Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-19-21, 02:35 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm adding my own creation for a Halloween workout.

My idea was to do the workout to Thriller. Edited: made no sense the way I wrote it originally. So maybe this will be better: Do each exercise for 31 sec work/10 sec rest, 31 sec rest between rounds, 1-4 rounds.

Thrusters
Hand to hand kettlebell swings
Reverse lunges
Inverted rows
Lateral lunges
Lat (ribcage) pullovers
Elevated pushups
Renegade rows

I'm planning to do this one and The Pumpkin Workout by Kindal Boyle ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKN...dWRhj1&index=4) on Halloween (or possibly the day before since I don't usually workout on Sundays and may just binge horror movies that day).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-21, 01:16 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess I probably won't do the Halloween 5k. I still haven't run and haven't even worked out much. Maybe next year.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-21-21, 09:08 PM  
Vantreesta

I had thought about doing a Halloween 5k on the 30th but I've barely ran this fall and haven't even worked out that much so probably won't do it. I did workout today, though. Four more off the Halloween list. I liked two, one was okay and didn't like the other one. But I hit my gym and sweated it out and that's the important part!

Old 10-26-21, 07:32 PM  
buffmama

Sandy - How do you like you're latest yoga instructor YogaCandi? Apparently I have some evening yoga of hers saved.

I'm thinking of 30 min whole body, large muscle workouts for the near future. Could always do Caroline's but interested in any ideas that come to anyone's mind. Growingannanas has tons so I'm looking at hers as well. May not even go with a rotation. Waiting to see how my brain pans out as I continue to heal my eczema.
Old 10-27-21, 07:52 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How do you like you're latest yoga instructor YogaCandi? Apparently I have some evening yoga of hers saved.

I'm thinking of 30 min whole body, large muscle workouts for the near future. Could always do Caroline's but interested in any ideas that come to anyone's mind. Growingannanas has tons so I'm looking at hers as well. May not even go with a rotation. Waiting to see how my brain pans out as I continue to heal my eczema.
I am really liking YogaCandi's classes. The intermediate are challenging but doable. Her voice is nice, but I've been doing some of the minimal cues classes, so maybe she's more chatty/woo woo in the regular, but I am hoping not.

I'm going to continue with Caroline G, but I will do 2-3 classes a week, not the programmed five. I have also considered breaking the one hour full body classes in half.
Old 10-27-21, 11:13 AM  
SandyO

November Thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231929

Sandy O
Old 10-29-21, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

MrandMrsMuscle - oh how I've missed you! Perfect and different lengths for different days - this could work. And I can take a page from Sandy's playbook and not do them everyday. Please remind me of that. Longer pilates and yoga are always nice.

Thinking about KCM's Power Splits - am I the only one? The other sounds good too but not how I normally exercise.
Old 10-31-21, 09:04 AM  
buffmama

Happy Halloweenie Vannie!
Old 10-31-21, 09:50 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, buff! Happy Halloween to you all too! Even Sandy, the Halloween Grinch! I just now got up. Ack! Gotta get Cyric and go pre walk off the candy!

Old 10-31-21, 01:43 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thank you, buff! Happy Halloween to you all too! Even Sandy, the Halloween Grinch! I just now got up. Ack! Gotta get Cyric and go pre walk off the candy!
Ha Ha. Our lights will be turned off tonight. I'm visiting my sister Carol gabbing while she hands out candy to any kids that come.