Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-13, 09:49 AM  
kariev34

Zgym

Anyone still using Z's workouts on her ZGYM website? If so how are you liking them? How are you incorporating them into your week? Are these your main workouts? Have you seen results? How much equipment is needed? How do they compare to her DVDs? I'm considering joining.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 10:24 AM  
cmiyachi

I am a subscriber and I'm actively using them. To answer your questions:

1. Yes I use them weekly. I joined later so I sometimes do more than 2 a week - sometimes 4-5.

2. I like them very much - they have a mix of body weight exercises and dumbbell work. Zshreds are more cardio but the ZWOWs can get your heart rate up as well. I was not at all into BodyRock - they may have been great but I couldn't get past the camera angles.

3. She releases a rotation each week which is helpful but I just do her workouts as part of my running routine. They tend to be short - 15 minutes which works as a warm up for running. Her yoga routines are also short. There are only a few workouts in the 20-30 minute range. She also has 2 warm ups and cool downs that are good. All the workouts can be strung together in to make a longer session (but they are really tough!).

4. On some days they are my main workouts.

5. Results - I can do burpees a lot easier now!

6. Equipment - a mat, a chair or step-up box, dumbbells (a 15 pair seems to be most used), a jump rope (she has you substituting just high knees if you don't have a rope), a mat. Some workouts use no equipment and it varies.

7. DVDs - I think the workouts themselves are tad bit more difficult than her DVDs but maybe not. The production values are higher in her DVDs - and she has music. I like how she made the DVDs different and didn't just use her Zgym workouts.

HTH,

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 10:46 AM  
horusosiris

I subscribe to her Z-Gym. I do not use them as my main workouts but use them as add ons because most of the workouts are short. There are lots and lots of burpess and this can be very hard on my wrists. There are also a lot of Plyo moves.
As was said, the equipment is minimal. The production value is much better in her DVds than the workouts in Z-Gym. Many of her earlier ZWOWs are on youtube so you can try them and get a feel for her workouts before you subscribe.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 12:35 PM  
cmiyachi

Also wanted to mention that the zgym workouts are higher quality than her free workouts but not as high quality as her DVDs.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:32 PM  
mbcatac7

I am a member of ZGym. I like them. I don't them everyday but I do them about 2 days a week. I like to mix and match workouts.

My overall strength, stamina and endurance and greatly improved since adding these workouts to my weekly workout schedule. I having been doing them on a regular basis since July. I did a 6week rotation using ZGym and ZCuts. Love the kettlebell beach workout she posted in September..I do that on a regular basis.

For me it's worth the $10 a month. I do write down the workouts on paper and keep track of when I do them and time.

Tags
zgym, zuzka light