Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-13, 01:06 PM  
amoodygirl

I agree that she should be compensated for her work - absolutely no argument there. And I never thought it could be "competitors" trashing her on youtube and other sites - interesting. But that's a good bet.

However, I'm getting mad that my question of downloads or streaming is being danced around! What's the secrecy? It makes a difference if I can subscribe or not. Certainly she knows the format of the workouts - why say they can't answer the question because the zGym is not open? Sounds purposely evasive!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:11 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I agree that she should be compensated for her work - absolutely no argument there. And I never thought it could be "competitors" trashing her on youtube and other sites - interesting. But that's a good bet.

However, I'm getting mad that my question of downloads or streaming is being danced around! What's the secrecy? It makes a difference if I can subscribe or not. Certainly she knows the format of the workouts - why say they can't answer the question because the zGym is not open? Sounds purposely evasive!

Diane
I'm sure she knows the format, too. But she's probably just trying to build up excitement before the BIG LAUNCH!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:12 PM  
F1mom

Quote:

Diane
Maybe they aren't 100% sure at this point? A paid subscription is new for her and her team, perhaps they haven't worked out all the kinks yet, ie, how long will people have access to the workouts and so on.

I don't see it so much as being deliberately evasive as trying to answer all the questions at once while they're no doubt pulling their hair out behind the scenes.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:17 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I'm sure she knows the format, too. But she's probably just trying to build up excitement before the BIG LAUNCH!
She's managing to NOT build up excitement for me - just annoying me!

Diane

Diane
Old 06-06-13, 01:18 PM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
Maybe they aren't 100% sure at this point? A paid subscription is new for her and her team, perhaps they haven't worked out all the kinks yet, ie, how long will people have access to the workouts and so on.

I don't see it so much as being deliberately evasive as trying to answer all the questions at once while they're no doubt pulling their hair out behind the scenes.
My boss wouldn't know if a site was static HTML or a web application with a dB without talking to me. She would ask, and I'd be able to tell her [when I got a chance to], but serving video can have more variables.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:18 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post

You're probably right but I still find it annoying to not get an answer. Surely, if the project is opening in 4 days, she would know the format of the workouts.

Diane

Diane
Old 06-06-13, 06:31 PM  
Susan

Quote:
You're probably right but I still find it annoying to not get an answer. Surely, if the project is opening in 4 days, she would know the format of the workouts.

Diane
I can definitely understand your frustration, but perhaps she's getting hundreds of questions and feels that if she answers one, she will have to answer all of them, so she has decided to wait until her "big announcement" date to provide all of the information at once.

I guess I'm just saying that one question may seem simple to answer, but if she responds to your question, she might be bombarded with others, all of which would have been answered in just a few days, anyway.
Old 06-06-13, 06:45 PM  
MoFirmer

And some people like to have all their ducks in a row before they start talking about a project. That way they have all the kinks worked out and don't have to back pedal saying well we changed this or that.....
Old 06-06-13, 07:19 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
I'm really turned off about the lack of transparency on Zuzka's site now. I sent them an email (will post the exchange below) and the response was to tweet Zuzka during her twitter session on 6/12. Seriously? What kind of answer was this!!!! Why can't you tell me if they are streamed or downloads? I'm totally turned off now.

Here's my email:

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Diane Engoron <dengoron@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning!

Quick question regarding zGym. I’m totally excited about Zuzka’s new venture but need to know if these will be streamed or downloads. I cannot stream to my workout area  so I’m hoping these are downloads.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Here's the response:

From: Customer Service [mailto:customer.service@zuzkalight.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:44 AM
To: Diane Engoron
Subject: Re: Zuzkalight.com Customer Service Inquiry

You can check it out then for more details about the new ZGYM. Zuzka will also be doing a live twitter chat at 5pm PST on Wednesday June 12th to answer any questions about her new Zgym. You can tweet her @zuzkalight using the hashtag #ZGYM.
Here is the part of her answer I don't understand. This is supposed to go live Monday, June 10th. Yet, she isn't doing the Twitter Chat until Wednesday, June 12th??? If people's decision to subscribe is hinging on several questions, why not develop a FAQ?

LoveVA - I don't think Zuz should run a "charity" and don't feel that is what she is doing offering free workouts. There is no doubt in my mind she is getting paid for her what she does, whether it is by advertisements, click-throughs, or whatever...I don't think it is fair to dismiss those that are upset that they will no longer get free weekly workouts from her, since that is what they have come to expect and have been doing for years. It is a shock to their system, no doubt. Having said that, I think the idea of downloadable or paid YouTube workouts or whatever way she is going to go is absolutely fine. There are plenty of sites out there doing it now and for A LOT more than $10/month. I think $10/month is a GREAT price point and will probably subscribe just because!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:39 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I can definitely understand your frustration, but perhaps she's getting hundreds of questions and feels that if she answers one, she will have to answer all of them, so she has decided to wait until her "big announcement" date to provide all of the information at once.

I guess I'm just saying that one question may seem simple to answer, but if she responds to your question, she might be bombarded with others, all of which would have been answered in just a few days, anyway.
I'm sure you're right. But, in my small defense, I originally asked the question via email so no one else would have known that my question was being answered. It wasn't until they sent me what appeared to be a cut-and-paste email that I posted on her FB page.

Diane

Diane

Tags
zuzana, zuzana light, zuzka, zwow