Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-22, 11:13 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
. Does the Total Gym fold up & store away easily?
Here's a couple YouTube videos from Rosalie Brown and another from Rob Glick demoing how to fold/unfold the Total Gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCn8_tTQac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agj1RITwuHs

I am in a small space in my basement, but leave it unfolded. I thought if I leave it folded I wouldn't use it and it does take up a lot of space. I will see if I can locate the dimensions for you, so you can measure your space.

I'm not sure I would purchase a TG again. In my space, it isn't the best because my little nook is a square space with one of the corners of the room cut off. Most of our basement is for storage. But, they sell used TG's all the time. It's a bit longer and wider than my original reformer (that I used to have) but it does have multiple functions...when I use it.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 11:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the info, Pam!

ETA: Hmm...it's longer than I realized.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 11:50 AM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica’s newest mobility workout. It was really good and what I needed. After not exercising regularly for the last six months, I have so many aches and pains, along with soreness. I now realize I would have been fine to still exercise, but at the time it felt painful. Live and learn!

I’m not sure what I will be doing in the future, it depends on how I adapt to four hours on my feet. Well, maybe three, as we are done with watching the kids about 45 minutes before we leave. I know I will need some strength and yoga/stretching.
Old 08-12-22, 12:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Margaret Richard Fitness Becomes You (2004)

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Margaret's Fitness Becomes You (Program C.) It has six (20 minute) workouts and most are filmed outdoors in Canandaigua, NY. I chose the Upper Body segment, which was great! Boy I miss that Spanish guitar that is in many of her workouts. She uses 10's for (triceps, biceps) and 5's for deltoids. I used 8's and 4's and had to change out to 3's for the last bit of shoulder work. She has you do slow and controlled pushups for chest, alternated with stretches for back which was nice. Most instructors have you knocking out the pushups first thing, and the more relaxed format was great here. I also added on....more Mari Winsor Pilates!!!

April Focus:
Old 08-12-22, 12:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mari Winsor Pilates Basic (step-by-step) 2002

This is the kind of workout you use, if you've been away from Pilates and need a refresher...or if you're just beginning. You only do about six or so basic mat exercises while Mari explains breathwork and form. I think they are (the hundred, roll up, roll over, one leg circle, rolling like a ball, one leg stretch, double leg stretch and spine stretch.) Modifications are shown for people with bad lower backs or neck issues, or for people who aren't as flexible...which is nice. This is only about 20 minutes, so a good practice of exercises and core control. The main thing with Mari is sometimes I feel she counts too quickly and I'm usually a step or two behind when doing stuff like the hundred. Or, she's telling you to breath in/out and I've moved on during her explanations, lol! Anyway, I like this gentle approach of learning pilates again. I'm not sure I used this DVD much at all (in the past) and it's good to have to go back to.

April Focus:
Old 08-12-22, 03:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today so far, I just did the standing portion of Essentrics Live from 7/29 -w/ Alexa. I wanted to do at least some of it before it was removed from the site.

I may do a LWR workout shortly.

I have been feeling a bit scattered lately.

I'm off next week so hoping it will re-set me.

My DD is also going to be "away" for 2 weeks, house and pet sitting for a friend.

Pam - nice work w/ Margaret. I'm feeling inspired to do some of her stuff - I am also considering Lift & Shift, but I am not sure about committing to that, although I did do well w/ her Strong & Centered series.

Sherry - you will figure something out for working out - it may take you some time to get used to being on your feet all day - but once you do, I'm sure you'll be able to add in some stuff.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 01:06 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Self Bikini Ready Fast w/ Ellen - this is an oldie - it is a more athletic version of Ellen's fusion style workouts. It is filmed outdoors on a beach. I hadn't done it in a few years so it was nice to bring it out again. I may do some more of these 'self' workouts this week - they are filmed outdoors and feature a variety of instructors like Violet Zaki and Kimberly Spreen.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 10:52 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to post. My business trip to Montreal went well and I didn't get COVID, so that was a plus! It actually was nice to go somewhere and have a change of scenery.

I haven't done any workouts since I returned last week, so I got back into it today and did Jessica's MetCon 5 from youtube. I'm pretty sure I had never done this workout before, and I really enjoyed it. I also went to the beach yesterday and walked 4 miles.

I have to go back and read everyone's posts from the last week! Hope all is well.
Old 08-14-22, 04:34 PM  
Leonana

I did the first mile and warmup from Jessica’s 5 K Steady Walk. I liked it a lot. It seems this walk wasn’t that popular, but I enjoyed it. But maybe if I did all three miles it would get tedious!

Dh and I also went with our friends to Dollartree, Lowe’s and two Goodwills. I was on my feet walking for four hours and did okay, so I’m cautiously hopeful I’ll be fine being on my feet for my part time job.

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m glad the trip went well. MetCon5 is a hard one!
Old 08-14-22, 04:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mari Winsor Pilates Back workout (2004)

Hi Ladies,

We were in Boston on Saturday so no workout to report. Spent a lot of time on my feet, so lower back and feet are hurting today!

Sunday I did Mari's Back workout which was nice and gentle! I need to keep this in my rotation! Also, added Miranda's Pain Relief (Feet and Calves) workout, as well as Jessica's Gentle Yoga for Back Pain Relief (30 minutes.)

Getting ready for a soak in the tub and hope that helps, too!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend! I have homework to do for my last Hawthorne class on Monday!

April Focus:

Tags
tablet