Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-07, 06:26 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
OH....MY....GOSH!!

Am I slow or what? I JUST figured this out Slim Series Express!
LMAO, Red! LOLOLOLOLOL
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:27 PM  
ssgilby

Red - Don't feel bad. I'm just as slow as you are! I didn't even get it until you pointed it out. BTW, I agree w/Rose. Just buy the stupid thing!
Old 04-17-07, 11:49 AM  
bearcatfan

I've been Squeezed

I added the floorwork of the regular Squeeze program to my workout after doing Cathe's Gymstyle Legs standing portion.

The "L" floorwork was good, but not particularly evil. I think the L work in Buns of Steel is harder. I guess you could add light ankle weights to this, and I might try it this way some other time. (6 minutes)

The heels on the wall bun work. Dare I say it? Mistress Grace has competition! I really felt it because it was varying tempos and feet/toe positions with nary a break. (less than 5 minutes, but worth it).

I think next time I will do the Fuzzie premix and do all the lower body from both programs, including the ball work. Fuzz, did you program this with your dvd player or just skip around?
Old 04-17-07, 12:03 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
The "L" floorwork was good, but not particularly evil. I think the L work in Buns of Steel is harder. I guess you could add light ankle weights to this,

I thought it was horribly evil!
Maybe I'll be able to do it all someday without a break, but - ankle weights, too

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 12:32 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx

I thought it was horribly evil!
Maybe I'll be able to do it all someday without a break, but - ankle weights, too
I don't have this tape, but if that "L" floorwork is what I think it is, it is MURDER for me too! The leg is slightly off the floor, and you go up, across, back, down, up, across, making an L shape? If so, I'm with you!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 12:47 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
I think next time I will do the Fuzzie premix and do all the lower body from both programs, including the ball work. Fuzz, did you program this with your dvd player or just skip around?
The first time I just skipped around (not too difficult to do since the DVD is well chaptered) but then I made a VHS copy stringing all these segments together so the workout would be smoother. I need to figure out a way to do this on DVD but I'm technically challenged...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 01:43 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
I added the floorwork of the regular Squeeze program to my workout after doing Cathe's Gymstyle Legs standing portion.

The "L" floorwork was good, but not particularly evil. I think the L work in Buns of Steel is harder. I guess you could add light ankle weights to this, and I might try it this way some other time. (6 minutes)

The heels on the wall bun work. Dare I say it? Mistress Grace has competition! I really felt it because it was varying tempos and feet/toe positions with nary a break. (less than 5 minutes, but worth it).

Rose - You should be quiet. If Grace gets wind that there may be tougher work out there than hers, she'll up the ante and kill us for sure.

BTW, I tried a bit of Squeeze yesterday. The bun/thigh work with the feet on the wall did nothing for me - although I didn't have a ball handy to use so I did without. I never feel Grace's "feet on the wall" work either, so maybe I'm just odd. I get a much better burn when I leave my feet on the ground.
Old 04-17-07, 01:53 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S.
Ha ha ha, I got Squeeze before I got SSex. LOL!

Super fast shipping. I ordered on Friday and it arrived today. I'm still waiting for SSex.
Debbie,

I'm glad you got squeezed. That BB is awfully slow even when it comes to SSex. I guess your husband is probably happy about that since he's not home.

Helen
Old 04-17-07, 01:58 PM  
Tish

Quote:
The bun/thigh work with the feet on the wall did nothing for me
I did the 30 min. workout yesterday. While I found it interesting - great production values - I didn't get much out of the wall part either. I didn't have a playground ball so I used my 6 lb med ball. It didn't do much. I don't feel Callanetics either so I wonder if I'm not made for barre workouts.

I'm going to try the longer workout and see if I get more out of it.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 01:58 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
Can you elaborate? You say you think Grace is as tough, yet you are glad you got this. The reason I am resisting is iballet and isculpt, being as good, and cheaper. Why are you still glad that you have these?
I like Tracey as an instructor. She's athletic, flexible, and I like how she teaches. I like that it's on DVD (although I like audio too). Squeeze has good upper body work while IBallets don't (ISculpt Trad. usually only works one upper body part and it's not killer either). I think by doing Fuzzie's combo, you can work your lower body just as good as any IBallet too. I like the pelvic rotations and other different stuff that Tracey does. I also like the stretches in between.

Plus I'm a VFer so I like lots of variety.

Helen

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger