Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-22, 05:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Here I go again ...

Not being accountable, taking too many rest days .... That should stop NOW!!!

Lili: I always tell people, the hardest part about Pickleball is learning how to score. Once you get it? You'll be fine. It's not as hard as it seems. And you just need someone who knows scoring and plays a few times with you and you'll get it in no time. . . . I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do!

Waves to Helen, Vantreesta and any, all lurkers!

Me, me and all me:

Again, not sure what's up with me. Good grief:

8/14/2022: 30 mins. Broadway ride with CDE & 10 mins. Cool Down ride with Bradley

8/15/2022: Rowed & Rode

8/16/2022: 80s ride w/Denis

8/17/2022 & 8/18/2022: REST DAYS

(here we go again!)

on Sunday I got a ton of steps. My son and I went into NYC and walked around. First was a walk to the Peloton studio. I got the obligatory picture (but no famous instructor sightings. darn!) and then we walked up to the theater and saw "Come From Away". It was fantastic. I've wanted to see it since it came out and it's going away on 10/2, so my son surprised me with tickets. I loved it!

Thought i was going to play pickleball yesterday after work. Got there, but no one showed up. Ooops. The other group I belong to? Has gotten so big it's kinda crazy. They are having some growing pains. Making new rules, they don't work out, making other rules, etc, etc. I am staying clear for now until they iron out some of the kinks. I am registered through Dec. though, so I can go down whenever I want.

That's it. I'm off to the bike. Rumors of the rower coming out by the holidays. I'll believe it when I see it. But this weekend is the "All For One" classes, so badges are to be earned.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-22, 10:53 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Good thing about replying to myself?

No shoutouts to answer people. hahahahahahahahahahaha.

8/19/2022: Rowed 20 mins. (a Drive with Aquil), 5 mins. cool down row with Aquil, All for One (for future reference: acronym AFO) 10 mins. warm up with Bradley Rose, AFO 20 mins Purple Disco ride (or something like that - purple?) with Leanne and a 5 mins. cool down ride with Denis!

I know I'm old now. I thought, "ohhhh I don't know a lot of the artists in the AFO classes, but I know disco." Yeah. Joke's on me ... it wasn't disco as I know it (from the 70s)! Nope ... it was disco from now. Lizzo and others. Interesting. Not sure I'd call it disco. Ok, not the disco I think of when I think of disco. Yep. Feeling pretty old. Just writing the 70s makes me realize, it was a very long time ago.

And maybe it was me but I didn't feel the usual energy from Bradley on this ride?!? Almost too scripted? He did seem to start laughing and loosening up towards the end. But not on my list of favorites. . . And you all KNOW I adore Bradley Rose!

Have a great day - off to do more rides for more badges.
Cleda
Old 08-21-22, 12:50 AM  
Vantreesta

I really hope to post more tmrw and answer any questions I was asked, but I need to get to bed. We were up at 5:50 to get ready and get to opening day of the MN Ren fest on time so it's been a long day!

Workouts have been:
Wed 8/17 137 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
8 minutes (from B. Johnson Heart & Bones Yoga -Yoga for Thoracic Spine (mini class), YT)
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
28 minutes (from 2.16 mi for 10k trainer wk3 day2/Zombies Run S3M56)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)
48 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.41 mi)

Thu 8/18 36 minutes
24 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.79 mi)

Fri 8/19 140 minutes
7 minutes (from DanceFitUniversity -DJBaddmixx HALLOWEEN WarmUp, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from J. Valant Thoracic Mobility Exercises - For Posture and Back Pain Relief!, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
6 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
28 minutes (from 2.19 mi for 10k trainer wk3 day3)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory)
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.42 mi)

Sat 8/20 56 minutes REN FEST--over 12k steps!
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.75 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-22, 04:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Vantreesta: look at all those minutes. Cool way to keep track. (I know I could NOT do it that way. I'm lucky if I can remember what I did! thank heavens for apps)

Waves to Helen, Lili & all reading.

Me, me and all me (Before I hop on the bike)

8/20/2022: 10 mins. Sam Yo AFO warm up, 30 mins. AFO Beach Boys Ride with Leanne, 30 mins. AFO Carrie Underwood with Ally, 5 mins. AFO stretch Carrie Underwood with Denis

Easier to keep up when I do it daily! Got one of my badges for the AFO classes, working on the next one.

I got a high 5 from Sam Yo during the warm up. I think that's the second or third one I've gotten from him over time!!!

Make it a greatday!
Cleda
Old 08-22-22, 05:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Post and run

getting my week started:

8/21/2022: 30 mins. AFO Florence & the Machine (CDE), 20 mins AFO Maggie Rogers ride (Emma Lovewell), 10 mins. AFO Cool Down Ride (John Mayer) CDE, 5 mins. AFO stretch (Matt Wilpers)

And my AFO badge is earned. Now back to my regularly scheduled rides.
New Power Zone Challenge starts next Monday, 6 weeks of PZ check ins
Commit to Fit challenge for rowing (4x a week at 20 mins. or more) begins in Sept. (Badge involved!)

Walked around an amusement park all day yesterday. Lots of travelling, visiting, etc. of late. Time to rest up and get back to regular workouts!

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 08-23-22, 02:55 AM  
Helen

Determined to get a post in, and get up to date!
Sun 07. 59min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity - BootCamp
Mon 08. 64min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity - Muscle Endurance
Tue 09. 63min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity - Cardio & Weight
Wed 10. 69min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Muscle Max + 36min Cathe - Low Impact HiiT - Workout 1 - Mix 5 (+ Bonus Abs One)
Thu 11. 19min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Stretch Max - Routine 1 (no equipment)
Fri 12. 73min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - High Step Challenge
Sat 13. 18min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Core Max - Workout 2 (S-ball)
Sun 14. 59min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Interval Max 3
Mon 15. 21min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Core Max - Complete Core Mix
Tue 16. 73min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Hardcore Extreme - Hilo Intervals
Wed 17. 22min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Stretch Max - Routine 2 (S-Ball)
Thu 18. 51min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Gym Style - Back, Shoulders, & Biceps
Fri 19. 21min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Core Max - Workout 3 (M-ball & S-ball)
Sat 20. 73min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Kick Max + 62min, Couch to 5k - Week 2, x2
Sun 21. 18min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Core Max - Tough Core Mix
Mon 22. 69min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Gym Style - Legs

So, I've been SUPER SUPER hitting it, just not posting as FINALLY made GETTING IT DONE a major priority.

Then have been focused on embroidery - finally finished the pretty stuff on a large square to go into a quilt for Cait. Ready to do the pin-pricking around the outside of it - all pinned ready.

DH is still not great - turned out he has a compressed fracture of a vertebra (L1) which can expect about 3 months to heal.

So today's priority was to POST my doings, and NOW I need to go and do it - but thankfully, it's only

17min, Cathe (chrono) - Hardcore - Stretch Max - Routine 3 (Flat Band)

Sorry to post & run (again), but THE WORKOUTS are absolutely coming first lately; but also promised myself my bedtime reading tonight would be of this month's thread!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 05:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: I'll say you're hittingg it hard and getting it done. Holy mackeral .....Poor Dh. Hope he has minimal difficulty in healing and that the 3 mos. go quickly. Guess his activities are curtailed for awhile. Look at all that Cathe. Wow!

Waves to all!

8/22/2022: 20 mins. Sam Yo Mental Health Recovery ride, 10 mins. fitness goals meditation

That's all she wrote!
Have a great day.
Cleda
Old 08-24-22, 03:00 AM  
Helen

LILI
DH had cataract surgery to bith eyes and it was easy and very positive! So you should be very optimistic about it!

CLEDA
haha!! I felt old when it was pointed out the the 70s was 50 years ago, and 50 years before that was the 20s! So teens talking about the 70s is like us talking about the 20s. Ouch!!

VANNIE
Your minutes per day are wonderful! I’m cobstantly struggling to get mine done (DH often bemoans with “again?!”) but the duration is less than your typical days.
Go you!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-22, 04:39 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Everyone is doing great this month! Way to go! Of course, I'm not including myself in there, since I've been hit or miss a lot lately.

8/18 - busy day, picked up Sawyer for a 2 day sleepover. Played Mini-Golf, but that's it.
8/19 - dog walk
Another busy day with Sawyer, ending with a visit to Longwood Gardens which gave me almost 19K steps for the day!
8/20 - dog walk
8/21 - dog walk
Body Pump #120, 32 min.
10 Min. Kindness Meditation (Peloton)
8/22 - GHU 5000 Step Walking Workout, 43 min.
10 Min. bunion exercises
8/23 - dog walk
KCM's Split Session, Lower, 28 min.
8/24 - Run at not so flat park trail, 3.14 miles, slower than last week!
There will be a dog walk after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, I need to go check on mine. I'll check back later with shout outs.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-22, 05:10 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

YIKES ... I did it again

Got side tracked and need to check in. I'm back in a power zone challenge and they tend to keep me on the straight and narrow. So maybe my Tuesday/wednesday rest day pattern will stop. Here's to hoping.

Waves to all! have to get caught up on the check in and get ready for work.

8/23/2022: 20 mins. Jazz Ride with Bradley Rose, 10 mins. standing Core with Rebecca Kennedy, 10 mins. meditaton

8/24/2022: REST DAY
8/25/2022: REST DAY

8/26/2022: Pickleball (3 hours), 20 mins. Aquil Row, 45 mins. CDE climb Row, 5 mins. Cool Down Ride, 10 mins. Stretch with Ben Alldis

8/27/2022: Power zone Endurance ride 45 mins. w/Denis, 10 mins. cool down ride with Ben alldis, 5 mins. Post ride stretch w/Denis, 10 mins. Floor Stretch with Ben

8/28/2022: 10 mins. a.m. meditation, 45 mins. Power Zone endurance ride with Sam yo, 30 mins. Gospel Ride with Cliff, 5 mins. Post ride stretch, 5 mins. cool down ride, 10 mins. standing core with Rebecca, 10 mins. full body stretch with Ben Alldis

That's it. Challenge officially starts on Wed. You guys know me, like to get a nice cushion in there. Then I can work around it

Have a great week! Off to get ready for Monday --- at least (in the US) we have a holiday weekend coming up. Looking forward to it.

Cleda