Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-13, 04:09 PM  
caligurl

i just ordered it..... i'd been looking at her cardio series due to the great reviews here... but never got around to ordering it... i did, however start doing her zwow workouts and i'm in L.O.V.E.!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sorry i waited so long to try her stuff!!!!!! i'm working my way through here zwow's and will note my favorites and use them often!

she is so adorable! i want a body like her's! i have a girl-crush on her! lol!

it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 04:39 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
I put a full review on Amazon. If you like Zuzka, you'll like this one for sure!
Leanne, thanks so much for the Amazon review! Caligurl, you're not the only one with a crush (girl or otherwise) on Zuzka -- all the other Amazon reviews at the moment just say "OMG I am so glad Zuzka did a yoga DVD! OMG I love Zuzka so much!!"

Becca and Sancho, thanks for your info as well. I'll need to give this one some thought - I like the idea of the shorter segments, but need to think about how I'd use this.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 04:57 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Leanne, thanks so much for the Amazon review! Caligurl, you're not the only one with a crush (girl or otherwise) on Zuzka -- all the other Amazon reviews at the moment just say "OMG I am so glad Zuzka did a yoga DVD! OMG I love Zuzka so much!!"

Becca and Sancho, thanks for your info as well. I'll need to give this one some thought - I like the idea of the shorter segments, but need to think about how I'd use this.
I know -- I have a total girl crush on her, too!

Even though I did the whole thing yesterday, I actually like the idea of just using a short segment a few times a week. Today I did a 45-minute barre workout, and then tacked on one of the ZYoga sections. It worked really well!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 05:40 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I previewed the Crescent Series (mammabecca explains above) and the Upperbody Plyo. I'm NOT a yoga person.

The Upperbody Plyo is: jump into plank, chattarunga, handstand preps, side plank, tree pose, 5 hip lifts, keep tree pose in plank and then 5 pushups (while in tree pose), up/down dog, jump in, stand, 5 in and out squats.

Random thoughts:

Moves look hard (especially the upperbody one) but so, so short.
Music is new agey and very light.
She does not chit chat or do anything to explain moves.
Set is beautiful. I think it is a real window view (not a picture).
Visually really nice. it seems very well produced to me.
Very serene.
So based on the fact that you are not a yoga person (neither am I) is this "athletic" enough to overcome that?

By no explanation do you mean she doesn't cue?
Old 04-10-13, 06:14 PM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho
I previewed the Crescent Series (mammabecca explains above) and the Upperbody Plyo. I'm NOT a yoga person.

The Upperbody Plyo is: jump into plank, chattarunga, handstand preps, side plank, tree pose, 5 hip lifts, keep tree pose in plank and then 5 pushups (while in tree pose), up/down dog, jump in, stand, 5 in and out squats.

Random thoughts:

Moves look hard (especially the upperbody one) but so, so short.
Music is new agey and very light.
She does not chit chat or do anything to explain moves.
Set is beautiful. I think it is a real window view (not a picture).
Visually really nice. it seems very well produced to me.
Very serene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
So based on the fact that you are not a yoga person (neither am I) is this "athletic" enough to overcome that?

I'm not a yoga person either and wonder if this is something I'd like since I love her other workouts.

How long is each workout? I might be able to do short yoga.
Old 04-10-13, 06:26 PM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i just ordered it..... i'd been looking at her cardio series due to the great reviews here... but never got around to ordering it... i did, however start doing her zwow workouts and i'm in L.O.V.E.!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sorry i waited so long to try her stuff!!!!!! i'm working my way through here zwow's and will note my favorites and use them often!

She really is adorable. In the zcut video, she always says "we're going to do it together" really sweetly like we're going shopping and getting ice cream afterwards, but then she takes you through this crazy intense power cardio workout that knocks the wind out of you. lol

I also dig the way she says "ten" in her czech accent.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 06:36 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post

By "no explanation" I mean that she cues the move "downward dog . . . upward dog . . . plank . . . into chattarunga" but there is no explanation of what the move is or pointers or modifications. She doesn't make any cute quips or comments.

I would say this is "athletic". The only yoga I have done is Tony Horton's Yoga X and a couple of Bikram classes. From the preview, this seems similar to Yoga X. I can't really say how athletic it is because I haven't done it. But it's all moves (from the two sections I looked at) and not breathing or meditating or anything like that.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 06:41 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post

I know! She's one of those people you want to hate because she is so beautiful but you can't because she is so charming.

As I do her workouts I'm convinced I have a body just like hers. It's such a disappointment when I walk by a mirror. : )
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 08:26 PM  
jpenar

Has anyone else had their DVD freeze up on them? I was so excited during the Warm-up section and then my DVD froze up repeatedly! Hope they will send me out a new one!
jpenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 08:35 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
It's such a disappointment when I walk by a mirror. : )

i know! right! (except i workout in front of a huge mirror... UGH!!!!!!!!!)

soooooooooo i get an email from amazon and i'm hoping it's my shipping notice.... nope... they (the seller) CANCELLED my order! because they can't ship to my address!!!!!????????? WTH? so i placed the order again.... let's see what happens????? i don't get it! i ordered the bob workouts during that sale and they delivered them to me just fine!?

UGH!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zcut, zuzana, zuzuka, zwow