Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-24, 12:42 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I found that variations of (weighted and unweighted) plies tightened up my inner thighs to certain extent without losing weight. However, it was losing weight that made my thighs smaller all over.
Old 03-26-24, 12:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
However, it was losing weight that made my thighs smaller all over.
yes.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 12:54 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

If anyone subscribes to Cathe Live, I HIGHLY recommend #003 All About Legs.
OMG my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used NO WEIGHTS and every part of my legs/butt are sore! Not bad sore, just worked hard sore. Inner thighs for sure!!!

Did I tell you how great Live 03 is? ;-)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 07:29 PM  
Venus

I like these:

POPSUGAR Fitness: 5-Minute Upper Thigh Workout

Essentrics: 6 MIN Thigh Thinners

Joanna Soh: Inner Thigh Gap & Slim Waist Workout - 14 min

I also saw this thigh workout (which I haven't done yet; I only previewed a bit). It's chaptered, so you could do the standing and floorwork portions on different days.

Joanna Soh: No Equipment Inner & Outer Thigh - 24 min
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:39 PM  
alisoncooks

Another 10 minute, inner thigh floorwork video on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eeCKskBf-xI
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 05:43 AM  
TracyQ

I’ve noticed my inner thighs becoming weaker and less toned as I age even though my legs have always been pretty strong. I workout consistently, Peloton cycling, Cathe lower body workouts weekly and walk a lot, with once weekly hill repeats.

After attempting the exercises in this Erin Stern YouTube video https://youtu.be/bbuNue3NwG0?si=cqtsls6o88_UqG3g and really struggling with them I tried to figure out why. The only thing that has changed over the past 3 years is my cardio. The majority of my cardio is Peloton cycling.

So this past month I’ve been doing Cathe HIIT cardio workouts (mostly low impact but a little high too). It hasn’t been long enough to notice any change in my inner thighs, but I do feel that my inner thighs are getting more of a workout than when I’m indoor cycling.

Kate—I’ve got All About Legs queued up and ready to go today. I am experiencing a flare up of golfers elbow and am reluctantly taking a break from heavy weights. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 08:33 AM  
alisoncooks

I enjoy floor work for my inner and outer thighs. For one, I have creaky knees, so it’s usually a safe and easy way to target the lower body without fear of harm. Also, I think it’s a safe way to work the muscles in my lower abs, pelvis, and lower back. I am prone to hip/lower back issues, so I envision those floor work moves just wrapping stronger supporting muscles around that area.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 09:52 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Activating the glutes will also work the inner thighs (among other things) and will help you get the most out of your lower body workouts. Barlates has a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjfz3Nuy5u0

I wouldn’t focus on inner thighs alone - I’d include it with other lower body work. Barlates has a You Build Challenge with 10-minute workouts that you can mix and match. Week 1 has mat workouts for inner thighs, outer thighs, and glues that work well together for a 30' workout or could be done separately. Week 2 has Cardio Thighs and Week 3 has Barre Thighs. Each of these has some extra work for the inner thighs and also works the rest of the lower body.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qrgyVcm8TusaP2

There are a lot of other good lower body workouts on that channel as well!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 02:27 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
Activating the glutes will also work the inner thighs (among other things) and will help you get the most out of your lower body workouts. Barlates has a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjfz3Nuy5u0

I wouldn’t focus on inner thighs alone - I’d include it with other lower body work. Barlates has a You Build Challenge with 10-minute workouts that you can mix and match. Week 1 has mat workouts for inner thighs, outer thighs, and glues that work well together for a 30' workout or could be done separately. Week 2 has Cardio Thighs and Week 3 has Barre Thighs. Each of these has some extra work for the inner thighs and also works the rest of the lower body.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qrgyVcm8TusaP2

There are a lot of other good lower body workouts on that channel as well!
Thanks for the Barlates recommendation. I’m not familiar with the workouts but will check them out.

I agree about activating the glutes. I have a lazy left glute, and my left inner thigh is weaker and less toned than my right.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 08:30 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

If you want add-on glute activation workouts, Barlates has a Perky Lifted Butt Challenge on YT. The workouts have detailed instruction on glute activation and are slower-paced than her usual workouts - good for all levels.

It's intended that you start on Day 1 and go in order, as the workouts generally get progressively more challenging. The workouts are about 5-20' long (most are 5-10').

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2K2EklPcxlqr7I

I tried the first few workouts out of curiosity and ended up doing the entire thing. I didn't have lazy glutes, but I think that focusing on this for a while made my other lower body workouts more effective, and it also improved my balance (which was already good).

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, floorwork, inner thighs, thigh slimming, thigh toning, thigh workouts