Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-14, 10:23 AM  
woodie

Looking for workouts that have arm work like in Squeeze and Squeeze Stronger

Hi!

Do you know of any workouts like this? I have come to realize that I like low weight high rep and the approach Squeeze takes is great for me - kind of all in one, wrapped up in 15 minutes with no leg work attached). Any other ideas?

Thanks!

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 11:08 AM  
bfit

Some of the barre type workouts have arm work like this. Kathy Smith's Total Body Lift has a 15 minute arms section and so does Denise Austin's Body Makeover Mix. Ballet Body Upper Body is longer (30-40 minutes), but it's the same type of exercise - it's tough!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 11:38 AM  
casey

If I want the kind of low weight hi rep upper body definition you are describing, I would do Squeeze Stronger, Tracy Mallet Booty Barre Plus Abs & Arms and Jari Love Get Ripped and Chiselled. Also, Ballet Body weighted Swan Arms gets your arms and shoulders really well with just 3 lb weights in about 15 minutes. (It's a single cheap download from her web site if you don't want her whole plan).

Tracey Mallett's The Booty Barre Plus Abs & Arms has a low weight high rep arm segment, excellent. You have leg work on that DVD, plus abs but there is a great separate arm and shoulder chapter after the warmup. I enjoyed doing it when I was also focusing on Squeeze Stronger and Jari Love rotations. Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiselled is also hi rep, low weight, though I go heavier than 5 lbs with biceps and lats. It includes a few sets of standing legs in the beginning but really is upper body intensive and legs are done pretty quickly.

If I rotated these workouts, my arms would look super defined in 2 weeks or less.

HTH Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 12:37 PM  
woodie

Wow casey! That is awesome! Thank you guys for the suggestions. Checking out clips right now.

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 12-04-14, 12:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Exhale Pure Arms and Abs - has 2 UB segments, 10 min each. uses a band (can use DBs as an alternative). you can choose the chapter you want.

Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout - ouchie ouchie with just 3# weights will leave you humbled. even the men in the cast look wiped out. many VFers dropped the DB weight even lower - 2# and even 1#. the DVD version is chaptered so that you can select the UB portion (20 min) easily.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 08:42 PM  
LeanneM

Hi Woodie,

Tracy Campoli has some free workouts on YouTube that are just awesome! When I'm good about doing them, I notice results in a couple of weeks.

This one is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4Din-A_7I

Hope that helps!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 08:58 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
If I rotated these workouts, my arms would look super defined in 2 weeks or less.

HTH Casey
Casey, can I ask how many days a week you would use these? Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 09:28 PM  
woodie

Thank you so much for these options!

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 12-05-14, 09:34 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Suzanne Bowen's Pilates Perfect Body also has a short 10 minute arm section with light weights and it also does the job! Ditto with her Tone, Tighten, Torch.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 10:19 AM  
Suzan66

Tracy Campoli has a lot of free arm workouts that are really good on You Tube at around 10 minutes.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, squeeze arm work, squeeze stronger, swan arms