Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-07, 11:03 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy
I was just about to order Bar Method - seriously I was going to order it from Amazon this weekend. I see this thread and im feeling conflicted. What do you guys think? Bar Method or Squeeze?

BTW Shelley - my son's bday is April 27th too
I agree with what's been posted. Way too much time wasted on the set up and Bar Method moves so slowly. Also, personally I didn't click with Burr. I liked the Lotte Berks a tick better, but they too seem to waste a lot of time. Squeeze is a much better w/o, IMO, especially the arm stuff. I thought the BM stuff for arms was a joke (never tried any LB for upper body). Also, Squeeze "looks better," "flows better," and Tracy is a great instructor. Also, you do get a lot for the money. I'm glad I invested in this. If you like the iBallets, I think you'd be bored silly with BM after a few run throughs.

Happy early birthday to your son!!
Old 04-22-07, 08:14 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
I did the full-body squeeze today and really liked it a lot. Thanks for enabling - Lexy and everyone else!
Glad you like it, Karen! I'm doing Squeeze every other day and it hurts in a good way. Like someone said, muscles that never get doms now have doms. She's a good instructor and I actually look forward to "seeing" her every time I do it.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 10:08 AM  
alsrnbsn

I tend to lurk here sporadically, but had to post because I just received this video this last week. I ordered in on Monday and it arrived Wednesday! I also received a nice email from Tracy.

I previewed it last night, but haven't worked up the guts to try it yet! Just by watching, though, I know that it was burn like the dickens!!!
I just hope that I will be able to walk after the leg section! I think that I will try adding it in my regular rotation in pieces. Today is Shoulder/Arms from P90X, and I may try adding the arm section in to try.

Amy
alsrnbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 10:14 AM  
mtnmom

I suddenly realized I've posted on other boards about how much I like Squeeze, but never came back to say anything about it here!

I've done the Full Workout and Power Squeeze, plus the fold-over planks from the custom menu. I really like how there is no time wasted. And Tracy is so very pleasant to work out with. The music is different, but in a good way. The day after the Full Workout, I was sore in my triceps, lats, quads and glutes. I haven't had DOMS in quite some time - and in so many places at once!

I thought the Power Squeeze was a bit unbalanced, but it had some good moves in it to compliment the rest of the DVD. By unbalanced, I mean that the only upper body work was pushups and tricep dips. Whereas, she fried my inner thighs in the standing leg section, the ab section and the bun/thigh section. I did prefer the ab work in the Power Squeeze though. For some reason, C-curve ab work just kills my mid-back. I also noted that there's a third workout for abs in the custom workout I'll have to check out.

The Fold-over Planks in the Custom menu are killer! These are akin to the last section of barre work done on HRA, but on your knees.

I am just totally wowed about how well done a DVD this is for Tracy's first. Not only has she filled a void that's existed for a long time, but done it in a manner that used to only be reserved for "celebrity" workouts with a big budget. She's very comfortable in her presentation and given us so many options on one DVD.

Ha! Loved the little comment after the standing leg work in the Power Squeeze - "Don't throw your ball at the TV!"

Thank you guys for bringing this workout to my attention!
Old 04-22-07, 10:35 AM  
Inchworm

My goodness, this sounds like a great workout!

Thanks for all of the great reviews here. Diane, where are the other websites you visit??? I think maybe I'm missing out on some other fitness websites. I know makeupalley has a fitness board and so does yaya's, are there other ones worth mentioning??? Now, I would NEVER give up my VF, as I've been a member (at first under a different name) for over 8 years. I just love all of the information AND wonderful support VF provides.

Thanks a lot.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 11:09 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm
Thanks for all of the great reviews here. Diane, where are the other websites you visit???
I'm at YaYas, and Cathe's forum - you can post about other workouts on the Open Discussion there. Sometimes I'll post on the Collage Forum, although it's awkward there - your posts don't show until Collage reviews them and sometimes edits them.
Old 04-22-07, 11:42 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
I'm at YaYas, and Cathe's forum - you can post about other workouts on the Open Discussion there. Sometimes I'll post on the Collage Forum, although it's awkward there - your posts don't show until Collage reviews them and sometimes edits them.
Beachbody is the same way, I went to comment on my love of P90X and found out their posts were reviewed and such before they even get in, so I have never been back.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 12:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Suzy,

I was just wondering if you'd received your DVD? I paid on the 17th, which cleared on the 20th. Then, got an e-mail from Tracy that it shipped out on the 20th, but the e-mail was addressed to "Dear Les..." Even though my name and address was on the order page.

I think I'll e-mail her (just to be sure it went to me, instead of "Les.")

Wanna bet she's getting lot's of orders?

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 01:28 PM  
alsrnbsn

Okay, noodle arms abide!!! I quickly realized that even using #2 weights was NOT going to happen for the entire arm section! LOVE IT!!! It really does fill a void in the video fitness industry and it's done in a very classy way!

If the arms are this hard, I am almost scared to try the legs!
alsrnbsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 02:00 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsrnbsn
Okay, noodle arms abide!!! I quickly realized that even using #2 weights was NOT going to happen for the entire arm section! LOVE IT!!! It really does fill a void in the video fitness industry and it's done in a very classy way!

If the arms are this hard, I am almost scared to try the legs!
It depends. I found the arm stuff tough, but the legs not so much. We're all different!

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger