Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-13, 08:06 AM  
amoodygirl

Is anyone getting bored with Zuzka?

I joined her zgym for the last two months and I just don't see anything really new and exciting there. Yes, the workouts are great - short and effective. But there's only so many exercises that you can rehash over and over to make it feel new and fresh. Am I alone is feeling like this?

Just to add - I woke up in a funky mood so maybe it's just me.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 08:46 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I'm not feeling it yet . . . but I am mixing her up with lots of other stuff. I'm doing her about 3 x's a week.

I agree that there isn't much "new" in the Zgym but I like having all the choices. Because of streaming issues, I'm mostly been using her DVDs. I'm probably going to cancel the Zgym membership if I can't get past the buffering.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 08:49 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi Sancho,

Thanks for your reply. I should have stated that it's the ZGym that I'm finding same old, same old. She's coming out with ZRopes but from what I understand she's selling the jump ropes and giving 5 days free of ZGym to use them along with her. I like the idea of some varied jump rope workouts but I don't need another jump rope!

Diane

Diane
Old 08-02-13, 09:45 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I paid for six months up front, so I'm going to give it 6 months.

But from the last two workouts, shred and ZWow, it looks like the workouts are going to get longer in length, meaning she is evolving, which is good in my eyes. I may be totally off base here.

I think the beginner's series tied her up for awhile also. She is now done with the beginner's series, so I'm curious if things will pick up now.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 10:09 AM  
mle777

I really love her workouts, but just can't do them on a frequent basis. I started having panic attacks for a short time last year and then had the same issue this year. It may be a coincidence, but both times were during Zuzana rotations. Once I stopped the rotations, the panic attacks stopped. I don't know if I'm an already high stress person and her workouts just push my body (cortisol levels) over the edge or what. Either way, I'm only doing her workouts occasionally now (again, even though I really enjoy them).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 10:28 AM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I really love her workouts, but just can't do them on a frequent basis. I started having panic attacks for a short time last year and then had the same issue this year. It may be a coincidence, but both times were doing Zuzana rotations. Once I stopped the rotations, the panic attacks stopped. I don't know if I'm an already high stress person and her workouts just push my body (cortisol levels) over the edge or what. Either way, I'm only doing her workouts occasionally now (again, even though I really enjoy them).
You are not imagining things IMO! I never had a negative reaction to intense workouts before I was pregnant, but now, I tend to feel overwhelmed, panicky and teary afterward- not related to discomfort, reality, what happened during my day, whatever- I'll be in a perfectly lovely mood, enjoy my workout, and then boom. I don't have that reaction at all to less intense workouts. So weird. Maybe it is the cortisol.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 10:50 AM  
amoodygirl

Here's the thing for me - I've been teaching fitness since 1989 and I know how difficult it is to keep things fresh and interesting and I think that's why I'm getting bored. Burpees, variations on pushups, etc. - there's only so much you can do. I love her personality and her fitness is inspiring.

Diane

Diane

Tags
zgym, zshred, zuzka, zuzka light, zwow