Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-05-22, 07:00 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. The marathon went great. Boy it got hot at the end. I’m too tired for details today but I will share some tomorrow. It’s done and now I am resting for a week. Thinking of all of you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 08:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Yay, Karen! Enjoy your well-deserved rest!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 07:53 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was just a short walk. I slept terribly the night before so was too tired. Friday's workout was 55 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Glad the marathon went well and you got to visit with Judy. My favorite PHA is probably PHA3 because of the cardio factor, and the fact that there are no endless reps like the original PHA, and harder than PHA2.

Vannie - Thanks for updating us on Cher. We definitely do miss her around here. I guess it's not the end of the world if you fall asleep while in the relaxation pose. It probably means you needed the sleep.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 06:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I am resting well and slept very well last night, like 10.5 hours! But I slept only about 2 hours night before the marathon. Nerves. AND, Judi NC and I last minute had to share a room with 2 other ladies. They are friends and partners so it all worked out. Katy (one of them) had accidentally made a reservation for Albany, New York and not Albany Georgia. But we all laughed and had fun. The marathon was plenty hard and got very hot but I met my goal of less than 5 hours. Saw lots of people nearly overcome with the heat but who revived with fluids and cooling.

Jbliff so sorry you did not rest well. Judi suffered a bit with the heat too. Where she lives in VA it has still been pretty cold and she is not used to the heat. Maybe 50+ minutes of Yoga will help the sleep. I wonder if hypnotherapy would help.

Vannie sorry you had an emotional day Friday. I am reading a book about motivation in athletes and it emphasizes dealing with and facing your emotions. I hope you are doing better today.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
Old 03-07-22, 08:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Rest day #2 today. Back to work tomorrow. Glad I had Monday off. That will make the week shorter. Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 03-07-22, 08:36 PM  
Cher

Just popping in to say “hello” again. Not much going on. Joseph has to get a colonoscopy and since the doctor is on vacation for 2 weeks, it got pushed off until March 28.

Exercise…been managing 4 or 5 times a week but nothing to overly exerting.

Waves to all of you!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-22, 06:40 PM  
JBliff

My workout Sunday was Xtrain Burn Sets Chest, Shoulders & Back + a long walk with DH. We almost hit 80 degrees on Sunday! Monday's workout was 35 minutes of yoga.

Cher - Great to see your post. Sorry to hear the colonoscopy got pushed back. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Joseph.

Karjoy - I have been able to get a decent night's sleep for the past 2 days. The insomnia just comes and goes. I really don't know what causes it. It could just be the stress of what's happening in the world right now too.

Old 03-09-22, 07:28 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so good to hear from you! Kudos to you for exercising 4-5 times a week during this stressful time. Gosh I am sorry that Joseph’s colonoscopy won’t be till later this month. Hopefully the time will go quickly.

This is my 4th rest day and I am feeling pretty recovered. I will probably go for a walk tomorrow to ease back in.

Gibbee there will be no Cathe trip this year. My friend Chris called up there and talked to Nancy I believe. I think Cathe is busy with the new STS series.

Jbliff glad you got some good nights of sleep. That’s wonderful. It was 80 degrees almost every day last week and earlier this week. Now we have a front rolling through as we speak and Saturday night it is supposed to be down to 26 degrees.
Can you believe it? Whiplash westher! But darn 80 degrees is too hot too fast.

Waves to Vannie.
Old 03-10-22, 07:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I started back exercising today with some simple unweighted moves—bridge work , cobras, wall pushups, half squats. Feeling mostly back to normal. Gonna have more rain tomorrow and a hard freeze Saturday night. 26 degrees! That’s cold for us Floridians. Waves to all.
Old 03-11-22, 07:57 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Thursday was Xtrain Legs standing and ball & Chair premix + 35 minutes of yoga. Wednesday's workout was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Tuesday I did Xtrain Biceps & Triceps + took a 40-minute walk with DH.

Karjoy
- Your weather has a lot of swings like ours here. We went from almost 80 degrees down to the low 50s. I'm glad to hear Cathe is working on the new STS.