Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-13, 12:36 PM  
pcdoctor01

I enjoy workouts where there are three or more people in them, do you?

I have been doing YouTube workouts and I'm finding that I enjoy workouts where there are three or more people in them. Ex. BeFit in 90 has three or four users doing the workouts at the same time while HASfit has the coach or Freddie doing the workouts by himself. I'd done workouts where it's one person and it just doesn't seem the same.

Ex. Most of the 60/90 day programs that I can think of have multiple users doing the workouts at the same time.
P90X, Insanity, JNL Fusion, Body Revolution, TapouT XT, Turbo Fire, etc.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 12:42 PM  
Gams

Me, too. I prefer a "class" environment.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 12:46 PM  
dela

I agree except for Classical Stretch, in those I like just Miranda! But I don't generally like when it's only the instructor, or like that Amy Bento dvds with just her and Eugenia (spelling).
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 12:48 PM  
Kathleen86

I like it if they are all in sync..I've seen a trend with timed circuits where each person is doing the exercises at their own pace. This really throws my eye off. I haven't purchased any like this but on previewing, it's really disorienting. That said, I don't mind if the video is a group or just 1 instructor.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 12:51 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen86 View Post
I like it if they are all in sync..I've seen a trend with timed circuits where each person is doing the exercises at their own pace. This really throws my eye off. I haven't purchased any like this but on previewing, it's really disorienting. That said, I don't mind if the video is a group or just 1 instructor.
This is why I could never buy Breathless Body 2 even though I like Amy Dixon. They are all over the place in that workout. I like DVDs where, even if the modifier is doing something different, her movements are generally in sync with everyone else.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:15 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nope. I'm in love with Jessica Smith workouts and she's by herself. Even with Peanut, that's only two!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:47 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Depending on the routine, these days I'm generally more into a solo instructor. Feels more intimate and gives me that 'personal trainer' vibe which I prefer.

But if it's straight cardio - even Leslie - I tend to prefer a group with its energy and mix of people. I think it's because I usually find cardio more repetitive and/or boring, and the visual variety of a group keeps me stimulated.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:48 PM  
ladysaraii

I don't like an entire class, but I think the instructor + 2-3 people is pretty good. Sometimes I don't mind instructor only, but it depends on the workout. The more amped it's supposed to be, the more I want some other people there.

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 02:12 PM  
mtnmom

I prefer 2 or 4 participants along with the instructor.

Instructor only - seems rather empty.
Instructor +1 - I feel like the person in the background is the only one in the class and how awkward is that!
Instructor +3 - The person in the middle is often hidden behind the instructor
Instructor +>4 - The room starts getting crowded. Although sometimes the large groups "work" if the room is large enough.
Old 06-13-13, 02:18 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I don't care, though I do like the modifier benefit of more than just one. It can be nice to see both beginner and advanced variations.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote