all kinds of things on other days - it was last summer, so I swam, played with the kids, played basketball, tried rock climbing, and spent a week at the beach using just my kettlebell for the Phase 2 workouts.

I did the RAMPs as a warmup but did very little foam rolling. If I do too much, it bothers my knee, plus it made the workouts take too long. You can do RAMP on your own (write them down, or memorize them) instead of following the DVD each time since she spends a lot of time instructing.

Old 03-17-14, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sue, thanks for the additional tips! I will try to do the foam rolling but may skip it some day due to time constraints as well; I'm glad to hear that didn't impact your results. I might add in 1 day yoga, a day barre, and 1 day CS (I'm used to exercising daily!), which I think would compliment the rotation nicely.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, rachel cosgrove