Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-19, 12:44 PM  
Sharaz

Update: Getting my fitness life back!

Update: Getting my fitness life back!
Hello everyone

I stopped working out and bailed on STS right after my last post here (Mid Feb). I went through a situation that put a lot of stress on me. I remember not able to sleep and constant chest pain. Many times, I thought I was having a heart attack. All my brain energy was directed to resolve the situation. I disconnected from all social media I have not read the posts from the VFers that joined the STS challenge. I just started lurking back into the forum yesterday. I feel so disappointment for not completing the program with you

STS is still on tap this year First, I need to get my fitness life back!

I started working out on June 1. Starting back from ZERO physical activity in about 4 months is hard. My fitness level decreased a lot. Also, I am heavier because I ate basically CRAP during this period. I was not motivated for cooking either. I looked into the mirror and hate what I see.

I need to build my cardiovascular endurance first. This is the area that is more affected during period of inactivity. My strength builds up faster. I CANNOT do an hour-long step workout at this moment. My re-starting plan is as follows:

1. Working out 4 days a week
2. Cardio/Weight Circuits

Tuesday: Low Impact Circuit
Thursday: Bootcamp Original (BANDS)
Saturday: Body Max 2 Bootcamp
Sunday: Drill Max (BANDS)

I know the workouts above workouts can be killer for a re-starter. However, I am the type of person that prefer to modify down than up. I like the feeling of working out to become better and improving day by day. Not able to do something challenges me. I am doing the Cathe Advanced circuits that I LOVE so much! For me Circuits are perfect for restarting since you have breaks between cardio and weights. Also, the total reps per muscle group at the end of the WU are low. This helps building strength back slowly.

I started officially on June 1st (I did the workouts two times previously as a test without following the step choreo just steep/knee) The first week, I did WU and Combo 1 on the step. This week, I am doing WU, Combo 1-2. When I am not following Cathe, I do Step/Knee with dumbbells. I am doing step/knee with 15’s during Bootcamp Cardio. I already doing Drill Max Plyos at my own pace. During abs, I do 20 reps/rest on the ball. I am doing the push up on the wall. I will continue building up until I master the workouts entirely. After W3, I will be adding C&W until W6. I think that taking more than one full rest day at this moment is helping me to keep going. Yesterday, I felt like doing something but decided to be patient. I may add some light aerobic cardio or walking on non-circuits days soon.

I hope this helps others that may have stopped working out for a period and need to get back on track. It just took me to decide TODAY is the day! I am feeling so much better physically and mentally. I am glad that made that decision
Old 06-14-19, 01:18 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Good for you, Sharaz! Great to see you back.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 02:16 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Good for you, Sharaz! Great to see you back.
Thank you Julie Glad to be back here.
I feel sooo much better. I missed and need my workouts!!!
Old 06-14-19, 03:34 PM  
Taiga

Sharaz!!!!! So good to have you back, buddy
Glad your time of stress is over----now back to being a workout warrior
Old 06-14-19, 04:02 PM  
Daffie

I'm so sorry for whatever caused you that much stress! I hope it is resolved for you. Enjoy your workouts!
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 05:18 PM  
anjabear

Hi Sharaz!
I've read your posts for years now (long time lurker that posts more often now).
I'm glad you were able to resolve whatever was happening in your life, and that you are back in the game
I remember you being a bad @ss, yes?
Old 06-14-19, 11:40 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yeah!! Good for you and congrats, I love your spirit!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 11:43 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Welcome back! You are in the right place...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-19, 06:22 AM  
sherry7899

Welcome back! I am glad to see you.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-19, 07:19 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Welcome back. I wondered what happened to you.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
restarting