Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-18, 07:27 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Tendu Toning Ballerina Strong Workout

My latest purchase. Any opinion on this?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 11:26 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I wish the DVD was chaptered. What a tough ballerina!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 02:53 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

This is insane. How can anyone make a long DVD that is divided into segments without chaptering? As much as I want to support Mary and I like the DVD is will so return it and exchange it to I don't know what yet. Grrrrrrrr

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 03:32 PM  
CharM

TF says there are no chapters on the menu, but chaptered at random points every 10 minutes. I suppose that could be annoying, but better than none at all.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-18, 04:42 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
This is insane. How can anyone make a long DVD that is divided into segments without chaptering? As much as I want to support Mary and I like the DVD is will so return it and exchange it to I don't know what yet. Grrrrrrrr
No chaptering! I have the first Tendu DVD but I haven't tried it yet. Jeez I keep forgetting!
Old 04-20-18, 09:06 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Okay I finally tried part of "Tendu Toning Where Ballet Meets Fitness" (the first DVD) today.

Yep, confirmed, there's not even a menu option, it just starts playing when you put it in the DVD player. So I skipped forward through her introduction until I got to the warm up section.

It was a lower body day for me, so I did the Warm up, Squat, Attitude, 2nd Position, and Band Kick Back series (before I ran out of time and also energy - otherwise would have finished with Lunge for a total lower body workout) and I really enjoy it! The chapters I did constituted about 35 minutes of work.

It is athletic and to the point, she doesn't spice it up or talk a lot like other barre workouts may (P57, Ballet Physique, Booty Barre, etc.). It almost reminds me of Cathe's Turbo Barre with her calm demeanor and with the use of the band. I liked that she utilized the band, ball, ankle weights, and gliders, as well as hand weights to work the upper body too. Based on the chapters it seemed to be even reps on both sides although I wasn't consciously counting the reps. She did larger range of motion reps followed by pulses, for a lot of the exercises. I thought the equipment she used really added challenge, variety, and a unique flair to the workout, and they weren't used just to throw it in. I'll most likely pick up her second workout eventually.

The music was pretty bland so I'll likely just use my own the future (although there's no music off option).