Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-22, 04:21 PM  
alisoncooks

Moves you love…that don’t love you back…

I love “booty band” work. (Also, I don’t like saying “booty band” but it is what it is…)

That said, *every* time I use this gadget, it totally wrecks my SI Joint/hip. Like, I KNOW better and usually just do the moves without, but the other day I felt strong, lol, and used the band. Doggone it! It lit me up. So sore in the hip today.

So…is there a move or workout that you love but can’t do?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 05:39 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Cathe's and Christi Taylor's step workouts. Years ago I could fly over that step, shuffle and jump. Not anymore; it kills my feet and hips. Sometimes I'll put a DVD in and do my own low impact moves just to watch them again. They were so much fun...sigh
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:07 PM  
SEV

Malasana. I can do it and feels good for a few seconds, but then whammy, hip pain. This pose is recommended for the hips, just not my hips. It has actually taken weeks for the pain to go away. I hate to admit that I've had this happen more than once. I guess I thought it was a fluke the first time :-)
Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 10:38 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Anything high impact. I would love to go all out high impact, but it's not possible.

Edited to add stiff legged deadlifts that I mentioned in another thread. Won't go near them with my injured back (injury not exercise related).
Old 08-17-22, 11:11 PM  
fatkat555

Burpees… my back gets zapped every single time. Runner up is mountain climbers, same thing, it zaps my back.

Oh, I don’t jump forward or jump back in yoga. I step forward and step back. I’ve learned…

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 08:20 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Burpees… my back gets zapped every single time. Runner up is mountain climbers, same thing, it zaps my back.

Oh, I don’t jump forward or jump back in yoga. I step forward and step back. I’ve learned…
I agree with burpees and mountain climbers, if I do them I use a step or something so I don't have to go all the way to the floor and it is better on my back.

I have never tried to jump forward or back in yoga. I just do the step. I amazed at yoga teachers who do it so gracefully, like they are floating in the air.

Deadlifts have started to get me, I have to use lower weight (if any) and not go down as far as I used to.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 09:02 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Anything high impact. I would love to go all out high impact, but it's not possible.
Yes. I still do some impact, because a little is fine and is good for my bones. But not in high doses.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 05:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yes. I still do some impact, because a little is fine and is good for my bones. But not in high doses.
Same. Some high impact is fine, but too much and my feet and ankles start to bother me.
Old 08-18-22, 06:39 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Pretzel. 😖. It kills my hip and piriformis. I end up hurting for days. Also, moves with the magic circle. Pilates actually hurts my hips so much now that I can’t do it anymore.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 07:21 PM  
AnMrsDe

Strangely enough, a yoga pose is most irritating to my lower back: the side-angle pose with straight legs. If I bend my front leg, it's better for my back.

The same with forward bends...need my legs bent slightly in order not to tweak anything.

I still love my yoga!! Just gotta do what's needed to keep my body happy! And if I skip too many days without doing Mady Morrison's Back Pain Relief Stretch, my back starts feeling irritated. That yoga practice is magic for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eA2Koq6pTI
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications